WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 104 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 103 104
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
Disinfecting with Ozone. You can get a pretty good ozone generator for less than 20.00 on ebay. Add a fan and a big cardboard box and you can sanitize the hell out of just about anything. The trick is to have a place to do it as ozone is not real good to breath. Takes about 20 minutes, in a cardboard box to get the job done and it will work on just about anything.

I had a friend, now gone, who owned an auto rebuild place for years. He once told me that ozone was one of the only things he ever found that would destroy the stink left in a car when somebody died in it, and was in the car for a couple of weeks before found. Ozone will destroy any organic based odors, viruses, bacteria, fungus, mold, etc.

I have COPD and us a bipap machine at night. I spent 20.00 to buy an bipap/cpap cleaner (this does exactly the same thing as the 300+ dollar machine). I just put the bipap machine into a cardboard box then hook it up to the little ozone cleaner with the tube and the cleaner forces ozone through the tubing into the box which cleans up the bipap machine. Works good for anything that will fit in the box and is timed to 20 minutes and shuts itself off.

JUST DON'T BREATH IT!!
https://learn.allergyandair.com/ozone-generators/

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by GreatNewsTonight
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
I just disinfect the car surfaces regularly, steering wheel, dash, door handles, buttons, etc and then I disinfect the house doorknobs.
Coming into the house the gloves get taken off immediately and disposed, then the doorknobs get sanitized.

Works too, as long as you remember not to touch your mouth or nose or eyes with your gloved hands.

Never ever ever.
Eyes, nose, mouth, verboten.
I never bothered carrying around Kleenex before but we keep a box in all the cars now.

I have the routine down and I've drummed it into everyone else.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
G
G
Originally Posted by jgw
Disinfecting with Ozone. You can get a pretty good ozone generator for less than 20.00 on ebay. Add a fan and a big cardboard box and you can sanitize the hell out of just about anything. The trick is to have a place to do it as ozone is not real good to breath. Takes about 20 minutes, in a cardboard box to get the job done and it will work on just about anything.

I had a friend, now gone, who owned an auto rebuild place for years. He once told me that ozone was one of the only things he ever found that would destroy the stink left in a car when somebody died in it, and was in the car for a couple of weeks before found. Ozone will destroy any organic based odors, viruses, bacteria, fungus, mold, etc.

I have COPD and us a bipap machine at night. I spent 20.00 to buy an bipap/cpap cleaner (this does exactly the same thing as the 300+ dollar machine). I just put the bipap machine into a cardboard box then hook it up to the little ozone cleaner with the tube and the cleaner forces ozone through the tubing into the box which cleans up the bipap machine. Works good for anything that will fit in the box and is timed to 20 minutes and shuts itself off.

JUST DON'T BREATH IT!!
https://learn.allergyandair.com/ozone-generators/

I use a CPAP machine; would you please send me the brand/model for your $20 ozone cleaner? Are they available on Amazon?

Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
I got mine on ebay. I will send you 2 links. The first will be from ebay and the second amazon. All the ebay is from the United states and are freight free. There is litle difference between the US and China (which is odd). these have gone up since I bought mine are are now around 30.00 (amazon want more - an interesting aside is that when you buy from ebay it usually ships through amazon which is interesting. I have a friend who sell through Amazon and he explained to me but I still don't get it)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...dkw=c+pap+cleaner&LH_BIN=1&rt=nc

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=cpap+ozone+cleaner&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Oh, amazon sells the ozone thing and the bag together for around 70 bucks They are both separate and together and cheaper on ebay.

Last edited by jgw; 05/08/20 05:58 PM.
G
G
Originally Posted by jgw
I got mine on ebay. I will send you 2 links. The first will be from ebay and the second amazon. All the ebay is from the United states and are freight free. There is litle difference between the US and China (which is odd). these have gone up since I bought mine are are now around 30.00 (amazon want more - an interesting aside is that when you buy from ebay it usually ships through amazon which is interesting. I have a friend who sell through Amazon and he explained to me but I still don't get it)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...dkw=c+pap+cleaner&LH_BIN=1&rt=nc

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=cpap+ozone+cleaner&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Oh, amazon sells the ozone thing and the bag together for around 70 bucks They are both separate and together and cheaper on ebay.

Thanks a lot. I've ordered one of these.

Amazon has marketplace vendors who often offer the same products for cheaper price. Maybe the ebay seller is also a member of the amazon marketplace program.

Last edited by GreatNewsTonight; 05/09/20 05:57 PM.

Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Here are some very recent publications from the Eastern Virginia Medical School, about treatment for Covid-19 at every phase.

Summary

Detail

I don't think any of us here are actual physicians, but the first couple of stages could be useful to know. That's actually a lot of zinc. You might want to keep it down to 40 mg/day until you have some kind of exposure.

Info on Zinc

G
G
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Here are some very recent publications from the Eastern Virginia Medical School, about treatment for Covid-19 at every phase.

Summary

Detail

I don't think any of us here are actual physicians, but the first couple of stages could be useful to know. That's actually a lot of zinc. You might want to keep it down to 40 mg/day until you have some kind of exposure.

Info on Zinc

Excellent, thank you!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Dietary zinc is readily available in all sorts of foods, meat; eggs, dairy, beans, nuts, grains, etc. As long as you eat a balanced diet you should get all the zinc you need without supplements.

And there is the gut microbiome to consider. The healthier it is the better your immune system is going to be. Dumping excessive amounts of a metal that is known to kill microbiota into your gut seems like a stupid thing to do. Diarrhea is often the result of over-consumption of zinc, which tells me that you've probably just wrecked you gut bacteria. Gut bacteria is 85% of your immune system.

I'm always suspicious of supplementation, especially when the body has whatever it is in abundant supply already. Just because you put it into your stomach does not mean your body will absorb it and use it the way you want it to.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
G
G
Originally Posted by Greger
Dietary zinc is readily available in all sorts of foods, meat; eggs, dairy, beans, nuts, grains, etc. As long as you eat a balanced diet you should get all the zinc you need without supplements.

And there is the gut microbiome to consider. The healthier it is the better your immune system is going to be. Dumping excessive amounts of a metal that is known to kill microbiota into your gut seems like a stupid thing to do. Diarrhea is often the result of over-consumption of zinc, which tells me that you've probably just wrecked you gut bacteria. Gut bacteria is 85% of your immune system.

I'm always suspicious of supplementation, especially when the body has whatever it is in abundant supply already. Just because you put it into your stomach does not mean your body will absorb it and use it the way you want it to.

I wouldn't subscribe to these notions. It's not that we should be taking huge amounts of Zinc forever. It's that it does seem to have some replication inhibition properties regarding viruses, and if there is a hugely dangerous virus going around, it seems to be a good time to beef up the Zinc level.

85% of the immune system is due to intestinal bacteria? Not even close. You are clearly overestimating that role.

In any case, I do NOT eat a balanced diet, unfortunately... so, yes, I'll be taking some Zinc supplements for now, and when this danger is over, I'll stop. But I didn't go for the mega-doses. I ordered 30mg capsules, exactly to avoid side effects like diarrhea and metallic taste.

And no, the body doesn't always have an abundance of some oligoelements and some vitamins.

Take vitamin D, for example. Its demonstrable deficiency is very wide-spread in the population. I need a supplement. I don't even drink milk (which in most brands comes with some vitamin D). I barely get any sun rays as I actually dislike the outdoors (I know, weird, right? I could go on and explain why at some other point) and in this time of stay-at-home orders I'm catching even fewer rays.

It's common for people to have low vitamin B12 and folate and develop some degree of macrocytic anemia. Sure, people who eat lots of fruits and leafy vegetables aren't those, but again, unfortunately I don't eat lots of fruits and leafy vegetables...

So, sure, eating a balanced diet is ideal... but those unreasonable schmucks like me who don't do that, do have a role for supplements.

And then, yes, there are supplement formulations that are perfectly absorbed, which can be clinically demonstrated.

Take a person with low vitamin D and low folate as proven by blood tests, give them by-the-mouth supplementation of Vitamin D capsules and Folate tablets for two months, take another blood sample and measure the levels again, and they will be up.

So, I get the feeling that you are generalizing... you have a sort of ideological antagonism to supplements, and you are extending this to this advice that is strictly related to COVID-19. No, this advice from the Eastern Virginia Medical School does seem sound to me and I intend to follow it, while the pandemic lasts.

Last edited by GreatNewsTonight; 05/09/20 07:32 PM.

veteran
veteran
good thing you mentioned it ... I was about to eat some batteries a la Trump

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Page 54 of 104 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard