WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Watching the Supreme Court
by jgw - 05/08/24 05:42 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by jgw - 05/08/24 05:37 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 05/08/24 02:32 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by Doug Thompson - 05/07/24 02:06 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/05/24 05:57 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 04/22/24 01:03 PM
Netanyahu Says Never to a State for Palestinians
by chunkstyle - 04/22/24 12:32 PM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Abortion
by pdx rick - 04/14/24 03:23 PM
Did Trump abuse his daughter when she was underage?
by pdx rick - 04/12/24 09:05 PM
Why Trump smells so bad
by pdx rick - 04/10/24 07:42 PM
The 14th Amendment and Donald Trump
by jgw - 04/09/24 05:41 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 11 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,001,880 my own book page
5,012,957 We shall overcome
4,192,653 Campaign 2016
3,791,936 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,250 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,271
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,086
Posts313,735
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
enthusiast
What a breath of fresh air! Bravo Mr. Netanyahu! It's about time someone started talking sense. The only path to peace in the Mideast is

* a Greater Isreal with the terrorists confined behind walls

* 25 mile deep, Israeli-controlled buffer zones in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt

* Regime change in an Iran devoid of infrastructure

How eager they are to be slaves - Tiberius Caesar

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan
CHB-OG
CHB-OG

Netanyahu never really believed in the two-state solution, which has the been the foundation of Mideast diplomatic initiatives for two decades, but he figured out that if he mouthed the words, he could gain access to the discussion table and slyly obstruct from there.

That's just what sociopaths do. Hmm

Contrarian, extraordinaire

1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
Ardy Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
from wiki

Netanyahu's father, Benzion, was a professor of Jewish history at Cornell University,[213] editor of the Encyclopaedia Hebraica, and a senior aide to Ze'ev Jabotinsky, who remained active in research and writing into his nineties. Regarding the Palestinian people, he stated: "That they won't be able to face [anymore] the war with us, which will include withholding food from Arab cities, preventing education, terminating electrical power and more. They won't be able to exist, and they will run away from here. But it all depends on the war, and whether we will win the battles with them."[214] Netanyahu has dismissed those who note similarities between his relentlessly hawkish views and those of his late father as "psychobabble". For example, David Remnick has written: "To understand Bibi, you have to understand the father."[215]

i

"It's not a lie if you believe it." -- George Costanza
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves. --Bertrand Russel
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
There is more going on in Palestine than the folks who tried to blow up Israel. How about the simple fact that Israel is taking Palestinian Homes. I read that the Jews of Palestine own all the land of Palestine because Rome took over Palestine several centuries ago. I do not think that is right nor do I think that there is anything legal about that. Anyway, Israel has been mis-treating Palestineans for a very long time and stealing their homes is just part of it. I should add that I am not anti jew, and don't really care about anybody's religion unless it causes me problems. I'm kinda old and, so far, I have never found somebody's religion to be effecting me and so its none of my business.

Its interesting. With all of the American-Israel-Palestine stuff going on. and all what's being said and reported this one is kinda ignored. The current problems, I suspect, have certainly caused some pretty bad blood between Israel and the Palestinians. That is especially true give that Israel has been slaughtering Palestinians with a will.

I was watching Netanyahu before anything happened and the man was REALLY down on the Palestinians. I read that then have been Israelis teenagers, that go into Palestinian areas to beat up, and sometimes kill Palestinians for pleasure! I have no idea if that is true but it has been reported. Anyway, there seems to me that this kind of behavior should be better reported.

Google "israel taking Palestinian homes" and read a bit about how Palestinians have been treated. Kinda interesting..........

I, for one, think that the Palestinians deserve to have there own country too.

1 member likes this: pdx rick
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
NutANDyahoo is a Zionist (Conservative Judaist). Zionists selfishly only want the land that Israel and the Palestinians now occupy all for themselves. This is why NutANDyahoo has inflicted so much carnage on the Palestinian people, currently. (Over 33,000 dead Palestinians since October 7, 2023 with 70% being women and children). This is contrary to the two-state solution proposed in 1948 when Israel was formed.

Rational folks who practice Judaism know the two-state solution is fair and reasonable and agree with the idea. Zionists won't give an inch. Ergo, the "problem" the area experiences today. Unfortunately, Israel's population is currently more Zionist than rational Judaists.

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
I think the simple fact is that Biden has already said there WILL be a Palestinian state. As far as I can tell that is one thing he will not give on. If it happens the Palestinians will actually have real freedom for the first time in a very long time.

I have read that Netanyahu really has no support except from the Israel hard right and would lose any election immediately. I think I heard that the last march against him was made with a MILLION anti-Netanyahu's and he doesn't stand a chance. Even most of Israel wants him gone.

I also firmly believe that his slaughter of the Palestinians was made on purpose. In speeches its obvious that he wants them ALL gone from their own lands. This is not a Jewish thing but yet another small group of extremists I think. The American way seems to be moving out to other places?

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by jgw
I also firmly believe that his slaughter of the Palestinians was made on purpose. In speeches its obvious that he wants them ALL gone from their own lands. This is not a Jewish thing but yet another small group of extremists I think.
Agreed. This is not a Jewish thing, it's a greedy conservative thing, by conservatives who happen to be Jewish.

2 members like this: Jeffery J. Haas, NW Ponderer
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
There is no way - none - that the genocide being perpetrated in Gaza is anything other than trying to bring to fruition Netanyahu's desire to eliminate the Palestinians as a people. He has said as much, and how anyone can argue otherwise it's mind boggling. Like Trump, we should take him literally and seriously.

Even the attack on World Central Kitchen was not an "accident". It was calculated to do exactly what it did - cut off aid to the population of Gaza. If the local commanders didn't intend this is irrelevant, it's what Bibi and his hand-picked confederates want. They are doing the absolute minimum to alleviate suffering in Gaza to give cover to their real intent. The IDF is obviously capable of doing so much more, but he won't allow it.

He's not just Zionist, he's a murderous fascist thug manipulating conditions to achieve his stated goal - "Israeli control from the river to the sea."

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
2 members like this: pdx rick, Jeffery J. Haas
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Conservative Jared Kushner said the quiet part out loud:
‘waterfront property could be very valuable’and says Israel should bulldoze an area of the Negev desert and move Palestinians there

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
Yep..... I have been following him since before this all happened and, then, he was REAL specific that they just had to go away.

Yesterday I was watching tv and one of the Michigan followers of Islam where yelling about how Biden isn't doing enough and they are all just not gonna vote. Somebody should point out to them that Biden is hard firm about establishing a land for the Palestinians. You can be sure that Trump will not do that. They are, she said, willing to not vote for Biden because he hasn't done enough (I think she wanted us to goto war). This was, to my way of thinking, crazy. She seemed so American so, I guess, she was basically yet another display of American stupidity playing my way or the highway.

Its interesting. This whole mess was created by the United States and the UK to get the Jewish terrorist group (forget the name). The original plan was to have two states, one Jewish and the other Palestinian. However, somehow the Palestinians were forgotten. Those running the new state of Israel said that they would just take all the Palestinians in as citizens. I think we all know what happened (or didn't). Biden has said that there WILL be a Palestinian nation. I'm equally sure that it will be next to Israel and there are going to be strict rules.

I also think that its REALLY time for the Israelites to stop stealing Palestinian homes and give those taken back.

Last edited by jgw; 04/07/24 06:49 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard