WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 139 of 212 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 211 212
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by perotista
Hillary never lead by 20 points. Her biggest lead was by 7.1 points on 18 Oct...
James Comey's letter to Congress was October 28, 2016. Coincidence? I think not. Hmm

I've always been of the opinion that the e-mail scandal was already baked in. Although I wouldn't rule it out. Hillary's 7.1 point lead had already begun to fall prior to the letters release had already fallen to 3.9 on the 28th of October. The trend was already favoring Trump.

It's interesting that on the 28th you still had 12% of the electorate either undecided or saying they were going to vote third party, Johnson and or Stein. that was 7% saying voting third party, 5% still undecided. So it's possible it did influence that small portion what was still undecided. There's not enough information available to either confirm that or to deny it.

I have some national figures about those who made up their minds in the last week, but they're basically useless since the election was decided in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan. Nationally it was 43% Clinton, 43% Trump 14% third party or no answer.

In my state data, Wisconsin only has for the last month, useless for figuring out the last week or since 28 Oct. Pennsylvania has a bunch of N/A's for the last week and Michigan is the lone exception. Those voters who made up their minds in the last week in Michigan went to Trump 50-39 over Clinton with the rest voting third party.

Bottom line, there isn't enough hard evidence or numbers available to either confirm or deny the effect of Comey's letter. Trump could have lost Michigan and still won in the electoral college, so Michigan is useless. The big state is Pennsylvania with all its N/A's. If you go by the existing Trend and the national numbers, one would have to say no. If one goes by Michigan, then the answer is yes. So it's an unknown factor either way or no factor at all. I can't help you.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
veteran
veteran
If I were a democrat, I'd be feeling pretty good right about now.
I haven't been a Democrat for 50 years and I am still uneasy.

The numbers don't characterize the psychological nature and proclivities of Mr Trump. He is a narcissist. He has already for a second time in as many elections stated he will wait and see how he will act on the results. Narcissists see themselves as winners in a delusion of their own making. He is in a position to make that happen. In recent report of possible election scenarios where Mr Trump refuses to leave the WH, it is clear he is a danger to democracy.

We have always depended on people doing the right thing and voluntarily stepping down when the results were in. But this person has no inkling what the right thing is, unless it coincides with his delusion. Democrat pundits keep talking about blowouts. I don't think it matters what the results are if Mr Trump refuses to leave the W. What are you and any group of people or the courts or Congress going to do .... use harsh language to force him to leave?

If he physically barricades himself in the WH, surrounded by a cadre of loyal military personnel, who will physically remove him. If anyone tries it could be and may well be a coup. Mr Trump is not trustworthy to do the right thing and I think every citizen in America should be worried and concerned of the possibility.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
I've always been of the opinion that the e-mail scandal was already baked in. Although I wouldn't rule it out. Hillary's 7.1 point lead had already begun to fall prior to the letters release had already fallen to 3.9 on the 28th of October. The trend was already favoring Trump.

It's interesting that on the 28th you still had 12% of the electorate either undecided or saying they were going to vote third party, Johnson and or Stein. that was 7% saying voting third party, 5% still undecided. So it's possible it did influence that small portion what was still undecided. There's not enough information available to either confirm that or to deny it.

I have some national figures about those who made up their minds in the last week, but they're basically useless since the election was decided in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan. Nationally it was 43% Clinton, 43% Trump 14% third party or no answer.

In my state data, Wisconsin only has for the last month, useless for figuring out the last week or since 28 Oct. Pennsylvania has a bunch of N/A's for the last week and Michigan is the lone exception. Those voters who made up their minds in the last week in Michigan went to Trump 50-39 over Clinton with the rest voting third party.

Bottom line, there isn't enough hard evidence or numbers available to either confirm or deny the effect of Comey's letter. Trump could have lost Michigan and still won in the electoral college, so Michigan is useless. The big state is Pennsylvania with all its N/A's. If you go by the existing Trend and the national numbers, one would have to say no. If one goes by Michigan, then the answer is yes. So it's an unknown factor either way or no factor at all. I can't help you.
The emails were released in July/August in 2016. The James Comey incident to which I am referring is the 'reopening' of the investigation announcement just 7 days prior the election. THAT action by James Comey that close to the election had a negative effect her ability to be elected POTUS.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by pdx rick

The emails were released in July/August in 2016. The James Comey incident to which I am referring is the 'reopening' of the investigation announcement just 7 days prior the election. THAT action by James Comey that close to the election had a negative effect her ability to be elected POTUS.
That's why I gave you pre-28 Oct numbers vs. Post 28 Oct numbers. That's why I concentrated on the last week of the election and not any period prior. Perhaps you should reread my post. Trump had already narrowed a 7 point deficit down to 4, within a tenth or two tenth's of a point by 28 Oct. The trend since 14 Oct and preceding 28 Oct was going Trump's way. He knocked 3 points off Hillary's lead during that two week time frame, 14-28 Oct.

Regardless, there's no numbers available that can prove his reopening on 28 Oct influence or didn't influence any voters. I think the e-mail thing was already baked in, you don't. Fine. No big thing. But I did try to find the data to prove it one way or the other, that data just doesn't exist as I stated in my previous post.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
James Comey's letter to Congress was October 28, 2016. Coincidence? I think not.

I remember feeling my heart sink when that hit my newsfeed.

Like someone walking on my grave.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Greger
James Comey's letter to Congress was October 28, 2016. Coincidence? I think not.

I remember feeling my heart sink when that hit my newsfeed.

Like someone walking on my grave.
Yup, me too. Hmm

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Regardless, there's no numbers available that can prove his reopening on 28 Oct influence or didn't influence any voters.
Observation and common sense with the ability to analyze cause and effect will suffice.

smile

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
There were a lot of factors involved in Hillary's loss that should have been a blowout.

But Comey's announcement was a biggie. The emails were baked in as you say, Pero, but some who had grudgingly decided to ignore them changed their minds when the FBI publicly announced that new information had come to light and that it was re-opening investigations. Such an announcement generally precedes the arrest and convictions of the parties involved.

And many who might have voted for her did not. Because back then being investigated by the FBI was a serious thing. If the Feds were called in then you knew some serious sh*t was about to come down.

The FBI didn't publicize or talk about investigations back then unless it was a sure thing. Comey's announcement was as devastating as a judge's decision in court. She was guilty.

And Donald Trump promised to get rid of that kind of corruption. To drain the swamp of the elites and the corrupt financiers and their lobbyists. To make America great again.

And here we are.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Comey knew what he was doing too. He wasn't a newcomer to the game.

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
As far as I can tell the electoral college makes or breaks the deal for the candidates. Hillary was advised, by the Democratic guys who claim to know, to ignore states like Michigan because they were owned by the Dems. They hopefully learned better this time around. Then there is this: https://news.yahoo.com/biden-campaign-suppressing-hispanic-vote-180950158.html Seems the idiots may still be in charge making bad decisions?

I keep wondering - what in the hell are the Democrats doing?

Page 139 of 212 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 211 212

Link Copied to Clipboard