WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 72 1 2 3 4 5 6 71 72
L
veteran
veteran
L
It’s just as I thought… it helps if you smile a little bit as you say it.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
K
old hand
old hand
K
Domo arigato!

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
A good long form conversation with Scott Ritter on the current situation and history leading up to it.

YouTube link doesn’t work again but a good conversation with Ritter and Dan Cohen. Worth looking for

I think it will be getting pronounces chicken putineska for awhile

Last edited by chunkstyle; 02/26/22 02:50 PM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
It looks as though the sanctions are rippling through an already shaky Russian economy.

Do you reckon Vlad Putin has bit off more than he can chew...?

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
It looks as though the sanctions are rippling through an already shaky Russian economy.

Do you reckon Vlad Putin has bit off more than he can chew...?

A lot of what was said up top hasn't aged well, particularly the praise for Putin's "well measured" steaming pile of straw & revisionist crap.
Ukraine is not part of Russia, and was only part of the USSR because they welded everything shut with the Iron Curtain.
Irregardless, I guarantee you Ukrainians don't feel like Russians now.

When the USSR collapsed the Ruble went to nearly 3000 to the dollar, in the last couple of days it went from 80/per dollar to
(right now Mon Feb 28 2022 03:48 PM) 106/per dollar.
Maybe when it sinks to something like five or six hundred to the dollar it might spur action by the people, because at that point
even Putin's praetorian guards won't have much fight in them anymore.

Yes, Putin has bitten off more than he can chew. He's moments away from being at war with 30 countries instead of one,
and if he tries following up on his nuke bluffs we may see another fifty or a hundred countries offering to apply to NATO.
Hell, NATO might have to change its name to accommodate a bunch that big...like maybe "The World Alliance Against Putin". (TWAAP)

I dunno, do you think Putin can successfully vanquish a hundred countries?
With pretty much the whole world against Putin, how is he going to get himself out of the mess he's created?
Ukraine's ambassador to the UN had a helpful suggestion this morning.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1498329367730077708

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
China is with Russia. India abstained from the UNSC vote. That’s a lot of people.

I don’t like one country invading another country any more than I assume you don’t Jeff. Though to be honest I don’t really know if your that opposed when the US does it but this is what it looks like from the other side.

You were a pretty strong Russiagater, IIRC, so I doubt there will be much context or history coming from your camp. More willing propaganda echoing I’m guessing.

Putin’s not a nice guy. Neither are our ruling classes. Can’t help but wonder what we would do having Russian ‘advisors’ and military bases on our borders. Oh wait, Cuba….

Anyhow, like it, hate it, it’s going down and we’re pumping as many arms into the situation making a dangerous situation even more dangerous. I think we should finally start taking Putin at his word and start acting smart. Doubtful from what I can see coming from the state and it’s propaganda organs and now you.

Here’s a wild interview from an expat with Max Blumrnthal. Interesting to hear from someone walking the walk. Not saying I agree with everything he’s saying but I believe he’s serious about his truth. Good to hear from all sides sorta thing….

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by chunkstyle
China is with Russia. India abstained from the UNSC vote. That’s a lot of people.

I don’t like one country invading another country any more than I assume you don’t Jeff. Though to be honest I don’t really know if your that opposed when the US does it but this is what it looks like from the other side.

You were a pretty strong Russiagater, IIRC, so I doubt there will be much context or history coming from your camp. More willing propaganda echoing I’m guessing.

Putin’s not a nice guy. Neither are our ruling classes. Can’t help but wonder what we would do having Russian ‘advisors’ and military bases on our borders. Oh wait, Cuba….

Anyhow, like it, hate it, it’s going down and we’re pumping as many arms into the situation making a dangerous situation even more dangerous. I think we should finally start taking Putin at his word and start acting smart. Doubtful from what I can see coming from the state and it’s propaganda organs and now you.

Here’s a wild interview from an expat with Max Blumrnthal. Interesting to hear from someone walking the walk. Not saying I agree with everything he’s saying but I believe he’s serious about his truth. Good to hear from all sides sorta thing….

Oh, Russell "Texas" Bentley?
Is that your guy?

https://twitter.com/borzou/status/1498393087952961541

He says he's gonna help the Russians "de-Nazify Ukraine"? 🤣🤣🤣
Funny how fascists seem to like calling everyone else Nazis, even Jews.

By the way, a little background on yer boy:

'I will return to the USA in a tank to free the Americans'

Despite almost unanimous international condemnation of Russia's aggression, Bentley was seduced by Putin's view of the war. Shortly after the occupation of Crimea, Putin criticized Western leaders who condemned the takeover, and said that "neo-Nazis and Russophobes staged a coup" to overthrow the Ukrainian government.

---So Volodomir Zelensky, a Jew, was .... what? Elected by a majority of "neo-Nazis and Russophobes"?
I think I'll be waiting a very long time to see all these Ukrainian nazis.

The funniest part is how he describes himself as a communist.
How does a communist reconcile the fact that his host nation not only hasn't been communist since 1991 but is now actively seeking to install global fascism?
I think it's more likely that he's just found a new gig that keeps him safe from the US Marshalls who have a price on his head after he was convicted of drug trafficking
in his home state.
Now, if he was just some big time pot dealer, I don't care all that much because .... well...it's just pot.
But it still amazes me how dumb this guy can be to fall in line with fascist dictatorship...while dubbing himself a communist.
Talk about useful idiots...

To quote social media...
"So... proud texan native and extremely rabid communist russell bentley is fighting with a donbass regiment in ukraine in support of putin's army. this is who the @gop and @foxnews supports. it's not capitalism. it's power and authoritarianism. it's anti-american."

--So okay, you're obviously in love with Vlad and all his fascist friends, thanks for making that clear, oh and...good luck to your boy over there, I guess he hopes
those Jewish Ukrainian nazis don't find him before we do.

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
So okay, you're obviously in love with Vlad and all his fascist friends, thanks for making that clear, oh and...good luck to your boy over there, I guess he hopes

That's just stupid, Jeff. I don't think the most leftist member of this forum is exactly in love with Putin.

Bur neither is he required to love the Democratic Party. Let's try to stick to the discussion and avoid personal attacks.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
So okay, you're obviously in love with Vlad and all his fascist friends, thanks for making that clear, oh and...good luck to your boy over there, I guess he hopes

That's just stupid, Jeff. I don't think the most leftist member of this forum is exactly in love with Putin.

Bur neither is he required to love the Democratic Party. Let's try to stick to the discussion and avoid personal attacks.

That's a personal attack but labeling me as a "pretty strong Russia-gater" isn't?
And I would like to offer the idea that just saying you're left is meaningless, it's not a one dimensional monolith, and there are plenty on the Left who
are fond of an accelerationist value system that leaves us with zero direction at all...other than "taking Putin at his word", which we apparently DID between 2016 and 2020 already.

If you believe Tex Bentley is a hero and Max Blumenthal knows what's best for America, then you're cheering for Putin, simple as that.
Look, the above interview is with a guy who calls himself a communist while embedded with a bunch of state fascists.
Communism promotes the idea of a classless society and when Putin surrounds himself with a bunch of billionaire oil oligarchs and mobsters, that's pretty much the
polar opposite ergo Russia isn't communist, and people who call themselves communists but strap on a rifle and embed themselves with the Russian Army and align with Putin are just morons who never knew what communism was and don't know that they're fascists now.

If personal attacks consists of me stating my opinion that someone is demonstrating an alliance with Putin, then I guess I'll have to just be the bad guy.
I never said anyone has to love the Democratic Party either, but thank you.

Is there anything that I said in my response that isn't true?
If anything it's a textbook example of The Horseshoe Theory in action.
I'm just not so far left that I've hooked all the way around and circled back through the Far Right, that's all.

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by jgw
Money is, basically, there and he has larger thoughts. He wants the old Soviet Union back.

"Whoever does not miss the Soviet Union has no heart. Whoever wants it back has no brain."

Vladimir Putin

You can't surround yourself with a bunch of billionaire oligarchs and promote same and then pretend to want the old Soviet Union back.
I mean, you certainly CAN, but it's not going to BE any kind of "soviet" union, because billionaire oligarchs aren't fond of classless societies and
worker paradises run by the proles and back door black market corruption on the street with them not getting the lion's share of the cut every time.
Viktor who fills up cars from his jerry can black market gasoline isn't interested in handing over 80 of his 100 ruble check to Lukoil's main enforcer
every night, and Sergey who just wanted some gas for his Lada doesn't want to get roughed up for wanting to not stand in line for eight hours.

What Putin really wants has everything to do with Soviet style military expansionism but on its face, it's bound to look and feel a lot more
like the old Imperial Russian Empire, with Vlad as the tsar. A tsar does not run for reelection, you know.
A tsar doesn't even have to massage the rules to pretend he did get elected with 99% of the vote and all opposition jailed or killed.
A tsar is just the tsar and until he dies, he OWNS the country, all its resources and everyone in it.

A tsar is royalty and when you cling to the old Russian Orthodox Church, you're naming yourself as Russian royalty.
None of that classless society nonsense.
He has more military muscle than the USSR ever dreamed of, and that's really all the "soviet" he wants.

Left leaning classless societies? I think Putin thinks that's a big fat joke. He likes absolute monarchy for himself better and
state fascism for the proles.

deepfreezefilms.com
Page 4 of 72 1 2 3 4 5 6 71 72

Link Copied to Clipboard