WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Jeffery J. Haas - 05/20/24 02:30 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 4 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,081,060 my own book page
5,017,077 We shall overcome
4,196,069 Campaign 2016
3,794,715 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,747 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,789
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 93 of 104 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 103 104
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Anecdata fer sure but my local school district is paying 150/day to substitute. Young, wiry, orphans preferred is the vibe. They just need babysitters to sit in classes that are half full. Sign of the times.

A PITA client of mine had been texting me into the evenings over an ongoing remodel. A vice principal of a city school but she and her husband have a vacay home nearby that I’ve been involved with since June. She’s gone radio silent for two weeks now. Out of character. Guessing her plates full with loss of teachers, bus drivers, etc.

I’m not buying your go to of individuals making bad decisions as a rational for omicron spread, PIA. That’s been used as a scapegoat for junk economics, bad governance, etc for decades now. Sounds so much like the isolate, blame and shame that’s been a hallmark of neoliberalism. Show me the proof of uniform behavior around the world that has allowed this variant to spread so quick globally. Different seasons, governments, holidays or no holidays etc.. The Cron is getting everywhere in record breaking time. That’s a lot of spitting and licking your proposing as an admitted fomite/droplet fan.

Conversely, if you could find some evidence of similar global behavior then why has it outpaced/ displaced Delta with amazing speed if they were so similar? Even your referenced Dr. Campbell has noted the reports of it being as much or more transmissible than measles recently. Individual behavior should average out with Delta I would think. The Cron has moved much faster than Delta nonetheless.

It is interesting to note how fast the ‘Omicron is mild’ narrative was pushed in the Anglosphere in the run up to the holiday shopping season. Odd that. Very little data out of S Africa for an immediate conformity of narrative. I’d hate to think that commercial interests in the form of advertising revenue would have had an influence on media messaging.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 01/14/22 01:41 AM.
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by chunkstyle
It is interesting to note how fast the ‘Omicron is mild’ narrative was pushed in the Anglosphere in the run up to the holiday shopping season. Odd that. Very little data out of S Africa for an immediate conformity of narrative. I’d hate to think that commercial interests in the form of advertising revenue would have had an influence on media messaging.
Welp, you can't have two holiday seasons in a row ruined by not having Xmas presents under the tree. Hmm

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Actually, John Campbell tends to pay an undue amount of attention to MSM and statements from authorities who have no real data to back their claims. For example he's a big ivermectin fan when well designed double blind studies have found it does very little. And recent thinking by just about everybody (including qualified virologists) thinks fomites contribute very little to spread.

I think the holidays did contribute to the quick spread in the West, But also simple precaution exhaustion plays a major part everywhere. And simple math: During most of the Delta time, we were on a less steep portion of the exponential curve. Now we are on a more steep portion. That's just how exponential curves work.

Rick: Your home test (assuming it's on the FDA list of tests that respond to Omicron) will tell you if you are infectious. Your PCR test is more sensitive and may say you have viral RNA present in your upper respiratory tract for weeks after you are no longer infectious. It is vital to get a CT value. Above 30 means you are not infectious.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Actually, John Campbell tends to pay an undue amount of attention to MSM and statements from authorities who have no real data to back their claims. For example he's a big ivermectin fan when well designed double blind studies have found it does very little.
Glenn Beck is about to find out the Herman Cain way. Hmm

Glenn has COVID and is only taking the big “I” for treatment. crazy

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Got a PCR test today. It was easy, peasy - completely drive-thru. Done in about seven mins from check-in to giving a sample.
It
smile

Will get results in 2 - 4 days via email.

K
old hand
old hand
K
What is also very amazing is how Kary Mullis discovered how to take small snippets of DNA and replicate them so they made sense. Hence polymerase chain reaction. PCR. Many humans just take it for granted as if it was always there.

I suppose it was always there it just took someone to learn how to replicate it in an amazing fashion;

Polymerase chain reaction

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
US government moves to end daily COVID-19 death reporting by hospitals

Reminds me of when your writing crap software that doesn’t work, you control the variables until it does. Is this science? Dunno.

Judging from world maps of cases with countries going for elimination vs. let er rip, I’d say, no, probably not. More likely politics as messaging we’ve come to know and love.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Well, I suppose some will pray Glenn Beck gets to meet Jesus real soon now. He can join the Heavenly Chorus with a lot of his buddies.

I notice that article about Covid brain injury never mentioned viral infection of the brain, just anoxia and bad chemicals like I said. Which is kind of hopeful. Anoxia can be avoided by various medical means, even if the lungs are not working. Bad chemicals might just mean more aggressive use of steroids to avoid them being released, or some other type of treatment. Maybe something as simple as high-dose Vitamin D metabolites to better regulate the immune system?

Understanding the problem is the first step toward solving it. May not help people already brain damaged, but some treatments might help the seriously ill avoid it.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
My counties covid dashboard is now restricted to log in only. There’s no mechanism for creating an account. No information on why the county health information has been curtailed. Seems odd to restrict it during the height of Cron spread.

Page 93 of 104 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard