WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 120 of 212 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 211 212
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by GreatNewsTonight
Jared Kushner is saying that the November 3rd elections will be postponed. The idiot doesn't know that it's done by Federal Law. Oh well, who knows what the Trump Crime Family will be able to do.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kushner-law-aside-doesnt-rule-121444216.html
This explains it nicely.

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/does-the-constitution-allow-for-a-delayed-presidential-election

What's interesting, the president's term is up at noon on the 20th of January 2021. If no one has qualified as president by that time, the Speaker of the House would serve as acting president until someone has qualified as president. The article explains fully. In this case, it very well could be the current Speaker Pelosi.

Regardless of all the scenarios provided, election or no election, Trump's and Pence's terms are up at noon, 20 Jan 2021. There's no way they could continue to serve.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
There's no way they could continue to serve.

There's no way the Supreme Court would protect Trump's tax returns either. Federal Law grants the House the right to carry out investigations and do not protect the president from them.
It appears the Supreme Court has just changed the law where it applies to Trump. Apparently NO laws apply to the current president.

If Donald Trump takes a notion to stay in office there are simply no laws that can stop him. There are no courts that can stop him.

Donald Trump, his family, his friends, and his business are fully above the law.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
G
G
Originally Posted by Greger
There's no way they could continue to serve.

There's no way the Supreme Court would protect Trump's tax returns either. Federal Law grants the House the right to carry out investigations and do not protect the president from them.
It appears the Supreme Court has just changed the law where it applies to Trump. Apparently NO laws apply to the current president.

If Donald Trump takes a notion to stay in office there are simply no laws that can stop him. There are no courts that can stop him.

Donald Trump, his family, his friends, and his business are fully above the law.

Yep, that's what the Bernie or Bust types unleashed on us (among other culprits). That's what happens when our courts get 280 judges and 2 justices (more to come) appointed by Trump. That's what the people who threw a tantrum and defected have created. I've been warning people about this since early 2016, and if you look at the string of lower and higher court decisions of late, you'll see the damage in full force.

But, you know, immature Millennials thought that it would be fun to throw a tantrum.

Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Right. Blame everybody but the Democrats. Son, it's the Democrats that lost the election. And they wanna blame non-democrats for their loss?

Elections are about turnout. Trump excited Republicans and they came out and voted in all the right places.

Hillary did not excite the democratic base or much of anybody else and she lost the election. Don't be pointing your finger at me and my friends because your horse lost the race.

Your horse might very well lose the race again and again you can blame everybody else for your party's failings at the polls.

And I will laugh.

G
G
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Right. Blame everybody but the Democrats. Son, it's the Democrats that lost the election. And they wanna blame non-democrats for their loss?

Elections are about turnout. Trump excited Republicans and they came out and voted in all the right places.

Hillary did not excite the democratic base or much of anybody else and she lost the election. Don't be pointing your finger at me and my friends because your horse lost the race.

Your horse might very well lose the race again and again you can blame everybody else for your party's failings at the polls.

And I will laugh.

My horse lost the race because you guys backed the wrong horse (among some other reasons, sure, but this reason was sufficient in itself).

All together we would have defeated Trump. You guys decided to throw a tantrum, so, now, don't complain of Trump. You guys lost that right because you brought it upon yourselves (and upon us all).

I didn't get your part about Democrats. What non-democrats am I blaming? That I know, your horse ran as a Democrat (twice; not that he didn't whine all the time about the very Democratic rules he signed on, when he asked the party to allow him to run as a Democrat).

Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Projected, who loses and who wins confessional seats after the 2020 census and reapportionment.

https://www.270towin.com/news/2019/...d-on-new-census-population-data_925.html

Interesting that California is projected to lose one seat while Texas gains 3 and Florida 2. This will be the first time since California became a state it would lose a seat. Montana gaining one is a mild surprise to me, but none of the others. Some earlier projections had New York losing two

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Interesting polling results here.

"New polls show trouble for Trump and Republicans in GOP strongholds"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/new-poll...licans-in-gop-strongholds-190547796.html

But the polling firms who took these aren't known for having the best reliable results.

Now I agree with the Arizona results, Biden does have a good lead there and Democratic Kelly is the favorite to win Arizona's senate seat currently held by McSally.

But other polls show Trump expanding his lead in Texas, Trump is slightly ahead in Georgia with the two senate seats leaning Republican. My advice here is to wait until more reliable polling firms either confirm or show different results.

Other polling firms have confirmed Arizona, but not Texas nor Georgia. FYI.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
My horse lost the race because you guys backed the wrong horse
I voted for Hillary. Backed her from start to finish. I don't care that much for Bernie. Point remains. If Democrats want to elect a Democrat they need to make that Democrat appealing enough that they get a majority of the votes.

When they don't, they always blame somebody else. Usually left leaning independents because we owe them our votes for some reason.

G
G
My horse lost the race because you guys backed the wrong horse
I voted for Hillary. Backed her from start to finish. I don't care that much for Bernie. Point remains. If Democrats want to elect a Democrat they need to make that Democrat appealing enough that they get a majority of the votes.

When they don't, they always blame somebody else. Usually left leaning independents because we owe them our votes for some reason.
Good for you. I mistakenly thought you were a Bernie fan.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Feck Bernie. He's one of us but the movement doesn't depend on him.

I'm a Liz Bro. For the same reason I love Hilary. She's a social democrat at heart but has never had the word attached to her. The primaries showed us that we still don't have the numbers to win at the polls, but we have enough influence to affect policy. I kind of like playing a stealth game.

Joe and Liz are talking. I'm over the moon. That would be one of the stealthiest moves in gamingpolitics EVER!

A built in and popular progressive candidate for 2024.

Page 120 of 212 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 211 212

Link Copied to Clipboard