WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
And most likely Florida will gain some more. Texas too. With the right candidate, either state could turn blue at a moment's notice. It's not about politics, it's about infrastructure and tax structure. It's about climate and costs.

Florida went for Obama twice.

If Florida Democratic voters hadn't selected the Black, progressive(corrupt and now indicted) Andrew Gillum over the more centrist**forgot her name** daughter of a former Democratic governor in the primaries...**takes deep breath**

We would have a Democratic governor now instead of this horror in Tallahassee and soon-to-be president of a country near YOU.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
DeathSantis has to win re-election first and he’s only +1 over Christ. I don’t see DeathSantis running in 2024 for POTUS…if ever.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
He's a rock-ribbed Republican. A genuine conservative. He's not rich or corrupt.

He's smart, well-educated, politically savvy, and a good administrator. Boneheaded about a lot of things but he'd be a fool in today's political climate not to capitalize on the Trumpist wave and use it to sweep himself into power.

He's no fool. And he has no connections to Trump. Democrats should be terrified of him...

All they can think about is Trump.

Remember what Enzo Ferrari said..."what's behind me doesn't matter..."

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
DeSantis will win reelection easily.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
DeathSantis has to win re-election first and he’s only +1 over Christ. I don’t see DeathSantis running in 2024 for POTUS…if ever.

From your tiny little keyboard to God's ears, Rick. I hope so very much that you are completely right about that.

1 member likes this: pdx rick
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Greger
And most likely Florida will gain some more. Texas too. With the right candidate, either state could turn blue at a moment's notice. It's not about politics, it's about infrastructure and tax structure. It's about climate and costs.

Florida went for Obama twice.

If Florida Democratic voters hadn't selected the Black, progressive(corrupt and now indicted) Andrew Gillum over the more centrist**forgot her name** daughter of a former Democratic governor in the primaries...**takes deep breath**

We would have a Democratic governor now instead of this horror in Tallahassee and soon-to-be president of a country near YOU.
I think I've posted this once before. The problem as I see it is the Democrats are all hot over having Texas, Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina turning blue, but never give their states a thought that some could be turning red. Those are totally ignored. I think migration from the northeast and midwest to the south and southwest has a lot to do with the developing trends.

20-year trends on the movement of States: Blue to Red or Red to Blue

There has been movement from 2000-2022 for the states from red to blue or blue to red. Below is the movement based on PVI, Partisan Voting Index along with their number of electoral votes for the 2024 presidential election.

Arizona from an R+6 down to an R+3. Moving blue. 11 electoral votes
Florida from R+1 to a R+3 getting slightly redder. 30 electoral votes
Georgia from a R+10 down to an R+2 Moving blue 16 electoral votes
Michigan from a D+6 to a R+1 Moving Red 15 electoral votes
Minnesota from a D+10 down to a D+1 moving Red 10 electoral votes
Nevada from D+3 to even Moving Red 6 electoral votes
North Carolina from an R+13 down to a R+2 moving blue 16 electoral votes
Ohio from an R+4 up to an R+6 Becoming redder 17 electoral votes
Pennsylvania from D+4 to even moving red 19 electoral votes
Texas from an R+20 down to an R+5 moving blue 40 electoral votes
Wisconsin from a D+10 to a R+2 moving red 10 electoral votes

States moving blue Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina, Texas 83 electoral votes
States moving red or getting redder, Florida, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin 107 electoral votes

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
You may want to reconsider PA. No way is Doug Mastriano and Mehmet Cengiz Öz winning this November 2022. And, if things keep trending the way they currently are for Charlie Christ, Val Demings will benefit as a down-ticket candidate imperiling unpopular Li'l Marco.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

enthusiast
enthusiast
Rick, that’s the trend in Pennsylvania, turning red. The Republicans there picked about the two worst candidates they could find for this year’s midterms. Neither will win. Candidates still matter. But that doesn’t stop Pennsylvania from going red as time moves on. Being even in the PVI means Pennsylvania is a swing state, color it purple today whereas in 2000 it was the color blue. But by 2030 Pennsylvania will probably be red. By 2030 Georgia, North Carolina will probably be loyal blue states. Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota will probably be turning red. All of this takes time. By 2040, Texas will most likely be a blue state if this 20-year trend continues.

Simply put, in general with exceptions, the northeast and Midwest are growing redder, the south and southwest bluer.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Honcho
old hand
Honcho
old hand
Greetings from the always-absent landlord here at RR. As may of you may know, both my wife and I came down with COVID-19 (the latest variant) just before Memorial Day and I thought I had recovered but then my underlying chronic bronchitis kicked in and I was in and out of the hospital several times in June.

My apologies. I'm getting sick and tired of doctors ending all sentences about my medical conditions with "at your age." Supposedly, I am now back on my feet fo the time being and hope to get back to work fully this week.

My thanks to those who have used the donation button on the RR home page to provide some always-needed operating funds. If I could devote more time here, maybe things will improve. Your help is much appreciated.

I was able to see Cassidy Hutchins' incredibly brave testimony before the Select Committee. If a 25-year-old junior aide will put her career on the line, why can't our aged leaders provide what they owe to the American people?

Please let me know if anyone needs help on anything in dealing with RR. I am still seeking an alternative software but have been stymied by problems transferring all the data to a new system and the final cost of what it might take. I'm hoping to find something that will work.

Thanks to all of you for supporting and being part of RR.

If you've noticed, the news side of CHB is not updated more often and I'm trying to write two to three columns a week to help improve our readership. Ideas and comments are always welcome.

Doug

It is the role of a newspaperman to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
-- Finley Peter Dunne
3 members like this: Jeffery J. Haas, Greger, pdx rick
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
You may want to reconsider PA. No way is Doug Mastriano and Mehmet Cengiz Öz winning this November 2022. And, if things keep trending the way they currently are for Charlie Christ, Val Demings will benefit as a down-ticket candidate imperiling unpopular Li'l Marco.

John Fetterman will be the next Democratic Senator from Pennsylvania, at least for the next few years anyway.
If he follows good diet and exercise recommendations there's no stopping him for much more than the Senate.
I think he is going to try like Hell to pack as much work as possible into his first two years and if he gets drafted for a POTUS run, more power to him.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
1 member likes this: Greger
Page 5 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard