WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 05/15/24 02:58 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:04 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 04/22/24 01:03 PM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 5 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,002,189 my own book page
5,013,579 We shall overcome
4,192,768 Campaign 2016
3,792,054 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,364 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,279
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,767
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 86 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 85 86
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]

Mebbe the title was changed after I made the post.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

enthusiast
enthusiast
Actually, Graham bill is where most Americans stand on restrictions to abortion. 69% of all Americans favor legal abortions. 60% favor legal abortions during the first trimester, but only 28% favor abortion being legal through the second trimester which leaves the remaining 9% that abortion should be legal with no restrictions.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/where-americans-stand-on-abortion-in-5-charts/

Why condemn something that 60% of all Americans favor?

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by perotista
Actually, Graham bill is where most Americans stand on restrictions to abortion. 69% of all Americans favor legal abortions. 60% favor legal abortions during the first trimester, but only 28% favor abortion being legal through the second trimester which leaves the remaining 9% that abortion should be legal with no restrictions.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/where-americans-stand-on-abortion-in-5-charts/

Why condemn something that 60% of all Americans favor?

Fifteen is a little extreme but I think most would accept a ban after 18-20 weeks, because after Week 20 you're beginning to see possible fetal viability.
Be sure to add that almost everyone would make late term exceptions in cases of fetal incompatibility with life or medical emergency to the mother.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]

I screenshot the article's lead in case they change it later on. smile

Graham's abortion ban stuns Senate GOP

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
I am just going to say this: Speaking as a gay male myself, it's none of some closet fa**ot's business what a woman does wither her body. Fck off Lindsey Graham.

mad

enthusiast
enthusiast
Actually Rick, I agree. Far as I’m concerned the choice of an abortion or prostitution or whatever should be left to the woman. After all, it’s her body. But neither is an issue that will decide who I vote for. I’ve voted for both pro-life and pro-choice candidates. For me, this argument of it’s her body, she should be able to do with it as she chooses works for both above. It can’t work for one without working for the other.

Although I think personally think abortion should be legal with no restrictions. I view the first trimester limitation on abortion with exceptions for things like the life of the mother and the viability of the fetus is a commonsense approach to solving the issue. That is if both major parties want to solve it. But I’m sure it will never be solved as abortion is too hot and valuable as a campaign issue used to fire up the base than to solve it.

Since the SCOTUS ruled that the federal government, correct me if I’m wrong about this, since abortion isn’t addressed in the constitution as a power for congress, it’s left to the states. Congress can neither make abortion legal with restrictions or no restrictions and neither can congress ban abortion or make abortion illegal nationwide. Not if that power resides in the states. So it seems, at least to me, Graham’s proposal if passed would be ruled unconstitutional as it stands now, the states only have the power to control or regulate or make abortion legal or illegal.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
One of the problems with the GOP's abortion stance, is that the GOP takes a Christian point of view to the topic and ignores other religion's philosophy of abortion. For example, in Judaism, life starts when the born infant takes breath after the umbilical cord is cut.

In the conservative Christian POV, life starts when the ovum and sperm unite - which is a pretty radical idea of when life beings as fertilized egg is not viable on its own.

enthusiast
enthusiast
With the NH primary results in, the primary season is not officially over, closed. I decided to review some of the primaries. The GOP primary in NH comes close to guaranteeing incumbent D Hassan will win and keep her senate seat. OH, AZ, GA, NC, PA are other states where the GOP has gone for a weak general election candidate over a candidate that stood a better chance at winning over independents and winning in the general election. The same goes for some governor races. It seems the Republicans this year have nominated a bunch of poor general election candidates. One can conclude that the Republicans this year, weren’t all that interested in coming up with good candidates that had a good chance of winning. They were more interested in nominating Trump endorsed or chosen candidates even if those candidates were poor choices for the winning the general election. Reducing the chances, the odds of winning in the general election in order to make a primary statement. Which is very good news for the Democrats.

Perhaps the Republicans don’t care if the Democrats retain power along with their control of congress. Republicans were more interested in helping Trump get his revenge against candidates that aren't 100% loyal to him than winning in November. Their poor choices of candidates sure seem to show that.

1 member likes this: pdx rick
enthusiast
enthusiast
Major events can and do change how elections playout. Today, the Democrats whether on purpose or just the way things worked out, the focus for this midterm has switched from inflation to Trump. At least among independents. But the one event if it happens that could easily bring the attention back to inflation, rising prices, empty shelves in stores is the looming railroad strike.

Looming railroad strike could cripple US economy, transportation

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/loo...economy-transportation/story?id=89587287

Now I said if this happens and how long it lasts. The possibility is there. If food, other items prices continue rise, empty shelves begin to reappear in stores, the democrats could feel the full blame. Right, wrong or indifferent, Independents are quick to blame those in charge when their wallets begin to thin and go flat.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by perotista
If food, other items prices continue rise, empty shelves begin to reappear in stores, the democrats could feel the full blame. Right, wrong or indifferent, Independents are quick to blame those in charge when their wallets begin to thin and go flat.

This just in...
"Democrats control the nation's railroads"

In other news:

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
1 member likes this: pdx rick
Page 33 of 86 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard