WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Watching the Supreme Court
by jgw - 04/26/24 04:59 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by Jeffery J. Haas - 04/26/24 03:02 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 04/24/24 04:33 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 04/24/24 02:19 PM
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 04/22/24 01:03 PM
Netanyahu Says Never to a State for Palestinians
by chunkstyle - 04/22/24 12:32 PM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 04/18/24 05:56 PM
Abortion
by pdx rick - 04/14/24 03:23 PM
Did Trump abuse his daughter when she was underage?
by pdx rick - 04/12/24 09:05 PM
Why Trump smells so bad
by pdx rick - 04/10/24 07:42 PM
The 14th Amendment and Donald Trump
by jgw - 04/09/24 05:41 PM
Trump and Satan. One and the same?
by pdx rick - 04/06/24 03:52 PM
Billionaires returning to Trump's cult
by jgw - 04/04/24 07:06 PM
Myths of Easter and other religious holidays
by pdx rick - 04/02/24 08:11 PM
Trump thinks he is the only god America needs
by Doug Thompson - 03/31/24 08:44 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 12 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,001,761 my own book page
5,012,178 We shall overcome
4,192,470 Campaign 2016
3,791,778 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,075 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,271
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,083
Posts313,681
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#348234 03/18/24 05:29 AM
Honcho
old hand
OP Offline
Honcho
old hand
Trump and his MAGA maggots must pay the price
He and his brain-dead lemmings are the greatest and most dangerous terrorist threats America faces.

By DOUG THOMPSON
March 17, 2024

[video:youtube]
[/video]
Courtesy of MSNBC and “Morning Joe” and YouTube.

Former Republican Congressman Joe Scarborough, host of the MSNBC show “Morning Joe” is also a former Republican who quit the party in disgust as it turned into a criminal gang propaganda operation of con artist and criminal and traitor Donald Trump, says the American justice system, the elected representatives of Congress and a rabid minority have failed the nation and its future.

Our only remaining chance to save our crippled democratic republic, he says, lies with voters in this year’s presidential election.

As an American and a career news reporter and photojournalist for more than 60 years, I agree and applaud his efforts. Please watch and listen to the video above and then read on:

As many of our readers on Capitol Hill Blue know, I made my decision to become a newsman and photojournalist at age 11 when I sold my first news photo of a Ku Klux Klan meeting in a field at night in Prince Edward County, Va. in 1959, where a racist local government and school board had shut down the county’s public schools to refuse a federal court order to integrate.

They opened an all-white private school supported by local taxes and deprived minority children an education for years. My family fled the county and moved to a rural Appalachian county in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwestern Virginia where the schools were integrated.

Yes, racism existed in that county as well and we saw the defiance and hatred of bigotry displayed on Nov. 23, 1963, when the school board there did not postpone a senior class comedy performance on the day when President John Kennedy died.

On that fateful day, I was in hight school and also worked full-time as a reporter and photographer for the local paper, I interviewed local residents who praised the killing of an American president because his brother, the U.S attorney general, worked hard on integrating schools. Several called him a “n—-r lover.” A photo of a local Black woman crying over the death of the President brought angry letters and canceled subscriptions.

After graduating high school, I joined the staff of the daily Roanoke Times where the paper received hate mail for publishing photos of Black brides in wedding announcements.

In Roanoke in 1968, I covered protests in the city’s Black area over the assassination of Dr. Martn Luther King and a “competing” gaggle of racist whites praised King’s murder and shouted hateful, obscene insults at any person of color. Ironically, I left Roanoke in 1969 to join the staff of the The Telegraph in Alton, IL, the birthplace of James Earl Ray, convicted of King’s murder.

Besides reporting and photography, I also wrote a twice weekly opinion column. In one, I wrote about experiences of the racism in Prince Edward County, Va. and covering events like the assassination of Dr King. In the column, I noted that when I researched more James Early Ray’s life, I found he was born not in a hospital but in the family home in Alton.

I visited the home in the 1970s and found it was owned by a Black famiily that did not know it was the ancestra home of the convicted killer of Dr. King.

Afterr writing the column, an AME church asked me to speak to their congregation. In my remarks,I said finding a Black family now living in the home where the convicted killer of our nation’s Civil Rights leader might, I hoped, be seen as a sign that the racist hate that once existed there had died and could die elsewhere. Sadly, the home was later firebombed. Hate still lived.

The hate that continues to thrive in America is, I feel, directly attributable to the original election, and the possible return of a hater and racist like Donald Trump after the four-year respite provided by Joe Biden.

I find it hateful, despicable and racist that Republicans, once considered the party of Abraham Lincoln, are now controlled by the despotic, racist, criminal Trump, who openly admits he admires murderous dictators like Russian leader Vladimir Putin.

Trump promises to pardon the thugs and criminals who trashed, ransacked and terrorized the American Capitol on Jan. 6. 2021. He praised murderous thugs who attacked police officers trying to defend the seat of American democracy in acts of sedition he urged.

Courts have proven him a sexual predator, rapist , fraud and more. He has accepted court judgments that found him committing fraud while wiping out the life savings of seniors with his “get rich” schemes like “Trump University.” Audits reveal he is a tax cheat. He drained millions from the treasury during his first presidential term and his party of “MAGA Maggots” want to put him back to keep doing more of the same.

On his show, Scarborough says any “normal person” who has been caught doing just a few of these criminal things would have been convicted and left to rot in prison long ago.

Trump is not normal. Another former Republican lawyer George Conway calls Trump a “narcissistic psychopath.” He is a constant liar caught in thousands upon thousands of lies by proven fact checkers. He is now the hateful face of the Republican party.

Trump and those who support his evil are enemies of the state and should be treated as what they are: Vile racist thugs and TRAITORS.

It is the role of a newspaperman to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
-- Finley Peter Dunne
1 member likes this: pdx rick
veteran
veteran
Trump and those who support his evil are enemies of the state
and yet ... should this traitor to the Constitution be elected .... you and I will become enemies of the state

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

1 member likes this: pdx rick
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Trump plans to hire convicted money launderer and former business partner of an alleged Russian spy Paul Manafort to work on his campaign - and to possibly to help fundraise.

There is absolutely no dispute that Manafort sent campaign data to Kilimnik during the 2016 Trump campaign to share with his Ukrainian backers and Oleg Deripaska. Manafort simply maintained that he only instructed Rick Gates to share public data (Kilimnik’s other business partner, Sam Patten, said Manafort shared internal data). But the polling data has never been the key point. They key point was, weeks before the Russians started stealing Hillary’s internal modeling, Manafort told Kilimnik how he planned to win the race in the swing states - Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and also Minnesota - where Trump ultimately did win it.

Robert Mueller didn’t just accuse Manafort of lying during the period when he was supposed to be cooperating. Judge Amy Berman Jackson ruled that he had.

Paul Manafort lied to cover up what really happened between him and Konstantin Kilimnik, and Donald Trump pardoned Manafort to reward those lies.

A Senate Intelligence Committee report on Trump and Russia said Konstantin Kilimnik was both “a Russian intelligence officer” and “an integral part of Manafort’s operations in Ukraine and Russia.”

Manafort's August 2, 2016 meeting. Kilimnik pitched Manafort on a plan to carve up Ukraine (Manafort ultimately admitted that Kilimnik did; he just claimed he didn’t buy into the plan at that point). And Manafort talked about how to get paid by his Ukrainian backers and get his debt with Oleg Deripaska relieved.

That is, the meeting at least maps the outline of a quid pro quo: a commitment to carve up Ukraine in exchange for millions and help winning the election.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

K
enthusiast
enthusiast
K
I find it really sad, that about 35% of the American people, love Trump! I don't understand, how they do not see what he is about to do to this country, or what he has already done to it! How they can think that his actions and comments are good for the country, or for themselves!

Good doesn't always win!
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
I watched a not young woman claim that she "loved" Trump, was not interested in anything anybody had to say about him as she knew he was gifted by God to help us. I am having serious questions about this stuff. I have others with approximately the same kind of stuff. I scares the hell out of me! I start wondering how many loons we have. We have a gun situation in this nation wherein more children are losing their lives from guns than anything else! This is a known fact yet OUR congress refuses to do a damned thing about it! I can go on, and on, but the simple fact is that we have serious problems, identified by a lot of different people and yet, it seems to be getting worse and worse! Basically, we can identify really serious problems, identify people that are not right in the head, etc and nothing gets done!

We have a government out there loaning money to children. Between the loan and the interest there are some that have paid in so much that its approximately 3 times of the debt. Some have been paying for OVER 20 years! They still haven't been able to pay it back! Its worse than buying a house! I know several doctors who, even with the money they make can't make a dent in the actual debt. Its a disgrace! There is a way to take care of the mess, its quite easy. You stop the interest and apply all paid interest to the loans (ie, get my country out of the banking business). That would take care of most of it and fix it so those left can actually pay off the loan, and is easy. Instead he has been making some loans just go away whilst the companies that collect the money has been getting incredibly rich by pocketing all the interest. This one is, uh, well, you know.

My thought is that we are living in VERY strange times. I have been around for a while now and senseless seems to be the new way. I actually wonder how long we can survive like this. None of this stuff is new, most of us know all about it you nothing changes. We are currently wondering who will win the presidency between two men. One of the men is a liar, a rapist, a thief and a criminal. One could provide a VERY long list of his bad deeds. That, however makes no difference to a voting public who, I think, are simply not real good when it comes to reality.

Oh, one last example that might interest. Its our failure to help Ukraine. This is is something. Putin took his time. He took a little bit from this country, then another and another and, then, decided on Ukraine because he had no problems. Instead of sending soldiers to try and stop Russia rule the world we got to send money and stuff to Ukraine and they do the fighting! We are not sending troops. If Russia wins there we will eventually have to go to work with the rest of Europe to save our own sad butts. This is the way of things. The majority of Europe is starting to get ready for war, right now, because we are failing. We will be there, with our army, we have done it before because we too will, eventually remember how it works. Only a few thousand American will get killed. It will, however, take a longer time, and be incredibly expensive, than it should due to the growing apparent insanities in the United States of America. One of the persons trying to be president thinks, incidentally, that the man running Russia is his pal. The current head of our Congressional house is a white christian that, apparently, believes Trump. Oh, one last. Putin says that he has nukes ready if we are too mean which, we are told, means the end of the world as we know it (those of us who survive)

As usual, I wish us all luck!!

Last edited by jgw; 03/22/24 06:14 PM.
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
The White Christens are interesting. They believe God made the earth 20,000 years ago thereby disagreeing with all the scientists who say it was a LOT longer than that. Then there is their thought on the current, scientific, weather. They do not believe, for instance, on global warming even thought we have, so far, lost something like half the ice in the arctic (and other places) which also means we have lost their capacity to cool the earth, thereby the global warming. Then there are all the Glaciers that have gone away. The Olympic National Park has lost of of theirs. They have a number of these beliefs. It all has to do with a very active God doing mean stuff to everybody I think.

I guess I don't understand - oh well, Praise the Lord!!!

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
MAGAts = MAGA + maggots

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Link Copied to Clipboard