WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 126 of 212 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 211 212
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
"Can Trump cancel the November election?"

No he cannot. BUT....he doesn't need to. Remember how the Supreme Court appointed Gore? Essentially declared him the winner without finishing the re-count.

Trump is angling(in this particular conspiracy theory of mine) to have the results declared null and void due to inconsistencies and fraud involved in the mail in vote. Supreme Court will side with him as always and declare him the winner!

I don't really think he can pull it off but he'll try every dirty trick anybody can think of. And that's what his administration does. They sit around thinking up dirty tricks instead of governing.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Greger
WOW! Far as I know Trump has moved his residency to Florida from New York. He's a snowbird so it's no biggie most of 'em do it eventually.

Trump has used the absentee voting system in at least three elections: Trump voted by mail during New York’s mayoral election in 2017, cast an absentee ballot during the state’s midterm election the following year, and again used a vote-by-mail ballot in Florida’s primary election in 2020. (Snopes)

But I'm not sure I buy the bit about voting in Florida's primary...
Did we have a Republican primary? He can't vote in the Democratic one and the one for candidates other than president isn't until August.

You did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Florida_Republican_primary

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Well, son of a gun! Who even knew? I wonder who Trump voted for...?
Guess we'll never find out.

But that clears up any question of his residency. As far as him residing at his private club, I'm sure he'll get that part fixed. He's fairly influential these days.

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Greger
I'm not sure I buy the bit about voting in Florida's primary...
Did you read the 1993 Agreement that I linked? It's the actual agreement between Trump and the town of Palm Beach with Trump's signature on it.

The Agreement clearly states that Mara-largo is a Club and not a residence and the NO ONE can stay there for more than 7 days in a year.

Hmm

From what I read on the internet, most of the residence in Palm Beach don't like the interruption to their lives when Trump brings the whole kit and caboodle to town and it will be the same when he's out of office for a least a decade.

I'm sure the 1993 Agreement will try to be enforced by some locals who don't like the blatant vulgarian, the incessant prevaricator, the inept POTUS murderer named Donald J Trump.

smile

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I read it and he already stays there more than that. But like I said he wields a lot of influence in high places and small town politicians will be no match for him. He was just a millionaire playboy when he bought the place for cheap. But even then he managed to get air traffic from Palm Beach International re-routed so the noise wouldn't bother him. And that's only one of the stories about him bullying the locals.

I look for him to be the first president to dismiss his security team so once he's out of office the motorcades might only be two cars. With luck he'll go to jail in New York and die there.

journeyman
journeyman
Do not be to sure about that. Where Mar-A-Logo is located there are people who have the money to go toe-to-toe with President Donald (...) Trump*. Even if he is a real Billionaire, which is yet to be proven.

Remember, there was a real dust up over a flag pole for years, between President Donald (...) Trump* and the city of Palm Beach.

There is also the eternal hope of a Cat 5 stopping by for a day or two. That island ain't that wide...

*Impeached

Vote 2022!

Life is like a PB&J sandwich. The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
It aint very tall either. Mare and lago could easily meet in this era of superstorms.

Just saw someplace that Trumps estimated worth is a little over two billion. He owns feck tons of real estate.

I think Trump has a bungalow on the property and has wintered there for years. Year round golf and that's his passion. Donald Trump does what he damn well pleases. He'll send lawyers to court but generally ignores what the courts tell him. There may be a piece of paper somewhere that says a caretaker or others may live on the grounds.

He does what he wants when he wants and nobody pushes him around.

That's what his people love about him.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, where Trump comes across as a schoolyard bully to me. That is exactly what a lot of his supporters like. I view him with all his temper tantrums, his name calling and constantly creating needless feuds more like a four year old spoiled brat who's parents forgot to teach him any manners.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by perotista
Yeah, where Trump comes across as a schoolyard bully to me. That is exactly what a lot of his supporters like. I view him with all his temper tantrums, his name calling and constantly creating needless feuds more like a four year old spoiled brat who's parents forgot to teach him any manners.
Trump with all of his whiny complaints, his pouty demeanor, and his mean-girl tweets is nothing but a 74 year old child playing grown-up. Trump is a hero to a culture in which so many men are already trapped in perpetual adolescence. Trump likes to play tough, but starts crying about his victimization at the hands of liberal elites if they subject him to criticism of any kind.

Trump is a walking permission slip to his white male high school-educated base to shrug off the responsibilities of any kind. So much for personal responsibility Republican used crow about.

smile

CHB-OG
CHB-OG

...and speaking of mean-girl tweets, Trump’s ‘weaponized’ Twitter account is a window into his diseased mind. Seriously.

Hmm

Page 126 of 212 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 211 212

Link Copied to Clipboard