WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Watching the Supreme Court
by jgw - 04/26/24 04:59 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by Jeffery J. Haas - 04/26/24 03:02 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 04/24/24 04:33 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 04/24/24 02:19 PM
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 04/22/24 01:03 PM
Netanyahu Says Never to a State for Palestinians
by chunkstyle - 04/22/24 12:32 PM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 04/18/24 05:56 PM
Abortion
by pdx rick - 04/14/24 03:23 PM
Did Trump abuse his daughter when she was underage?
by pdx rick - 04/12/24 09:05 PM
Why Trump smells so bad
by pdx rick - 04/10/24 07:42 PM
The 14th Amendment and Donald Trump
by jgw - 04/09/24 05:41 PM
Trump and Satan. One and the same?
by pdx rick - 04/06/24 03:52 PM
Billionaires returning to Trump's cult
by jgw - 04/04/24 07:06 PM
Myths of Easter and other religious holidays
by pdx rick - 04/02/24 08:11 PM
Trump thinks he is the only god America needs
by Doug Thompson - 03/31/24 08:44 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,001,760 my own book page
5,012,164 We shall overcome
4,192,444 Campaign 2016
3,791,752 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,048 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,271
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,083
Posts313,680
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#348198 03/08/24 05:19 PM
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
So, who watched? Impressions? I watched live. I gave up on the "response" fairly early on. It felt like a live-action Deepfake.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
1 member likes this: logtroll
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
He neglected only one thing, as far as I could tell. I was hoping that he would have said something to the prime minister of Israel like "no more bombs until you start to agree with me and stop the slaughter". It would, I think, really help..

I also got a note from Gaven Newsom telling me that the Republicans have a pile of attack ads. We keep being told that the Dems have lots of money (more than the other side) and yet there seems to be no Dem ads yet. Wonder when they are going to do that one. I mention that as I don't see any Dem ads and have been wondering why. Given that, other than last night, the Dems have pretty much been silent.

Other than that it was a pretty good one!

Last edited by jgw; 03/08/24 07:35 PM.
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Joe Biden gave tribute to the possibility that government can work. He laid out one after another policy that makes sense, and often as not, saves money. He talked about real policy successes. Ol' Joe promised to fight against past policy disasters.

Joe laid out one after another policy that voters overwhelmingly support. Behind him, Speaker Johnson squirmed, often shaking his head. Republicans sat sourly, bitterly, usually in silence - notwithstanding the occasional outburst from the emotionally unwell Margie Taylor-Greene.

Decent voters could see that Republicans collectively want government to fail, want popular policies to fail.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
So, who watched? Impressions? I watched live. I gave up on the "response" fairly early on. It felt like a live-action Deepfake.
The response lady seemed emotionally unhinged, wild-eyed and very unstable.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

L
veteran
veteran
L
I heard that is was a great speech only because Biden's handlers had him massively medicated - some say with speed.

(Somehow I don't think speed would make a senile dementia patient able to give a one hour long coherent speech that included sparring humorously with hostile audience members, would it?)

No one I've asked will tell me what the magic juice actually was, but I think paired with Ozempic it could save human civilization!

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
I held off giving my impression until others had weighed in. While not perfect- Biden is not a good public speaker - it was well-structured and -delivered. His ad libs were, perhaps, the best part of it, and, I think, most importantly, dispelled a lot of the "sleepy Joe" rhetoric. It was a great environment for his "coming out".

I think it was his best performance as President - energetic, feisty, on point, and specific. I actually found it rousing and unboring. I particularly liked his aside to the Supreme Court.

The response was a gross admixture of Stepford Wives and SNL parody and was "uncanny valley" throughout. Another Republican "rising star" flame-out (joining Bobby Jindal and Marco Rubio in the Hall of Shame). Talk about tone deaf.

Biden followed up with a really great ad.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
1 member likes this: pdx rick
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
Today, I think, Biden is going into where most of the Palestinians reside. It will be interesting what happens. Remember, the UK and USA, together, moved in the Israelites thereby saving the UK from any more attacks from the Zionists who were claiming that THEY were entitled to Palestine and backed that up with guns, attacks, etc. At the time, if I remember correctly, we bought them some land for their homeland. The Zionists continue to believe, to this day, that the Palestinians have absolutely no right to have ANY land there and its all theirs. Today there is a guy named Netanyahu running Israel and he has publicly stated that he wants ALL Palestinians gone and has proven it by bombing the hell out of them and killing a LOT of Women and Children. He has killed, so far, over 35,000 Palestinians this time around. The Muslims, on the other side, never agreed to have them planted in the middle of what they consider theirs and some are doing that with guns as well. One can go on, for some time, about all of this but that is, basically, what all of this is about.

The United States wants to establish an independent country, in Palestine for the Palestinians and Netanyahu is against it and the Palestinians are swinging in the wind. Up to now the Israelis have been treating them as intruders sometimes killing them for sports and cheap labor (close to slavery) which, over the years, kinda lit the pot.

Anyway, that is, pretty much, what Biden will be walking into today. I do not envy him. He has been trying to be in favor of both sides and has left him, in this instance, with neither side. Both of the sides are full of really upset, slightly crazed folk and that is just the beginning. One can only wonder why we have even been involved in this mess in the first place. I guess we were helping the UK and now, it seems, we are the goat. I wish Biden luck.

Link Copied to Clipboard