WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 200 of 212 1 2 198 199 200 201 202 211 212
veteran
veteran
There is some evidence independents are not voting. So despite the polls which say the independents lean to Biden, doesn't matter where you "lean" if you don't vote.

<=== still not convinced

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

CHB-OG
CHB-OG

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Have a look inside the deeply disturbed mind of a MAGAt

Oh, no. That's a place I don't go. I don't understand it, I don't approve of it, and I want it to go away. Tuesday the entire house of cards is going to crumble. It's going to be snuffed out like a candle.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
veteran
veteran
don't be so quick to dismiss the Trump phenomenon.

The rabid Trump supporters we all see in news pics and interviews were and remain the base of the Republican party. There is no reason to suspect or believe that all the qualities which make up that base will disappear overnight should the current occupant of the WH be removed by whatever means. These folks are here t stay for a long time.

Their power may be diminished but their presence will continue to be felt by Republican office holders for many years.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Independents certainly don't show up at the polls in the same percentages of Democrats and Republicans. It's like a horse race with the Democrats and Republicans owning the horses running, independents only come to bet on the horses if they feel like it. Their stake in the race is a lot less than the owners of the horses. My analogy of it anyway.

From 2016 Democrats made up 31% of the electorate, but made up 36% of those who actually voted. Republicans made up 27% of the electorate, but 33% of those who actually voted. Independents made up 40% of the electorate, but just 31% of those who voted. History shows Republicans and Democrats are over represented among those who get out and vote, independents way under represented. But it's independents own fault. Then again, since most of them had no say in who the nominees would be, their stake is less. They're being asked to bet or choose between two candidates they didn't have a voice in choosing, a Fait Accompli. Perhaps one could say their attachment to the two candidates is purely as a spectator, some a fan of the sport, some not. Very different than being the owner of the team or a player on the team.

The numbers from 2016 are pretty much average for previous elections, Republicans and Democrats made up 58% of the electorate, but 69% of those who actually voted. Independents 40%, but as I stated, just 31% of those who voted.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by rporter314
...The rabid Trump supporters we all see in news pics and interviews were and remain the base of the Republican party. There is no reason to suspect or believe that all the qualities which make up that base will disappear overnight should the current occupant of the WH be removed by whatever means. These folks are here t stay for a long time.
Indeed. Those folks will never "recover" from mental illness, they'll just have to learn how to live and cope and manager their mental illness.

smile

Contrarian, extraordinaire

C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Uhmmm....

Hope Never Dies

Is there a difference?....

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
Couple of things. I too am happy with the care at the
VA and was not implying that it was bad. I have really never had a problem with them and I have been going there for a very long time. What I was talking about is that it is getting really screwed up. I also have medicare and try to have all doctor charges to to that. If the VA gets involved its a total and complete mess for the VA and the local doctors. Same with medications. I have choices. I have a local skin doctor and I could drive to Seattle (about 4 hours). I goto the local doctor. He prescribes for me and then sends it to the VA. The starting gun is that the VA is not sure what to do with it. The trick is finding the right person, not always easy. If you talk to your friends they will probably tell you stories as well.

Getting into the system just takes time. I have another friend who never signed up with the VA, until recently. Because, I think, there was a time when you needed to have a disability but, now, if you served you can join up. Just figure it will take a minimum of about 6 months but its always been that way. Just hunker down and you will get there.

I am a little confused about a wait list. My grandson was serving when he died. They spent, literally, millions trying to keep him alive but couldn't. He didn't have to wait for anything and they sent him to the best doctors they could find. He did have interesting times. One time he came home after getting blowed up and he was carrying a bag of some of the stuff they pulled out of him. The TSA wouldn't let him keep that stuff because it wasn't right and took it away before he could board the plane. You know, little irritants just to prove they were A-holes. Another time he got blowed up and, amongst other offenses, he had a hole through his hand about 2 inches round. They put on a bandage, and back on the line in two days. (he always had interesting things to report)

Again, if you served and have no disability, you can still join up. It just takes time and patience but its really worth it as you get older and need prescriptions filled and are not rich. I never had a problem. I went to the VA one day, years ago, and asked them what I had to do. They took my information and asked me to wait. In about 20 minutes they came back and told me I was already signed up! I have never understood how that even happened and was just grateful.

Oh, once you are in its always been dandy. they put an office, with, I think, several nurses (not sure if there is a doctor there or not) but they are handy, always nice, and easy to talk to.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks, I probably misunderstood or misread.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Welp, tomorrows the big game. One wonders if Trump will do in the general what the Dems did in Iowa. It would have a certain ironic continuity to the year, as it’s gone so far.

Good luck everybody!

Page 200 of 212 1 2 198 199 200 201 202 211 212

Link Copied to Clipboard