WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
The reality is they don't have to create fiction.

The infrastructure is in place and the courts are primed and ready to decide in favor of Republicans. Republican legislatures have already structured voting qualifications geared to reduce Democrat votes but mere slim thousands (which may be all that is necessary for Republicans to outright win) and if that fails then voting boards now have the legislative right and mandate to disallow any votes they deem as fraudulent including whole counties. If they can't win at that level then they have courts with Rump appointed judges willing to side with Republicans in any voting issue. If they don't win at that point, they have an armed contingent of House members who will side with any insurrectionists willing to disrupt federal proceedings (under a blanket pardon) to throw out Democrat certified electors.

So if a rigged election is what you have in mind .... well the Republicans have the Hungarian lock on winning the 2024.

I am not sure a massive Democrat (or anti-Republican) turnout will be enough to ensure Democracy survives

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

2 members like this: NW Ponderer, pdx rick
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Senior defense analyst and former naval aviator Brynn Tannehill wrote a piece for The New Republic titled: “People Aren’t Facing Up to the Horrors a New Trump Term Would Bring.”

"People forget just how awful the Trump presidency was: daily chaos, naked power grabs, corruption, pandering to religious extremists, weaponization of government for personal vendettas, degradation of our democracy, and the constant assault on the rights of women, persons of color, and LGBTQ people."

Tannehill continues:

[Trump is] “coming back with the entire conservative apparatus at his back, having spent four years in the wilderness methodically planning how to permanently alter the political and legal landscape of the country to favor an anti-democratic minority.”

Per the New York Times, Donald Trump and his top allies are planning to massively reorganize the entire executive branch to hand him unprecedented power and decimate the constitutional basis of checks and balances, should he win re-election next year.

Luckily, for us democracy-loving folks, Trump will get nowhere near the White House as a result of the 2024 election. A J6 indictment is imminent, and that trial will be in DC and most likely wrap up before Aileen Cannon's May 20, 2024 trail in Florida for Trump's theft of national secret docs, even begins.

Most people are no aware that for whatever reason, Trump brought back the firing squad during his reign of terror. The firing squad would be the most appropriate form of punishment for the sick, twisted, demented-minded orange clown who once presided over America.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

K
enthusiast
enthusiast
K
Luckily, for us democracy-loving folks, Trump will get nowhere near the White House as a result of the 2024 election.
I wouldn't count on that. That third party is going to spoil it for Biden. Trump will win in 2024. Trump will run because he IS above the law. He will never pay the price for what he has caused.
The only thing that will stop that is if something were to happen to his health that would stop him from winning.
I just hope the senate and congress goes/stays Democratic controlled. That will be our only hope of holding on to our democracy. All other outcomes appear to me like we will be an autocratic government. I sure hope I end up being totally wrong on this, but the indicators I am seeing/feeling lead me this way.

Good doesn't always win!
1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
RFKJr is too much of a nutjob to make a dent into ol' Joe's numbers. The fact that Rwingers love him, says everything.

Originally Posted by Kaine
[I just hope the senate and congress goes/stays Democratic controlled. That will be our only hope of holding on to our democracy.
I agree.

K
enthusiast
enthusiast
K
I was thinking more towards Joe Manchin with the No Labels group. I think he could make a big enough dent to help Biden lose.

Good doesn't always win!
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
The only reason to vote for someone is to ensure that they win.

Munchin would never win a POTUS' election. Essentially anyone voting for a 3rd party Munchin would be throwing their vote way - they might as well not vote.

I'm not worried about the No Labels attempt. I get that a lot of folks don't want either Trump or ol' Joe, but 3rd party is not as popular as when Ross Perot tried it.

K
enthusiast
enthusiast
K
I didn't say a 3rd party could win. I know at this time, they could not. But, they don't have to win for Trump to again take office. I do think there are enough people that won't vote for Trump or Biden but would for Manchin (or someone else depending on who it is) to throw it to Trump.

Good doesn't always win!
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Munchin won't get votes...he's not popular with anybody but the fossil fuel industry.

A lot of women both R & D are still pissed at the SCOTUS Ruling over Roe in 2022. The economy is doing well. Unemployment is down. Inflation is under control. The stock market is humming.

So far the GOP's 2024 campaign appears to be:
- Biden has a 7th grandchild
- Someone left coke in the West Wing
- Biden refuses to disown his son Hunter
- Roll back rights for Black people
- LGBTQ people are coming to steal your children
- We still support the guy with 74 alleged felonies (...with more coming! smile )

Meanwhile the Colorado and Arizona republican parties are flat broke after placating the stolen election lie and the Michigan GOP can’t stop fighting with each other.

1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Apparently, more state Republican Parties are bankrupt:

Rachael Maddow's segment on GOP financial troubles. Colorado GOP is considering not having a state primary at all. They have taken on all their fake elector's legal fees, and their usual big money donors don't see Republicans as a good return on investment.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
1 member likes this: Kaine
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Apparently, more state Republican Parties are bankrupt:

Rachael Maddow's segment on GOP financial troubles. Colorado GOP is considering not having a state primary at all. They have taken on all their fake elector's legal fees, and their usual big money donors don't see Republicans as a good return on investment.

If so many state branches of the party are bankrupt and the party still has the power to wreck democracy, what do you think that means?

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard