WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 86 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 85 86
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Hershel Walker was a no call, no show at tonight's GA Senate Debate in Atlanta.

[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]

Contrarian, extraordinaire

enthusiast
enthusiast
Who cares, Walker isn’t going to win in Georgia. I’ve placed Georgia in my rear-view mirror. Unless something unforeseen happens between now and November, Warnock will keep his seat. He’ll probably win by 5 points or around there. I’m focused on PA and NV in the senate, some on NC.

36 house democrats are either retiring or running for higher office vs. 18 Republicans. Open seats are much easier to flip than beating an incumbent. Greger has this right.

Then for Rick, there’s this.

Republicans Gain Edge as Voters Worry About Economy, Times/Siena Poll Finds

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans-gain-edge-voters-worry-114543299.html

Regardless of all the above, I still see the Republicans gain 11-13 house seats and control. While the senate stays at 50-50 or the Democrats gain a seat, PA for a 51-49 advantage if they don't lose NV. NV is interesting as Hispanics are voting more and more Republican. Which is a huge win for the Democrats as the historical average with a president whose approval is hovering around 40% is 48.5 house seats lost, 6 senate seats lost along with 4.25 governorships. The Democrats are posed to gain at 3 governorships. 3 weeks to go, things can and will change.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
And these are the folks who terrify you? The ones who will drag America down to a watery grave?

Will his honorary badge be enough to get him appointed to the presidency?

Republican Democracy won't require silly debates or voting. Just manliness and a strong jawline.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Who cares, Walker isn’t going to win in Georgia.

That's what I meant to say. Folks like him aint worth wasting a click on.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
1 member likes this: perotista
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
Its a mystery, the Republicans never tell anybody what they are going to do, only what they don't like. They also don't do much as well. Except they seem to win a lot.

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by jgw
Its a mystery, the Republicans never tell anybody what they are going to do, only what they don't like. They also don't do much as well. Except they seem to win a lot.
Social media was filled with what the Republicans were going to do on J6.

¯\_( : / )_/¯

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by perotista
Who cares, Walker isn’t going to win in Georgia. I’ve placed Georgia in my rear-view mirror. Unless something unforeseen happens between now and November, Warnock will keep his seat. He’ll probably win by 5 points or around there. I’m focused on PA and NV in the senate, some on NC.

36 house democrats are either retiring or running for higher office vs. 18 Republicans. Open seats are much easier to flip than beating an incumbent. Greger has this right.
FiveThirtyEight has the house spread at between 6 and 11, which I think is about right. There are definitely going to be surprises. The polls are not picking up a lot of activity, in my view. We're getting close to crunch time, and the question is really who shows up - committed activists, or died-in-the wool base voters. Early voting has started.

Originally Posted by perotista
Regardless of all the above, I still see the Republicans gain 11-13 house seats and control. While the senate stays at 50-50 or the Democrats gain a seat, PA for a 51-49 advantage if they don't lose NV. NV is interesting as Hispanics are voting more and more Republican. Which is a huge win for the Democrats as the historical average with a president whose approval is hovering around 40% is 48.5 house seats lost, 6 senate seats lost along with 4.25 governorships. The Democrats are posed to gain at 3 governorships. 3 weeks to go, things can and will change.
I think after the dust settles, it will be 50 Dem, 48 Rep, and 2 Independents in the Senate. I am hoping for a couple a startling upsets - Johnson in WI, and Rubio in Florida (one can dream). If McMullen could pull off Utah, I would be ecstatic!

On the House side I am much more pessimistic. I wish the video of Pelosi on January 6 got more circulation. She was nails.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
2 members like this: Jeffery J. Haas, perotista
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
As for specifics, I think Fetterman takes PA (+1D), Warnock Holds GA, Ryan eeks out Ohio (+2D), Johnson stays in the Senate (what a waste of human DNA), Kelly keeps his seat in AZ, but the two true tossups I see are Masto in NV, and Beasley in NC. If both of those go Dem, things could get interesting. But I don't know who might eke it out, there. Sadly, Rubio will still be in the Senate, too. Deming is just too qualified to represent Florida.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by jgw
In our two-party electoral system, the party out of power doesn’t have to. Elections are usually a referendum on the party in power. If a voter likes what is happening and what the party in power is doing, they'll vote to keep them in power. Don’t like what the party in power is doing or what is happening, your situation, you vote for the party out of power. There’s only one viable choice or alternative to the party in power, the party out of power. This has been our system since Andrew Jackson established the modern Democratic Party which opposition to him and his party formed the Whigs, later the Republican Party replaced the Whigs. Since Old Hickory, this has been our only real choices.

As I said many times, the party out of power doesn’t have to stand for anything, do anything, say anything, they just have to be there as an alternative to the party in power. At least for swing voters or independents. Those who call themselves Republicans and Democrats are going to vote for their party’s candidates. Independents tend to vote for the party in power when their happy, vote for the party out of power when they’re not or dissatisfied with or angry at the party in power. It’s really quite simple.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Turns out, Corporate greed is responsible for inflation. Quelle surprise. crazy

Page 51 of 86 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard