WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 42 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 41 42
veteran
veteran
Damn, lost a post.

This is a personal message to the guys who were talking about CPAP. I had mostly quit using mine in the past couple of years because I couldn’t get new supplies (long story omitted.) Anyway I finally got the supplier worked out and after you all talking about it I decided to make the effort to start using it consistently again.

Last week I was swimming in molasses. This morning I got up, Played around the house, even made a cake. Thanks for the lift.

Julia
A 45’s quicker than 409
Betty’s cleaning’ house for the very last time
Betty’s bein’ bad
3 members like this: Jeffery J. Haas, pdx rick, NW Ponderer
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
The latest conservative media rant is that Liberals are manipulating Conservatives not to get vaccinated by telling them to get vaccinated. They say it's just human nature not to do what other people, doctors, CDC, etc. tell them to do.

Okay. The maximum penalty for stupidity has always been death. Why should that be any different now?

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
2 members like this: Jeffery J. Haas, pdx rick
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
The latest conservative media rant is that Liberals are manipulating Conservatives not to get vaccinated by telling them to get vaccinated. They say it's just human nature not to do what other people, doctors, CDC, etc. tell them to do.

Okay. The maximum penalty for stupidity has always been death. Why should that be any different now?
I heard that, and thought it was the most asinine thing I could imagine - which is why it is a Reich wing talking point. It begs two questions: 1) how old are you? And 2) how stupid do you think your followers are?

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by logtroll
Originally Posted by Ken Condon
Perhaps. But why is this event any sadder or more tragic than any of the rest of the horrible things that happen to humans all across the globe… daily.

Serious question.
I wonder the same thing (briefly) fairly often about a lot of stuff. I’ve been wondering why this young woman’s story has been grabbing my attention, and I confess I don’t know.

Asking the question opens the door to a humongous psycho/philosophical universe of the human condition that we occasionally glance at uncomprehendingly, then go immediately back to sleep.

Some “consciousness” gurus have said that if we humans were able wake up fully on the spot, the shock of it would kill us.

“I dunno, man… maybe I’ll ask the Golden Teacher?”
I've wondered the same thing about my same reaction. My conclusion is, that it is easier to focus on the travails of one cute and innocent human than the mass of ugliness out there. It's a poignant story, starting in such optimism and ending in such horror. But, I've been unusually affected by it. It's so sad.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
K
old hand
old hand
K
Wow Jeff an actual LP where you can see the outline of the record. I have those too but I haven’t dug any out in a while.

I am aware that a high percentage of Black people refuse to get the vaccine so it is not solely relegated to Trumpsters. I’m not sure why that is but I think a lot of it stems from medical experiments that were performed decades ago and they still have not got over that suspicion. Is that your take? Or their take? To tell the truth I don’t know many Black people. Oregon (aside from certain areas in Portland) is about as white as the winter snow.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ken Condon
Wow Jeff an actual LP where you can see the outline of the record. I have those too but I haven’t dug any out in a while.
Ken vinyl is the only way to go. You should dig them out. That's all we play.
Gary's component system finally died (after 40 plus years). We just bought a new record player. We downsized but this little sweetheart sounds great.
And doesn't take up near as much room!

Right now we've got Blood, Sweat and Tears.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Remember when we used to have to write checks, put the check into the envelope, lick the envelope flap to close, then go to the post office, buy stamps, and then drop our payments into the US Mailbox?

Now we just sign-on to our checking accounts, find the vendor in the list of other vendors, type in an amount, and press "PAY."

No more licking envelopes, driving to the Post Office to buy stamps....because we have free checking - which is great. But who pays for the cost of bill pay for the bank? I don't pay a penny. In fact I earn a few pennies each month on my "free" checking.

Am I missing something? Hmm

This post only came about because I just paid a bill...and it got me thinking. laugh

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Mellowicious
...This morning I got up, Played around the house, even made a cake. Thanks for the lift.
As I wrote before, it changed my life. smile

CHB-OG
CHB-OG

It shouldn't be any different now. Next question. smile

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer

I heard that, and thought it was the most asinine thing I could imagine - which is why it is a Reich wing talking point. It begs two questions: 1) how old are you? And 2) how stupid do you think your followers are?
Only a completely conniving sociopath would do what John Nolte did:

John turned it around to make Democrats/Liberals the "bad guys" when it is really Fox News and NewsMaxx, and conservative talk radio who are, and he's encouraging Rightwingers to get the vaxx.

The guy is a damn m'fo'. mad

Page 36 of 42 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard