WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Watching the Supreme Court
by jgw - 04/26/24 04:59 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by Jeffery J. Haas - 04/26/24 03:02 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 04/24/24 04:33 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 04/24/24 02:19 PM
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 04/22/24 01:03 PM
Netanyahu Says Never to a State for Palestinians
by chunkstyle - 04/22/24 12:32 PM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 04/18/24 05:56 PM
Abortion
by pdx rick - 04/14/24 03:23 PM
Did Trump abuse his daughter when she was underage?
by pdx rick - 04/12/24 09:05 PM
Why Trump smells so bad
by pdx rick - 04/10/24 07:42 PM
The 14th Amendment and Donald Trump
by jgw - 04/09/24 05:41 PM
Trump and Satan. One and the same?
by pdx rick - 04/06/24 03:52 PM
Billionaires returning to Trump's cult
by jgw - 04/04/24 07:06 PM
Myths of Easter and other religious holidays
by pdx rick - 04/02/24 08:11 PM
Trump thinks he is the only god America needs
by Doug Thompson - 03/31/24 08:44 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,001,760 my own book page
5,012,164 We shall overcome
4,192,444 Campaign 2016
3,791,752 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,048 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,271
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,083
Posts313,680
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
I was watching the Seattle news last week. I think it was channel 5. Anyway, the guy at king 5 was made aware that one of the places counting said they had 88 bad ballots. Address doesn't not exist, dead people voting, bad names, etc. So, the channel 5 guy thought he would find out if that was right. He just went out and found that every one of the ballots was just fine and somebody in the counting took it upon themselves to 'fix' problems that didn't exist.

Then it went away. As far as I can tell nothing happened, and the entire thing was ignored by the power that be in that particular counting place. One would wonder if anybody got arrested! Since I have not found King 5 talking about it I googled; "Seattle ballots mishandled" and there is a LOT of stuff there!

I just thought I would put this out there. Seems that the Republican folks are determined to win elections by messing with the ballots. I can't figure out if anybody is doing anything about this or not but, I assume, somebody is. I guess this might be yet another one of them "in the fullness of time' things. One can only wonder.

1 member likes this: pdx rick
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by jgw
I was watching the Seattle news last week. I think it was channel 5. Anyway, the guy at king 5 was made aware that one of the places counting said they had 88 bad ballots. Address doesn't not exist, dead people voting, bad names, etc. So, the channel 5 guy thought he would find out if that was right. He just went out and found that every one of the ballots was just fine and somebody in the counting took it upon themselves to 'fix' problems that didn't exist.

Then it went away. As far as I can tell nothing happened, and the entire thing was ignored by the power that be in that particular counting place. One would wonder if anybody got arrested! Since I have not found King 5 talking about it I googled; "Seattle ballots mishandled" and there is a LOT of stuff there!

I just thought I would put this out there. Seems that the Republican folks are determined to win elections by messing with the ballots. I can't figure out if anybody is doing anything about this or not but, I assume, somebody is. I guess this might be yet another one of them "in the fullness of time' things. One can only wonder.

Well gee whiz, when you think about the fact that, to date, almost NO ONE has gotten punished, or if they did, it was a slap on the wrist or a sternly written reprimand.

So why not!

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
We don't know the political make-up of the ballots or the person who claimed the ballots were invalid. Given that the ballots were Seattle ballots - it's not rocket science to put two and two together.

We don't want to be too accusatory of Republicans, but their recent actions do speak for themselves.
(Was that statement too mean and hateful?)

Contrarian, extraordinaire

J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
I just saw it again last night. Apparently nobody gave a damn.

J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
Ahh! a true Democrat. Attacking, even a little bit, is bad manners? (even thought they will stick to their messages and attack with a will)

As far as I, and a LOT of talking heads, think that the Democrats are determined to lose this election no matter what!

I also REALLY hope I am wrong!

enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
JGW – I think you need to look at the historical averages for a party in power, full control, who has a president hovering around the 40% overall job approval. Biden is at 42%. The historical average is 48.5 house seats lost, 6 senate seats and 4.25 governors. Midterms have always been a referendum on the party in power.

Projected today is a loss of around 15 house seats, either a gain of 1 or a loss of 1 or the senate remaining in a tie. Governors could be a wash or another pickup of 1 or a loss of 1. That’s real good when looking at the historical average. Not what you or anyone on this site wants to hear, but I would place it in the category of a Democratic victory in besting, actually troucing the historical average when a president is hovering around 40%. To expect the Democrats to keep control of both chambers of congress is like living in a fantasy land. Not in your wildest dreams. The GOP needed but a net gain of 5 seats to retake the house and 1 senate seat to take control of the senate.

The main problem this time around in the house is the Republicans gained 13 house seats in 2020 all the while Biden was winning by 7 plus million votes. A lot of ticket splitters in 2020 voting for Biden, in reality against Trump more than for Biden, then Republican down ballot. Add to that the number of Democratic house incumbents that decided to retire or seek higher office this year leaving a whopping 36 open seats vs. 16 for the Republicans. Open seats are much easier to flip, switch than beating an incumbent.

For some reason, independents seem to like divided government. They elected Bill Clinton, then 2 years later gave him a Republican congress. Then they elect G.W. Bush and in 2006, give him a Democratic congress. If not for 9-11, independents would have given Bush a Democratic congress in 2002 instead of waiting until 2006. They elect Obama in 2008, then give Obama a Republican House in 2010 and a Republican senate in 2014. Independents elected Trump in 2016 and promptly gave him a Democratic house in 2018. One shouldn’t be surprised if independents give Biden a Republican house this year. It seems that is normal procedure for independents. Perhaps independents are trying to tell the two major parties something they don’t want to listen to?

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
I have been saying, for years, that the Dems have to sit down and all agree on messaging. They just can't seem to do even that much. I have watched a woman who has been a senator for 30 years not even bother to go after her opponent until the very end and she just might lose. That's only one of them that just couldn't bring themselves to go after their opponent, until the very end. I think that the very end is not particularly bright.

The Republicans are wide open to attack but most Dems just will not do that. My fear is that their inability to do that will lose them their elections. Biden is the same, he has spent a lot of time talking about what he has done but rarely does he mention little things like the Republicans not having any solutions at all. It just goes on and on.

You are basing your thought on the election on logic and good sense. I base mine on a so-called political party that just can't seem to fight for itself. The Republicans, however, stick to their messages and they convince others.

Now, I think, we get to reap the rewards.............

Link Copied to Clipboard