WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Jeffery J. Haas - 05/20/24 02:22 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,081,060 my own book page
5,017,077 We shall overcome
4,196,069 Campaign 2016
3,794,715 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,747 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 63 of 104 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 103 104
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I doubt ANY school is going to be able to keep their students from spreading the virus. The amount of isolation required is just not going to happen. Even health care workers with elaborate PPE still get it. Even if they have temperature checks. Even if they test every student every day upon arrival. Only 30% of victims ever have a fever and those that do often only have it for a single day. What if that day is Saturday or Sunday? Most kids are asymptomatic when they catch it, but still spreading. What happens when teachers get sick? When they run out of substitute teachers?

Anybody sending their kid to school is breaking their families isolation, badly. Adult family members will be in a lot more danger than the kids, and seniors who live with them in grave danger. More than anything else, this is Trump's "Everybody Catch It" plan.

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
Never forget - Americans don't always learn easily. This seems to be particularly true of covid-19 There seems to be a growing acceptance of wearing masks as youth continue to watch friends and families getting sick and many dying. Its only taken something like 130,000 deaths for that to happen. Now we are talking about sending children to school with all sorts of rules and regulations. Its pretty inspiring. Apparently all them for the opening are inferring that the schools have complete control of the children and that the children mind well. Yep inspiring! and, after raising a couple myself, also Stupid!

I expect them to start their learning with the first deaths of families, elders, etc. Then the children start getting infected and, after a bit, the parents start to learn that whilst their children's stint with Covid-19 was easy/peasy it also seems to have hung around and they are not done with it. There is also the scarred lungs. Parents will (those that survive) will get it after either their kids, or the neighbor's get it and they get to deal with it.

I blame a lot of our problems on social media, lies, stupidity, science hate, and an apparent inability to think. Its truly amazing! Children: first they just don't get covid-19, then there are a couple of reports so children still don't get it, they one really does get it and its under 10 years old so that means that only very young people get it and then children 10 to 20 are known to get it so 20 to 40's don't get it.

Now I might have those backwards but the point is that we seem to have a society who wants to, or does, believe that there are some that don't get it and they belong to groups and those groups don't get it and that's just the way it is. The fact seems to be that ANYBODY/EVERYBODY can get it and NOBODY is exempt (except for that wonder Donald Trump, apparently)

Our problem (after all that blather) is that we just don't seem to learn easily.........

L
veteran
veteran
L
Official CDC Covid-19 behavior guidance chart:

[Linked Image from imgs.xkcd.com]

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
CHB-OG
CHB-OG

17% re-infection rate. Herd immunity not working for everybody.

Hmm

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
A few nice papers released today: One on Vitamin D, but a more interesting one on T-cell immunity to corona viruses. The researchers looked at T-cell activation (a form of immunity) in people who had SARS-COV1, people who had SARS-COV2, and people who had no exposure to either one.

1) People who were exposed and recovered from SARS-COV1 STILL had t-cell activation! That's 17 years! Hooray!

2) People who had SARS-COV2 and recovered all had T-cell activation, even though their antibody levels had faded.

3) Some people with no exposure had t-cell activation to SARS-COV2. They hypothesized that was because their T-cells were activated by one of the other four corona viruses that circulate as common colds. They looked at the RNA sequence for various corona virus proteins the T-cells reacted against and found a huge amount of commonality among all seven known corona viruses. (The three bad ones and the four innocuous ones.)

So my hypothesis about kids being mostly immune because they had colds in the past, has some real science behind it now. (And before you throw cold water on the 17 year immunity, their test was against unique SARS-COV1 proteins.)

Nice interview on Youtube: Dr. Bean with Dr. Pauld Marick. (inventer of the MATH+ Protocol.) Very informative. He explained that hydroxychloroquine is completely taken up by the red blood cells and then leaked very slowly back into the plasma. It takes a very long time to get your plasma level up, which is why it's only useful if you take it at the very first sign of the infection. He also said that most of the HCQ studies so far seemed to be designed to make sure it didn't work or to actually kill patients! You don't hear the head of a service at a major medical school say that very often.

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Nice interview on Youtube: Dr. Bean with Dr. Pauld Marick. (inventer of the MATH+ Protocol.) Very informative. He explained that hydroxychloroquine is completely taken up by the red blood cells and then leaked very slowly back into the plasma. It takes a very long time to get your plasma level up, which is why it's only useful if you take it at the very first sign of the infection. He also said that most of the HCQ studies so far seemed to be designed to make sure it didn't work or to actually kill patients! You don't hear the head of a service at a major medical school say that very often.
So Trump was right after all? Hmm , crazy

Contrarian, extraordinaire

L
veteran
veteran
L
New scientific evidence proves Kayleigh “Karen” McEnany is a Japanese ‘lying sex toy robot’, model xxx69 modified with the smoke-up-the-ass blowing attachment (not sold in stores):

Here is the model xxx69 gaslighting on how science shows that science shouldn’t “stand in the way” of using schools as a new super-spreader vector for The Covid. It’s incredible watching such a sophisticated robot in action!

Science and schools

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
veteran
veteran
He also said that most of the HCQ studies so far seemed to be designed to make sure it didn't work or to actually kill patients!
A new Minnesota study reported on early use of HCQ as Navarro suggested (and I suppose Marik believes) and found no statistical benefit.

I would think this is a favorite intro for conspiracy theorists i.e. the study was self defeating or forces beyond the pale do not want success or maybe Soros hacks the studies and edits.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I read that paper over a month ago, and the word "zinc" was never used once in it. It also had some major defects in that everything was self-reported via the internet and VERY few of the participants ever had confirmed PCR tests. I also read their second paper in which they do use the word zinc, but they present no data about zinc usage and did not supply participants with any zinc supplements. They ended up with one death in the HCQ arm and two deaths in the placebo arm from non-Covid 19 causes. So the study was very weak statistically.

Dr. Marik (and others) have always claimed zinc is the thing that prevents virus replication. HCQ is just the vehicle that gets it into the cells, where the virus is replicating. We already have plenty of studies that showed HCQ late and HCQ early without zinc does nothing. We do have one retrospective study of cases where a significant number of patients did receive HCQ early with zinc, and they showed a 50% reduction in mortality over patients who received treatment late or without zinc.

So probably Trump was actually right. Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then!

But it also looks like viral replication is not the thing that kills people. It's the cytokine storm causing micro-clots to clog all the organ capillaries. The first visible symptom of this is hypoxia. The lung airways are open and functional, but the capillaries are getting clogged so less oxygen exchange can occur. But the clots are not limited to the lungs. Any venous clotting ends up in the lungs, so it predominates, but it can also occur in any artery and then clog up capillaries in the brain, kidneys, liver, toes, etc. Clogging leads to tissue death and that translates to organ failure or stroke. Not good things.

Blocking viral replication could be a good thing because it might reduce cytokine storm, but individual response to the virus antigens varies widely. Just like allergies. Probably the patient's Vitamin D level has more effect on cytokine storm than any antiviral drug.

veteran
veteran
Containing 97.5% zinc, all those 1 cent coins I am eating are doing the trick. I do not have The Corona.

I have to wonder what the WHO studies concluded and how they were run. Are medical scientists too stupid to include obvious variables i.e. we are at the mercy of gross stupidity and ignorance?

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Page 63 of 104 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard