WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Jeffery J. Haas - 05/20/24 02:30 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 4 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,081,060 my own book page
5,017,077 We shall overcome
4,196,069 Campaign 2016
3,794,715 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,747 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,789
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 75 of 104 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 103 104
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
One continues to wonder!
I'm wondering about the hairdresser/biker/mayor...

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Greger
One continues to wonder!
I'm wondering about the hairdresser/biker/mayor...
That ol' butch queen? coffee

Contrarian, extraordinaire

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
Obviously a lunatic of many talents. Oh, and a free thinker too!

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
This is pretty worrying and VERY under-reported:
Covid-19 Heart Damage in Young Athletes

The researchers performed cardiac magnetic resonance imaging on 26 competitive athletes referred to the [Ohio State University's] sports medicine clinic after testing for Covid-19 between June and August. The athletes were involved in football, soccer, lacrosse, basketball and track -- and none had illness severe enough to require hospitalization.
Only 12 athletes reported having mild symptoms, such as sore throat, shortness of breath or fever, while others did not show any symptoms, according to the study.
The cardiac imaging was performed after each athlete quarantined for at least 11 days.
The imaging showed that four athletes, or 15%, had findings consistent with myocarditis and eight additional athletes, or 30.8%, had signs of prior myocardial injury. It's unclear from this study if this inflammation will resolve itself or produce lasting damage.

These were all young college student athletes in excellent health before suffering asymptomatic or mild cases of Covid-19. 15% of the total scanned had myocarditis and 30.8 % showed signs of prior heart injury. That's almost 46% of young people who have now had injury to their future athletic endeavors.

Humans are over-engineered so to speak, for everyday activities. We are the species that can run down any prey until it is exhausted, even if it takes days. So our lungs and hearts still make us able to run marathons and such. Usually, the only time we call on that reserve capacity is in athletic events. But sustaining this kind of injury at an early age does not bode well for heart and lung problems when we get older.

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
Its kinda interesting. I just googled "long haulers" and its moved up in interest quite a lot. I have a check on what's happening by doing searches that have been posted in the last 24 hours and "long haulers" is now one of the winners.

Now hospitals are starting to setup clinics for them. New York has been opening new clinics to help them for over a month. Everybody is saying that nobody really knows how long long haulers are going to be dealing with the results of infection. Lung and heart problems are probably forever. I am not surprised about the college athletes and have fully expected that some professional athletes will not be professional after infection as well. My own thought is that "long haulers" is an appropriate term to use as their problems are going to be life long lasting and its going to effect our healthcare system, and whatever the politicians come up in the future, big time as we are talking about millions with covid-19 problems after they had it and survived.

I just keep on wondering about the Trump true believers and how many of them are going to have to get infected, and either die or have misery results for the rest of their lives before they can actually bring themselves to say, right out loud, that Covid-19 is NOT a hoax. Until that time we are going to have to live with it as they will just keep infecting each other, and others, I guess, to make some kind of point?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
On the bright side...they seldom mingle with liberals or people of color, so mostly they'll keep it among themselves.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
There is a very good YouTube post from DrBeen interviewing Paul Marik, the doctor behind the MATH+ protocol and major figure in sepsis therapy. It has a lot of information I have been posting about for a long time, about the "natural history" so to speak of Covid-19. How it's really two different diseases, that each needs to be treated differently. Timing is critical: Give antivirals too late and they do nothing or harm the patient. Give steroids too early, and they make the viral infection last longer. Give steroids too late, or the wrong steroids, or stop them too soon, and some people turn into long-haulers.

He has some advice for long-haulers about how to treat their unregulated immune systems, and how to avoid it to begin with. It would be nice if every doctor treating Covid-19 would watch this video. He has real data to back up everything he has to say.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Interesting new information: Somebody asked Dr. Fauci how much Vitamin D3 he is taking every day. He replied "6000 iu per day", which is actually higher than I have been recommending. The USRDA is 600 iu per day, but is just enough to prevent rickets, which ignores the last 20 years of research that shows Vitamin D interacts with every immune system cell.

New paper in the New England Journal of Medicine that suggests universal mask wearing as a form of variolation. This comes from the centuries-old practice of inoculating people with just a bit of smallpox pus, so they get a mild or asymptomatic case and immunity. Not something anybody would do on purpose with SARS-COV2, but since you have to go food shopping, or to an essential job, you might as well give it a try by wearing a mask all the time when out.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Some have suggested we can end vaccine trials early because of good results:

Efficacy is not the real issue: Most of the vaccines will probably work, because they are based on the spike protein with the RNA sequence published by the Chinese. The real issue is safety. Once people are immunized, how will their immune system react to another exposure? In the case of the toxic shock tampon staph bacteria, menstruating women gained natural immunity during one period and then the next month their immune systems went completely haywire. Most of them developed an autoimmune disease like lupus or MS.

So far two people in the Oxford trial have developed a spinal symptom that is often a part of MS. What happens months later when the vaccinated people are exposed again? This is why Phase III trials take a long time. If you stop it based only on efficacy, you can miss long-term safety problems. It would be horrible if we end up with 30,000 people who are doomed to lupus or MS upon later virus exposure.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Interesting article published in Lancet: Vitamin D for COVID-19: a case to answer?

Discusses the merits of Vitamin D as a tool against Covid-19. Then near the end they call for random blind trials giving 400 - 1000 iu of Vitamin D to the drug arm and none to the control arm. That level of intake will raise most people's 25-hydroxy D blood level by 4 to 10 ng/ml. 30 ng/ml is considered "sufficient" and 40-50 ng/ml is recommended by the American Endocrine Society.

Those trial are certain to "prove" Vitamin D does not protect people from Covid-19, because that low a level of Vitamin D protects nobody from anything but rickets. I don't know what's wrong with these authors. This is like giving 1/10th the usual dose of dexamethasone to people and then saying it doesn't help. And I don't know why Lancet would publish it.

The one random blind Vitamin D drug trial we have that showed it was 25 TIMES as good at keeping patients from needing the ICU used the much higher dose of Vitamin D. A dose that would give most people about the same blood levels as 5000 iu/day.

I have seen this same problem in trial after trial: RECOVERY in the UK gave patients toxic overdoses of hydroxychloroquine, and then stopped the trial because it was harming them. Same thing for a trial in Brazil. Heart problems because they were using something like a 20 fold overdose of chloroquine.

Can all of these researchers not read the literature and do simple math?

Page 75 of 104 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard