WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Jeffery J. Haas - 05/20/24 02:30 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 4 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,081,060 my own book page
5,017,077 We shall overcome
4,196,069 Campaign 2016
3,794,715 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,747 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,789
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 79 of 104 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 103 104
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Seems he was pretty good pals with Jeffrey Epstein, until that became a liability. He's still sending Jeffrey's procuress Giselle Maxwell his best wishes.

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
I just came on this one: https://www.snopes.com/ap/2020/11/18/fda-allows-1st-rapid-virus-test-that-gives-results-at-home/

It is NOT Dr Mina's home test for a buck but something considerably more complex but, still, a home test. It seems that if its cheap its not good and so they come up with others that are not cheap and not as easy. All that being said this one has reagents, a fluids, and vessels, and takes a half an hour to give its results. I wonder if it also has little lights that blink.

I am starting to wonder what Dr. Mina did to Trump to assure that he would never be allowed to produce his test and sell it.

(I fear I am growing a bit paranoid)

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
Last night I heard that the FDA is going to start allowing ALL home tests to be offered. We will see?

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
That's a $50 home test, which simply insures that most people will not use it frequently. The key aspect of the test Dr. Mina was promoting is it's so cheap that it could be a daily requirement for attending schools or office work.

The other key is that it would be just sensitive enough that it would tell you if you were contagious that day. So it mostly eliminates spread, while minimizing the time somebody has to quarantine. The FDA is fixated on only authorizing tests that say you might be contagious in a couple of days, and that you are no longer contagious but are coughing up dead virus fragments for a couple of weeks. PCR tests are not useful for public health monitoring because they ignore how this virus spreads.

Of course, the FDA and NIH are so negligent, it's killing thousands of people every day: All they tell doctors is they can treat patients with remdesivir, but only for really sick patients when it's almost totally useless. (It might work as early as possible after exposure, but that is too expensive!) They also ignore a mountain of evidence about Vitamin D and ivermectin, which are very effective against Covid-19 and incredibly cheap. Maybe even more effective than the best vaccine!

The doctors behind the MATH+ protocol are not ignoring them. They have a new prophylactic and early treatment protocol I-MASK+ that stresses masks and ivermectin. And they have terrific Real World Evidence to back that up. In 2016, a new law directed FDA to consider RWE outside of clinical trials, but they are not doing that. If they did, our ICUs would be almost empty instead of bursting at the seams.

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
What the guy actually said was something like; "the FDA has now approved at home testing kits, some of which may sell for a dollar". Sorry, I should have been more specific as it was the dollar thing that got my attention.

My thought is that if someone tested as infected, with the dollar test, they they would immediately go to one of the testing sites that uses the big time test to make sure. This is what I would do and, I suspect, most everybody else just to make sure. If that is the case it would also take care of the other problem as well.

Given the status of our healthcare one would think that there would be some kind of oversite committee that would note some of this stuff and make it known. Right now, it seems to me, there is a lot of screwups and self importants supposed to be taking care of everything. On the face of it there seems to be more concern about who is doing what to who rather than doing their best to assure that the public can depend on them to do their jobs and tell everybody what is going on.

I am curious. Do you ever let your elected know your thoughts on this stuff? I used to tell mine stuff all the time. The problem is that they started in calling me about this and that which I always thought they should know anyway and finally said that out loud. They don't call me much anymore, which has not broken my heart. I have two female senators. One was a kindergarten teacher and the other was in the computer business. They have both been senators for a long time and I am never quite sure of what they are doing and though I am convinced that they are incredibly important Democratic Senators. I am represented by a nice hometown guy in congress. He works hard and tries.

Its kinda interesting. My dad told me, a very long time ago, that Port Angeles (where I live) was considered to be a community which is known to be average in most things so we got polled a lot. I had forgotten that until we got, I think, re-discovered as a community who had chosen the next president since 1980. I suspect we will now see more polling <sigh> Have no idea why I mentioned this other than something reminded me about it.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I suspect we are going to hear a lot more from Fauci, once he is no longer muzzled. He's taking 6000 iu of Vitamin D3 every day, but NIH and FDA say nothing about it on their medical advice websites. I wonder why he would be taking that much, if it does nothing?

The truly weird thing is that Donald Trump was treated with Vitamin D when he got Covid-19. Did NIH and FDA just forget to mention it? No money for Big Pharma in it, I suppose.

Don't worry about Trump firing him: That's going to be something you want on your resume in the near future. Biden would hire him and several other experts back on Day 1.

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
The taking of d3 is kinda interesting. I live in a place where the sun is kinda lacking except for the summertime. I have been taking it for a very long time ()prescribed). Seems that is the normal up here. I have no idea what 6000 iu would do (I take 2000)

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
For most adults, 2000 iu will raise your 25-OH-Vitamin D blood level by 20 ng/ml. If you are not eating lots of oily fish every day, or drinking lots of fortified milk, then your (as a Northerner) blood level sinks down to 20 ng/ml during the winter.

"Sufficient" level is 30 ng/ml. The Endocrine Society says 40-50 ng/ml is "ideal". Without other Vitamin D sources, you would probably need to take 4000-5000 iu per day to reach that level. Dr. Fauci is opting for 60 ng/ml.

USDA has said 400 or 600 iu per day is swell, although we know that would only raise the average person's blood level by 4 or 6 ng/ml. Most doctors heard Vitamin D is dangerous in medical school, and have not kept up with the research. Many research papers say 50-60 ng/ml has a definite protective effect for some cancers. 70 ng/ml has a strong positive effect on MS. (I'm proof!)

I think the USDA's criminally low recommendation is based on a lot of US workers doing field labor and getting a lot of sun, and just never got updated. National Health in the UK is sending Vitamin D3 to everybody in danger, by mail. Unfortunately, they are sending 400 iu which will do absolutely nothing!

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Another study of Vitamin D comes to us from India: Blind, randomized, with Vitamin D arm and control arm. They selected patients for their trial with positive PCR tests and deficient Vitamin D levels. They gave the test arm patients 60,000 iu of Vitamin D3, the control arm patients placebo.

The results are much faster virus RNA clearance, and much lower fibrinogen levels. That is an indication of clotting. p < 0.05 for both. They used Vitamin D3 orally, like anybody can buy. This has to be converted by the liver into 25(OH)-Vitamin D in the blood stream, which takes several days. The liver can only do that so fast. They actually measured that conversion, and found 2/3 of their test arm got up to 50 ng/ml within a week. Not so coincidently, that corresponds to when many of their test arm patients were clearing their viral load.

So this study does confirm that normal D3 as widely available is very useful for Covid-19. The previous Spanish study used 25(OH)-Vitamin D, to get the blood level up immediately, with even better results.

It's getting rather suspicious that major peer-reviewed journals are publishing these papers, and WHO, NIH, FDA, CDC, and similar institutions in other countries have failed to even mention this on their web sites.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
If you are interested in rapid and frequent testing, AND YOU SHOULD BE, here is an excellent MedCram YouTube video with Dr. Mina, the main cheap tests advocate in the world.

Cheap Frequent Home Testing

They've done something like this in other countries and seen incredible declines in their spread rates. Dr. Mena has Dr. Fauci on board with the idea now, so we may see some progress soon.

Page 79 of 104 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard