WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 37 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37
G
G
Today was our anniversary. My amazing wife cooked a meal worthy of a Michelin-starred restaurant. It was simply delicious; professional chefs would have been envious.

Garden salad with herbs, from her hydroponic garden.
Maigret de canard with risotto alla piemontese and banana au gratin with crème fraîche (the dish is a sort of French/Italian combination of her own creation)
Condensed milk and dark chocolate-covered organic strawberries

The wine was an Argentinian Malbec called Tapiz, rated 94 by James Suckling.

I love this woman...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG

Breakfast for dinner:
  • Blueberry pancakes made from Bisquick

smile

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Wow! Canard = duck, for the less European. Looks fantastic. I've got some cherry tomato and butter lettuce seeds coming. Have not seen any way to buy lettuce and decontaminate it. I can do hydroponic or just grow them in enriched soil. I also have peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, string beans, and pea seeds coming. Grown them all before. I can do it again.

Had a very nice passionfruit vine a few years ago, until the gophers got it. We actually sold some to a packing house. Still have a few avocados and an orange tree. Neighbor lets us pick her unused avocados and cherimoya. That cherimoya is fantastic, though few Americans even know what it is.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
GNT: That's a lovely duck breast! I'm jealous because I can't get them around here and have to break down a whole bird if I want just the breast.

Texas style smoked brisket, grilled asparugus, fried gnochi.

Peach cobbler for dessert made from U-Pick peaches just up the road.

Years ago I lost/forgot the recipe for the cobbler I grew up with. I've tried dozens of recipes since then and have never been able to duplicate it. A litle while back, this came through my newsfeed...

This is it folks! What cobbler was meant to be!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
G
G
Originally Posted by Greger
GNT: That's a lovely duck breast! I'm jealous because I can't get them around here and have to break down a whole bird if I want just the breast.

Texas style smoked brisket, grilled asparugus, fried gnochi.

Years ago I lost/forgot the recipe for the cobbler I grew up with. I've tried dozens of recipes since then and have never been able to duplicate it. A litle while back, this came through my newsfeed...

Yes, that duck breast was just delicious and my wife got it just right, medium rare inside, and crispy and spicy outside.

This cobbler looks yummy!

Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
If you love duck let me tell you about something wonderful...

Rotisserie duck. Possibly the most rich and decadent fowl on the planet.

That cobbler ranks high on that scale too, I used French butter and soft winter wheat maybe a little past it's prime. But it's a depression era recipe.

Right now I've got some split pigs feet simmering with lots of onions and jalapenos and garlics and such in a rich bone broth I made a while back. It's turning into a vaguely Mexicanesque pork based French onion soup. I'll pick the meat from the feet and make little street tacos. Wish I had an avocado.

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

Our neighbor's peach tree, which "suffers" from benign neglect, hangs over the wall and it currently has what I estimate to be about twenty pounds of small peaches and I am having difficulty getting my wife and daughter excited about the prospect of peach pie and peach cobbler.

Maybe I should ask you to move in with me and put Karen and Bri down in Florida.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'd have them motherf*ckers off the tree and in the oven so fast your head would spin. Typically those little peaches are super sweet and juicy!
Other than pealing the peaches this recipe is fantastic even for the novice cook. Thin skinned peaches can just be cut up without even peeling them. It can be made from drained canned peaches too.

Jeffery I can guarantee you...if you make the cobbler they will come.
It smells fabulous while it bakes, the chewy crunchy top is what dreams are made of and the dough soaks up all the wonderful peachy goodness that will take you back to the sweetest peaches and sweetest spring times of your life.

Cobbler is properly served warm with Ice cream. It's great left over but once it's covered it loses the crunchy top. I can eat a whole one in three days.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'd have them motherf*ckers off the tree and in the oven so fast your head would spin. Typically those little peaches are super sweet and juicy!
Other than pealing the peaches this recipe is fantastic even for the novice cook. Thin skinned peaches can just be cut up without even peeling them. It can be made from drained canned peaches too.

Jeffery I can guarantee you...if you make the cobbler they will come.
It smells fabulous while it bakes, the chewy crunchy top is what dreams are made of and the dough soaks up all the wonderful peachy goodness that will take you back to the sweetest peaches and sweetest spring times of your life.

Cobbler is properly served warm with Ice cream. It's great left over but once it's covered it loses the crunchy top. I can eat a whole one in three days.

The only reason I know ANYTHING about raising peaches or picking them is because of my crazy ex.

Linda grew up on the family farm, which happened to include the largest and most productive peach orchard on the East Coast. (Pennsylvania bordering with Maryland) and they provided fruit for something like twelve different supermarket chains up and down the Eastern US.

The farm is still a productive farm today, but the crazy ex-wife passed away about four years ago.
These are Yellow Freestone peaches, which are common to the Western US even though they can be grown almost any place you can grow peaches.

I used the term "benign neglect" because the neighbor doesn't water the tree or otherwise do much of anything, but perhaps the only penalty is the size of the peaches because that also means these lovely gems are as organic as it gets and free of all pesticides.

I'm going to start picking them tomorrow smile

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
K
old hand
old hand
K
I really love her peaches wanna shake her tree......

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Page 9 of 37 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard