WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 37 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 36 37
T
T
YEAH, except now your speeling has improved to my level.
Dont eat green meet!

One of the more bizarre Procol songs, and one of the few on that mind boggling album that doesnt make one consider suicide. grin
Or Quayle Potatoes

AAT

Last edited by TatumAH; 11/18/21 03:22 AM.

There's nothing wrong with thinking
Except that it's lonesome work
sevil regit
T
T
Originally Posted by Greger
Sometimes out in the Gulf, nothing was biting but pufferfish and roleypoleys.

Even a cat won't eat a roleypoley but it turns out the puffers(toadfish) are pretty tasty. Something on the inside is poisonous but if you filet them without gutting them you don't get into it. Don't quote me it's what my parents said.

I have no idea if it's related to Japanese puffers and we have several varieties of them.

Pufferfish are like mushrooms, some will kill you others wont, thus the excitement!
Even a cat won't eat a roleypoley
I resemble that remark, so I had to look up Roleypoley and all I could come up with was a giant sea bug
and possibly the worst song ever! We should consider a thread elsewhere listing what we think are the worst songs ever, in each catagorry, and explain our judgement.
You were worned!

roleypoley fish heads
This version is much moar...
Oh CARP, the software wouldnt let me post this as an edit to last version!
TAT

TAT

Last edited by TatumAH; 11/18/21 04:14 AM. Reason: add song

sevil regit
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
In Japan, fugu chefs have to be well-trained and then licensed, because so many people eating badly-prepared puffer fish die from the neurotoxin. They say you know you've found a good chef when you just get the tingles after eating it.

I love sea bass. salmon. and pollack. We get a lot of Alaskan pollack in California because it hasn't all been fished out yet. Shrimp is a big favorite, too. We used to be able to find spiny lobster when diving, but they are pretty rare now. Last one I caught was decades ago, and I caught it on a line fishing from a jetty!

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
In Japan, fugu chefs have to be well-trained and then licensed, because so many people eating badly-prepared puffer fish die from the neurotoxin. They say you know you've found a good chef when you just get the tingles after eating it.

Yeah well, let em train in the kitchens of Steve Bannon and Roger Stone.
Foods that bite you back are Franken-foodz. eek2

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
T
T
Sue Chefs! mad

TAT

Last edited by TatumAH; 11/18/21 05:00 AM.

sevil regit
1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
T
T
Whatever I end up having for dinner tonight, there will be biochar in my pepper grinder!

Dairy farmer finds biochar boosts cow health. It seems clear that Black Food Matters, but presentation counts, so maybe biochar should not be added while cooking, except for black rice, but sprinkled on top mixed with pepper. Who would notice?

TAT

It was a lucky accident of sorts for dairy producer Aaron Smith.

A broken bag of biochar inside his barn allowed his cows to sample the powdery black charcoal when it spread on the floor near the feeder.

“As we were sweeping it up, the cows all came over and next thing you know, two or three of them were actually eating mouthfuls of it, which I had not expected,” said Smith, the owner of Don-Mair Farms near Mount Hope, Ont.
“I thought the palatability of it would probably deter them from doing it, but actually one by one they would all get a mouthful of it and walk away and go stand off to the side chewing on it like they were chewing on dirt out in the pasture,” said Smith.

“We observed that it was the recently fresh cows that were consuming it by the mouthful.”

Smith operates a 75-head milking herd of purebred registered Holsteins on his 500-acre dairy farm.

He recently completed a one-year trial where activated charcoal was used in his calf starter and dairy ration. He recounted the results during a recent webinar about activated charcoal and herd health in Canada.

More recently its environmental benefits have been discovered because cows that eat biochar produce less methane.

Studies have also found that when added to animal feed, initially as a colourant, biochar allows animals to recover more quickly from illness, with less need for antibiotics. Dairy cattle also produce more milk and the barns smell better.

Armed with this knowledge, Smith conducted a trial with his Holsteins.

“I put two and two together that if it’s a full pass-through product, it’s kind of like getting double bang for your buck. It’s like dumping a bag of charcoal out in your field, but first it goes through the cows. So it helps their gut and promotes overall better health by pulling toxins out of their system.
”

sevil regit
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Roleypoley was a local name, also called cigarfish and snakefish. It's trash fish and I don't know the real name. It isn't one of those either. After they bite, they spin and twist up your line hence roleypoleys.

Fish isn't really a natural food for cats.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
T
T
Round Scad recipe

I this the hard to research RoleyPoley?

Fish isn't really a natural food for cats.

This is reasonable as domestic cats are derived from Egyptian desert cats. Fish are, however, considered excellent for sport fishing. Just ask my irritable neighbor who was not amused by one of our notorious predators fishing in her Coy pond! nono This was only after she, the cat, had depleted the entire extended neighborhood of Chipmunks, her favorite! Some neighbors, who were gardeners, approved of this carnage as Chipmunks dig out and eat their bulbs. Still Chipmunks have positive PR and some want them around. They are starting to return to our yard, 10 years later. Trudy was a Calico, a breed that former Att Gen Ashcroft considered demonic, and had the secret service scout area for Calicos before his appearances. Chipmunks would agree with Ashcroft!
All that Trudy wouldnt eat was the stomach and intestines that contained veggies. Cougars also eschew deer stomachs filled with salad.

TAT

sevil regit
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Salmon, black rice, asparagus.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
T
T
Red beans and rice, not black, but at least brown, with Andouille sausage. I did consider using black rice but it didnt fit the sudden schedule, and it would have hidden the red and green Christmas colors. I added a healthy dose of live collards, the only thing left alive in the veggie garden. Collards like other greens are even sweeter after the gentle kiss of the frost grin eat your heart out folks without that winter gardening pleasure and advantage!
These particular Collard plants are now two years old. I planted new ones in the spring but some dastardly Vegan bugs ate all my bedding plants. I rushed around looking for more plants but they were sold out.. Considering a year without collards, I figured my only chance was to encourage the remaining plants, they usually live through winter here now, to produce more leaves. The plants had spring fever and were blooming very enthusiastically, thinking that it would be their only chance to breed and sow wild oats. Every sprout, and there were hundreds, had clusters of bright yellow flowers but had stopped growing leaves. I pruned all the flowers, which are delicious eaten right in the garden or used like any other green. They kept trying to flower but I purrsisted in deflowering them. I fed them high nitrogen lawn fertilizer, without weed killer, that was leftover from when I used to feed the lawn. High nitrogen encourages leaf growth, and I didnt want more Potassium or Phosphate as they already had good root systems, and were not going to produce fruit. They came back with lush growth, but instead of being upright as usual, they crawled snakelike all around the plot putting out more collards than I could eat, and they are still going strong. I think I will try to get another year out of them, with severe contraception! grin

TAT

sevil regit
Page 23 of 37 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard