WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
L
Regarding the agenda put forth by McCarthy’s House, I predict that the entire upcoming two years of “investigations” and obstruction of good sense will be a series of reruns of the Speaker selection circus - to be known in history as The UnGovernment.

The investigations will be so incompetent, disorganized, and generally chaotic that they will result in little more than a treasure trove of Dem campaign soundbites for 2024. The only downside is that we will see two years of missed opportunities for any actual national problem-solving.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
2 members like this: pdx rick, NW Ponderer
veteran
veteran
Have you ever watched utube vids of Republicans asking questions in Congressional hearings? The only question ever asked has a presumption of some crime having been committed and are used solely as soundbites for the base. I don't know why the people testifying don't turn it around on these clowns and respond with an implication the questioner is the actual guilty person.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by logtroll
... they will result in little more than a treasure trove of Dem campaign soundbites for 2024. The only downside is that we will see two years of missed opportunities for any actual national problem-solving.
That is all they are intended to be. The GOP has devolved into a collection of YouTubers and Twitter Trolls. The most honest moment of the McCarthy fiasco was Mike Rogers going after Matt Gaetz (why did anyone restrain him!?).

The collective wisdom of the GOP couldn't fill a teacup.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
1 member likes this: pdx rick
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
I didn't actually see the 14th and 15th Speaker votes on C-SPAN, but I was live blogging it on Joe My God in real time. The other bloggers were giving a play by play of what they were seeing on C-SPAN.

Crazy, crazy evening. crazy

Contrarian, extraordinaire

enthusiast
enthusiast
I predicted several times here that the new Republican controlled house would be a political payback, revenge house. That sooner or later they’d impeach Biden for nothing more than the democrats impeached Trump twice. That McCarthy would payback Pelosi for denying the minority leader his choices to serve on the 1-6 committee by denying certain democrats any committee assignments. This is beginning to take place.

McCarthy expected to keep 3 Democrats off House committees

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/mccarthy-expected-keep-3-democrats-220300965.html

Also, more investigations into Hunter Biden and an investigation into the 1-6 committee itself. Along with an investigation into our southern border, which also has begun with impeachment motion being filed. I forget what else I predicted, but all involved political paybacks, revenge against the Democrats.

House Republican files articles of impeachment against DHS Secretary Mayorkas

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...t-filed-dhs-secretary-mayorkas-rcna65174

This is just the beginning. Setting precedence like Reid did with the nuclear option which McConnell escalated, Pelosi being the first speaker to deny the minority leader his choice of who he places on committees in our history, which McCarthy is escalating, etc. Simply means this Republican house is much more interested in political paybacks, revenge than governing. If the Democrats didn’t believe or think the GOP would retaliate and escalate, they were mighty dumb.

How all this revenge tactics plays out; we’ll have to wait and see.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Republiclowns "investigated" Benghazi NINE times. NINE!!! They're as useless as teats on a boar. smile

[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]

Contrarian, extraordinaire

L
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
L
If the Democrats didn’t believe or think the GOP would retaliate and escalate, they were mighty dumb.

Of course, everybody knew that. The point of the OP is that their brash and bumbling incompetence is not going to favorably impress anyone who is not already deeply delusional, and it is likely that their infighting will increase. My prediction is that GOP power is scheduled to erode significantly, due to who and what they have become.

There is no comparison between what Trump was impeached for (either time), nor his criminality to what the Reeps threaten. The performance of the J6 committee was incredibly well researched and orchestrated. Did you notice that they used only right-wing testimony to make their case? The Reeps' performances are guaranteed to be s**tshows.

The idea that if a right action is taken against a wrongdoer is inadvisable, because the wingnuts will retaliate, is a capitulation to a spiral into social and political decay. Frankly, I find it encouraging that the Dems are not much willing to play the retaliation/escalation game.

R. Buckminster Fuller
1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
enthusiast
enthusiast
While I agree with you logtroll, I’m always looking at how these actions will affect the next election. The infighting among Republicans probably will have more effect than denying a couple of democrats any committee assignment or even impeaching Biden if that happens which I predict will.

The question then becomes how many people will care if the exclusion of a couple of democrats from committee assignments is valid or if impeaching Biden is done for valid reasons or political revenge? I’ll take a SWAG and say probably more than half won’t care.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
L
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
L
I don't think the appointment of Dems to committees will have much effect either. What I am talking about is the show. For whatever crazy reason, Trump could whip up and consolidate the base with his lies, blame, and posturing, I attribute that to a "charisma" effect that he has, which makes him a successful con man, in spite of all factual reality.

I don't see that in any of the horde of wackos that are now fighting for power and relevance in the GOP. They are fractured, frantic, wannabe bullies - there is no cohesive force among them. I predict the result to be two years of incoherent caterwauling.

R. Buckminster Fuller
veteran
veteran
they’d impeach Biden for nothing more than the democrats impeached Trump twice
Every time you mention Trump's two time impeachments, it sounds as if you don't think there was legitimate grounds for those proceedings. It must have been a "perfect" call and it must have been a "routine tourist group".

Pelosi being the first speaker to deny the minority leader his choice of who he places on committees in our history
From above since it was nothing more than a tourist group, there can be no investigation into two Congressmen who participated in planning the group visit, therefore Rep Pelosi was wrong to keep them off the committee. She had no objection to anyone who was not being investigated .... it's a clue.

The polls indicate it's half and half, therefore I will conclude it must not have happened .... o my lying eyes.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard