WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 37 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 36 37
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
...so the Bible says....

:doh:

The Bible also has a recipe for an abortion tea, Christians pretend never to have seen Numbers 5:11-31. coffee

Contrarian, extraordinaire

T
T
Originally Posted by Greger
I keep the hummus basic but usually squirt a dollop of Sriracha on top before I dig in.

and I don't peel the garbanzos.

I also draw a line at peeling garbonzos, but there are now methods, heating with bicarb, to remove the skins. Might try it to see what whacko garbonzos are talking about, re smoothness. If you doubt that there are garbonzos, my name for chickpea fanatics, you should follow the Vega frenzy over AquaFaba, the juice from canned GBs, after someone notice that it could be used a eggwhite substitute, particularly in mixed drinks needing egg foam.They even had their own website for it aquafaba.com where you could donate to aquafaba research!

Aquafaba Homepage
Peeling garbonzo beans seems counterproductive anyway, as why would you want to remove an excellent source of fiber? (nature's little brooms)
Maybe its a foodie snowflake thing, like the princess and the chick pea.

So the major question is: Should you drain off the highly precious Aquafaba and sell it to Vegans, or use it to thin the hummus if needed? The vegans had a huge glut of the beans because they only wanted the aquafaba!crazy

Should we drink the aquafaba? Straight up or mixed? grin
TAT

Last edited by TatumAH; 11/01/21 06:20 PM. Reason: add Aquafaba Homepage

There's nothing wrong with thinking
Except that it's lonesome work
sevil regit
K
old hand
old hand
K
Hey TAT and/or PIA for that matter…an authentic highfalutin Loco Moco recipe from the grocery store chain we used to shop at when I was a kid. Foodland! has some great local Hawaii style recipes if anyone out there might be interested in such things.

The Portuguese Bean Soup and Oxtail Soup recipes are also good and huge Hawaii favorites. Then again perhaps too much meat for today’s sensibilities but they taste good and one could always make hummus with veggie sticks if one prefers that sort of thing. :applaud: It’s funny, when I do voice to text Google will translate Hawaii into something not at all like Hawaii. PIA knows what I am talking about. “Over there” we pronounce it “huh whuh ee”, not Ha-wai.

PIA knows, or least his wife does. But I digress. TAT I present you with a real chit-kicking chest clutching Loco Moco “healthy heart” recipe:

Da Kine Loco Moco recipe

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
SO EASY to make at home! I used to cook up a dozen hamburger patties, and keep them in the freezer. I make brown gravy using Beef Base in a jar, butter, rice flour, and water. Takes about three minutes. (I use rice flour because my wife is wheat-intolerant.) We usually have cooked rice in the fridge. So pop the rice and hamburger patty in the microwave, while you whip up the gravy and fry the egg.

Voila: Loco Moco in less than five minutes! 'Ono you know!

My wife is on a no-ground-beef kick right now. That's the problem with being married to a Veterinary Pathologist! But she does say I can buy chuck roasts and grind them my self.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Ground meat of any sort is dangerous as far as food safety laws are concerned and must be cooked beyond what is usually palatable to make it safe.

Usually, only the outside of a piece of meat can get contaminated, the inside is pretty much sterile until it begins to autolyze and toxins begin to form.
The problem with ground meat is that the outside becomes the inside and there is no way to wash away fecal contamination.

Everybody that's anybody grinds their own meat.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
The Bible also has a recipe for an abortion tea, Christians pretend never to have seen Numbers 5:11-31.

What kinda curse do they put on men when they are unfaithful to their wives or their wives have feelings of jealousy?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Should we drink the aquafaba? Straight up or mixed?

F*ck the aquafaba, I thin the beans with bean juice, olive oil, or lemon juice, or even tahini. depending on how it tastes. I've got no use for vegans and their nonsense. The one stipulation I had about my roommate was that he could NOT be vegan.

T
T
Should we drink the aquafaba? Straight up or mixed?

F*ck the aquafaba, I thin the beans with bean juice, olive oil, or lemon juice, or even tahini. depending on how it tastes. I've got no use for vegans and their nonsense. The one stipulation I had about my roommate was that he could NOT be vegan.
ROTFMOL
I am naturally in complete agreement with Greger's Faqufaba damnation and analysis of the Vegan fanatical extremism, or I would never have lobbed such a softball across the dinner plate of another cocurmudgeon, particularly from his lawn! grin

TAT

sevil regit
T
T
Ground meat of any sort is dangerous as far as food safety laws are concerned and must be cooked beyond what is usually palatable to make it safe.

Usually, only the outside of a piece of meat can get contaminated, the inside is pretty much sterile until it begins to autolyze and toxins begin to form.
The problem with ground meat is that the outside becomes the inside and there is no way to wash away fecal contamination.

Everybody that's anybody grinds their own meat.

"Tenderizing" means inserting contamination into steak!
We all agree on this autogrinding, but steaks used to be relatively safe as any surface contamination would likely be sterilized in the searing process. Not so when the processors tenderizers poke lots of little needles or blades into the meat injecting any surface contamination deep into the meat that will likely stay viable if only cooked to rare by conventional grilling. Those bugs will also happily proliferate inside the meat, waiting for their chance at you. You may not be able to tell if meat has been tenderized, if not labeled as such.
I would not buy tenderized meat, but if I accidentally did or someone asked me for advice, I would tell them that I universally use Sous Vide technology on all steaks and most chicken, as it is the safest way to ensure meat sterilization without totally immolating meat to well done terminal status, an insult to the meat! Its also the best way to cook them for taste and consistency!

TAT

sevil regit
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'm munching on a leftover lamb chop, cooked sous vide, seared in Tunisian olive oil, reheated in the air fryer. Yes, I got one and I love it!

My ex picked the chops up at Aldi, I don't know if they needle their meat but they were damned good little chops.

Page 15 of 37 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard