WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 192 of 212 1 2 190 191 192 193 194 211 212
veteran
veteran
The addled Biden ... will not solve the current and enormous problems.

The addled Biden does not have to develop a solution for our problems all by himself. He has to find excellent advisors who CAN create and design possible solutions which would solve our problems. All the addled Biden has to do is make the decision to implement what he believes or his advisors believe is the best solution.

While an occupant of the WH has a set of personal beliefs which guide him, his primary function in our government is to make those hard decisions at 9AM or 2PM or 3AM.

Mr Trump has been feckless depending on FOX news commentators for his information. Let;s hops if VP Biden is elected he would select a better, higher quality coterie of people more interested in America than themselves.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

veteran
veteran
Biden will win because he's seen as a candidate who will not force folks out of their comfort zone.
Could be the converse argument for why Mr Trump won .... he allowed his supporters to be emboldened in their lost, mostly aggrieved comfort zone.

ignorance is the enemy

veteran
veteran
Just read 538;s prediction/polling.

I see a stone carver has entered the room with tools in hand. I see no affect on his face.

I may have to wait for Brünnhilde to announce the winner!!!

ignorance is the enemy

C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
What, in this garbage barge of a human's political record, makes you think Biden would implement any of the imbalances he personally helped create. He's a product of the finance industry. That's only going one way, IMO.

I assume your down with who he's stocking his pond with should he win? Who in that roster are you feeling good about? The rhetoric doesn't match the observable reality with Biden so the reality distortion field gets cranked up to 10. The rationalizations of the failure of the liberal class to halt the slow decline of our political economy can never be observed by them.

Unless he goes thru radical transformation, I view him as a place holder for something more radical. Harris maybe or a Tom Cotton type.

It was interesting watching Trump run a campaign in 2016 to the left of the Democrats in many ways. If he had repeated that against Biden I believe he would be in a much more secure position than today. Liberal media and the security state got in his head as well as his own dumb loud racist rich guy antics.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 10/20/20 02:45 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
The majority of the people have to be ready to accept the solution to a problem proposed. Truman was the first to to propose Medicare on 5 Jan 1949. The people nor congress was ready for it then. JFK tried to get Medicare passed in 1962 and again in 1963, failed. It wasn't until 1965 that the public and congress was ready for it.

That is a span of 15 years. But it was accomplished.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
You cant throw out dates, like poll numbers, to describe the circumstances without having the context that surrounds theose dates no?

Yeah, bill got passed on this date so subtracting that number from this one tells me how long it takes to pass a bill and we can draw a conclusion from that about the possibilities of today?

How much was the cost of healthcare then vs. now? How much personal debt was being handled? How was the wealth generated from the economy being shared?

Today's circumstances are today's and can't see how you can parallel an arbitrary time line of a bill's passage from the past to ascribe a future potential bills passage. If you want to limit the notion of what's possible or what's occurring to people presently then it may be used as a feint, I suppose. I'm not saying your doing that, Perosita, only that I've seen both political factions use this 'comparative' reasoning.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 10/20/20 03:30 PM.
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Also... Thery got the largest transfer of wealth passed this year where most of the benefits accrued to the top filers in lickity split time. I guess a white collar robbery ought to be done quickly with a get in get out mentality whereas provisioning citizens with healthcare at least during a global pandemic, if only temporarily as most every other country has done, should be slow walked for a few more decades for the benefit of....?

Same people we just showered 5 trillion dollars on would be my guess.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 10/20/20 03:35 PM.
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Would you please share with us any example of you, PIA, suffering under autocratic rule?

My mother is dead from Covid-19: I blame Trump's criminal use of a public health crisis as a tool for reelection, rather than as something the President of the United States needs to deal with responsibly. The Obama administration stopped NIH funding of the "gain of function" research at the Wuhan Virology lab, because they thought it was too dangerous. Trump turned the NIH grant back on because anything Obama did must be wrong.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
If there has been lawlessness what was it that is distinct from previous Dem administrations?

Almost everything Trump has done. Lawsuits against his arbitrary actions keep being upheld by the courts. This has been very rare in previous administrations.

There was lawlessness within the DNC during both primaries but I never heard a peep from Liberals. Wassup with that?

Debatable: You are calling actions "crimes" just because you didn't like them. Nobody was ever charged with any crime, because there weren't any.

Obama killed U.S. citizens without trial
Yes, Americans engaged in treason who had taken up arms against America. When you are a member of an army fighting the US, you are an enemy combatant. It is perfectly reasonable for US forces to kill you.

C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
My condolences to your family for the loss of your mother PIA. While I work to keep my mom safe, keeping her out of the grocery stores and running her errands, I fear I could bring it to her doorstep myself or have it slip in some other way.

But here's the rub. What's the difference between losing a loved one due to country club incompetence or the inability to afford the worlds highest healthcare costs due to political venality and free market fleecing?

While you hate Trumps inability to grapple in any effective way with a public health crises, being to distracted with his own narcissism and a white house staffed with multi level marketing grifters hoping to steal anything that's not nailed down, what do you think people who've lost loved ones due to medical treatment costs must feel to the liberals worship of free market ideology distributing healthcare?

According to latest studies, apx. 45K deaths/ year are due to unaffordability. It's no mystery who benefits from this arrangement with campaign donations. Your boy Biden's done well here. He's taken money from AHIP which fights against any meaningful public healthcare. So while you've taken a devastating personal hit I wonder at your support of an existing market system that kills 45K annually and a candidate who's is committed to that system.

Page 192 of 212 1 2 190 191 192 193 194 211 212

Link Copied to Clipboard