WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 171 of 212 1 2 169 170 171 172 173 211 212
veteran
veteran
well sorta

These guys are too dumb to be elected officials or maybe that is the way it is supposed to be. Sen's Johnson, Grassley, and Graham appear to be believe until it is in a report, it is a well hidden secret. Maybe you should sell these clowns a clue .... everyone already knows what the reports will say (including the Durham report), so that doesn;t make them a surprise ... unless of course you are a Republican, then like the proverbial goose, they wake up in a new world every morning.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

veteran
veteran
the half full glass would be appropriate if Mr Trump were a rational person .... and that is where the rest of your post becomes irrelevant. You have assumed he would do the right thing ... well ... because that is what every previous president did. Seems like you are in denial regarding Mr Trump's personality disorder. He is a narcissist. All bets are off.

To really analyze what speculatively may happen .... put yourself in a narcissists shoes ... if you can't do that (I know it's hard) then read Mary Trump's book .... read the many articles written by psychiatrists about Mr Trump's personality. It is way beyond debate ... he is a narcissist. This is not the same as "he has a big ego", he has a mental disorder. He is compelled to lie to maintain his delusion he is the greatest person who ever lived. He knows more than generals, doctors, scientists, etc.

Ask yourself how a person who believes he is the greatest president to ever live .... a person who believes he may be a gift from God ... a person who only thinks of himself could ever admit defeat ... to admit he is second best .... substandard .... worthless .... etc. If his advisors told him he had to go, he may have them all shot as part of a deep state coup.

It appears in a report the military have considered the possibility he loses and then issues illegal orders.

If you are not prepared, you will forced to play "The World Turned Upside Down" and perhaps be forced to suffer 4 more years.

ignorance is the enemy

veteran
veteran
and you believe that 4 years of preparation by Mr Trump was for show?????

Suppose on Nov 3 (or in the following days) we learn VP Biden won. You know Mr Trump is out ... I know it .... but does Mr Trump know it? Mr Trump may ( and I can only speculate based on his personality disorder) not accept that reality as his own. He has told his supporters the only way the Democrats could win is if they cheat. If I were a narcissist I would start the machinery already in place to maintain the delusion. He would send AG Barr into action .... he would call on Republican states to disqualify the votes as fraudulent ... he would call on the courts to support him. So by Jan 6 there may not even be an electoral college vote. VP Biden can't inaugurate himself (unless he thinks he's Napoleon) and we would still have the current occupant remaining in the WH. My use of the words is a metaphor for the fountain of power from whence Mr Trump will claim the office.

I am perplexed when people do not see this as a real possibility. Check the video of Mr Trump pushing aside Montenegro PM. Why would anyone think he would go willingly or quietly????

ignorance is the enemy

veteran
veteran
LOL

Have you ever been to the circus? Mr Trump is the consummate ringmaster. He could make the dumb ignorant citizenry (and this is not limited to Trump supporters) believe the elephant dung they are eating is wagyu steak.

On Nov 1, Mr Trump will you believing he invented November the 1st.

ignorance is the enemy

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
This is, I think, the Trump October Surprise.
It's not October! Is there something y'all are missing about October surprises? They happen in October and they cannot be easily predicted.

Thus they have earned their name.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I expect all sorts of fireworks come November. I expect Trump will deny that he lost, that he will try to discredit the election. I expect he will not attend the inauguration and will claim his crowd was bigger.

But I also expect that, despite all that, he will be defeated and he will vacate the White House.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
L
veteran
veteran
L
Sounds about right.

Trump knows he's losing and is getting ever more desperate. I don't think he has the balls or the backing to push the election results too far.

But he is facing a lot of litigation as private citizen Trump.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
veteran
veteran
It is unknown when Sen Johnson will publish his Senate report but should be soon ... maybe first week of October. In it he will claim VP Biden is unfit to be president because of Ukrainian corruption .... or at least that is what he is already saying.

So that will be first up of the Senate reports.

When Sen Johnson was asked if he relied on any Russian propaganda, especially from Derkach, he responded by saying no. He relied only on FBI materials. The interviewer failed to ask if any of that material included files from Derkach. Derkach claimed he had been in contact with Republican senators.

ignorance is the enemy

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I suspect when everybody knows he's lost, he will have a psychotic break and be drugged into docility. He'll probably be shipped off to some very private sanitarium "to recover from a health problem". I just can't see him taking part in a transition of power. Maybe Pence even gets put in command. There are just too many people in the Secret Service who want the US to remain a Constitutional Republic instead of a South American Dictatorship. Trump may have his fans there, but mostly these are educated professionals sworn to uphold the Constitution. No Governor will claim his state's voting was rigged, mainly because the Republican Governors are from Red states where Trump is likely to win! They might claim some other state's voting was rigged, but they have no power to affect the process in other states.

Voting in America is actually very transparent: You can count the precinct tallies and see that they add up to the state totals. States have their own rules about winner-take-all or proportionate electoral votes, and those would have to have been changed by the state assembly long ago.

If you want to rig elections it's way easier to manipulate voters' opinions, and suppress voting.

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
The October surprise is being set up, right now. In October you can be sure that they will en announce the results of an investigation that has been going on for quite some time. One person, in the investigator's office has now quit because of the impending investigation results are scheduled to be close to election time.

I don't think its gonna work due to all the early voting that will have already taken place. All the talking heads are pretty much in agreement. There are not very many voters who have not already made up their minds and will probably vote as early as they can.

Page 171 of 212 1 2 169 170 171 172 173 211 212

Link Copied to Clipboard