WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Watching the Supreme Court
by jgw - 04/26/24 04:59 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by Jeffery J. Haas - 04/26/24 03:02 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 04/24/24 04:33 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 04/24/24 02:19 PM
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 04/22/24 01:03 PM
Netanyahu Says Never to a State for Palestinians
by chunkstyle - 04/22/24 12:32 PM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 04/18/24 05:56 PM
Abortion
by pdx rick - 04/14/24 03:23 PM
Did Trump abuse his daughter when she was underage?
by pdx rick - 04/12/24 09:05 PM
Why Trump smells so bad
by pdx rick - 04/10/24 07:42 PM
The 14th Amendment and Donald Trump
by jgw - 04/09/24 05:41 PM
Trump and Satan. One and the same?
by pdx rick - 04/06/24 03:52 PM
Billionaires returning to Trump's cult
by jgw - 04/04/24 07:06 PM
Myths of Easter and other religious holidays
by pdx rick - 04/02/24 08:11 PM
Trump thinks he is the only god America needs
by Doug Thompson - 03/31/24 08:44 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,001,760 my own book page
5,012,164 We shall overcome
4,192,444 Campaign 2016
3,791,752 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,048 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,271
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,083
Posts313,680
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by jgw
I have been watching the news and much of it is about Trump and his inability to come up with the bucks. Something dawned on me. Apparently the government, cannot, or will not take any property that is mortgaged, etc.

I suspect that everything the man has is mortgaged to the hilt.

Just saying...........
Trump is indeed highly mortgaged. His "ownership" is basically in name-only. There is a news report out today from Bloomberg News that New York Attorney General Letitia James is already making preparations to seize two of Trump's properties in New York's Westchester County as the Monday deadline for him to post bond in the civil fraud judgment nears.

The two properties are: Trump National Golf Club Westchester, and his Seven Springs estate - a 212-acre resort complex that is partially undeveloped.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
How about this - Donald Trump may be about to get $3 billion richer. But that likely won’t solve his cash crunch

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/donald-trump-may-3-billion-090029573.html

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by perotista
How about this - Donald Trump may be about to get $3 billion richer. But that likely won’t solve his cash crunch

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/donald-trump-may-3-billion-090029573.html
Only fools invest with Trump. Trump always seems to find new and clever ways to screw people over. An analysis that I read says, yes, initially, the private offering will bring in lots of money as it will be tied to Trump's brand, but as Trump's name gets dragged through the mud with his many upcoming criminal trials, the value of the media company will diminish.

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
As far as I can tell it kinda goes like this:
Another company will join with Trump's social network (named something like truth something which, of course is a clear cut lie). (the Company is, basically Chinese)
Anyway, then they are going to make it a new Social Network to compete with all the others like Facebook and X.

When this happens, we are told they will offer stocks to buy which is where the billions will come from. Its also interesting that Trump's current social network called "Truth Social". I tried to go there a couple of times just to see what was going on after I got something from them and failed both times as it was, I suspect, a personal joke on the part of Trump that didn't have the capacity to allow anybody to actually get on line.

It will be interesting to see if it really does change into a 3/4 Billion dollar social network. If this actually happens then we are all wasting our time. We should all try to setup a company and do the same thing. In Trump's case he is doing it for free as well!

The real question is whether this is really possible and, if so, what is to stop everybody to do the same thing. If that's a fact, and none of us have done it, then, I guess, we are ignorant fools and Trump is a freaking genius. If anybody here wants to set up a social network, for free, please let me know.

the current trump thing, https://truthsocial.com/, is listed and ready for you. I have been trying to open it since I have been writing this. Its still trying, no go...........

Here is where its all explained:
https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/what-is-truth-social-donald-trumps-social-network-explained

I gotta be missing something here! ??

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
The devil is in the details. Trump won't be able to cash-out for nine months - that is because if he sells too early, he'll tank the stock. Because he'll have to wait to sell, his many trials will take place diminishing his brand.

Plus Trump is being sued by two of the start-up partners with a total of four lawsuits currently flying around.

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
Trump, I think, is a real believer in Trump. He will sell as fast as he can but his contract says that he can't for 6 months. One can only wonder if he can figure out a way to get past that one.

I also wonder if anybody really knows about all of the suits against him. Every time I read something there are a couple others. I do know that there are people who have done work for him who have brought suits. People say that they just gave up but, given there may be attorney's involved they REALLY don't like to give up when money is involved.

Just saying............

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
The link in my post discusses the four suits. One suit by one of the originator partners says that Trump is trying to diminish their share of the company. Sounds like something greedy Trump would do.

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
I find it all pretty interesting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_World_Acquisition_Corp is a Chinese company (Digital World Acquisition Corp. (DWAC)). Its also interesting that Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) bought shares in that company. So we have a possible president doing relying on a Chinese company for survival and a loud mouthed Republican trouble maker invested in that Chinese company. My interest is that our media, our complete media, including TV from the majors have never even whispered the Chinese connection.

I have included the wikipedia description of the company in case anybody is interested. Apparently the company 'promised' they would split with China but there is nothing there that says that happened (I could have missed it, in which case, I am flat out wrong and apologize).Digital World Acquisition Corp. (DWAC)

There is this: https://www.newsweek.com/patrick-or...-social-severs-china-connections-1657236

The problem, if you read it all, is that it is a bit vague, and messy, about the Chinese connection.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard