WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by Jeffery J. Haas - 04/29/24 01:46 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by Jeffery J. Haas - 04/29/24 01:41 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by rporter314 - 04/27/24 09:37 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 04/27/24 12:34 PM
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 04/22/24 01:03 PM
Netanyahu Says Never to a State for Palestinians
by chunkstyle - 04/22/24 12:32 PM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 04/18/24 05:56 PM
Abortion
by pdx rick - 04/14/24 03:23 PM
Did Trump abuse his daughter when she was underage?
by pdx rick - 04/12/24 09:05 PM
Why Trump smells so bad
by pdx rick - 04/10/24 07:42 PM
The 14th Amendment and Donald Trump
by jgw - 04/09/24 05:41 PM
Trump and Satan. One and the same?
by pdx rick - 04/06/24 03:52 PM
Billionaires returning to Trump's cult
by jgw - 04/04/24 07:06 PM
Myths of Easter and other religious holidays
by pdx rick - 04/02/24 08:11 PM
Trump thinks he is the only god America needs
by Doug Thompson - 03/31/24 08:44 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,001,802 my own book page
5,012,242 We shall overcome
4,192,606 Campaign 2016
3,791,874 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,190 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,271
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,083
Posts313,687
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Honcho
old hand
OP Offline
Honcho
old hand
Trump heads for trial. Next stops, prison, hell

If justice still exists in America, Trump, and those who support and promote him, will end up there

By DOUG THOMPSON
April 15, 2024

[Linked Image from capitolhillblue.com]
The Last Word on MSNBC. We can hope.

In this year’s vital Presidential election, each and every voter should ignore their party and votes for the best candidate for the job. It should not be hard, given the existence of the disgraced, sexual predator, rapist, racist and criminally indicted con man, Donald J. Trump.

Never in the 200+ years of this democratic republic, have we, as a nation faced such a severe threat to our way of life, our democracy and the future of us and the rest of the world.

Exaggeration? I wish it were. Trump goes on trial Monday for the first of four sets of criminal charges that defy logic, validity and morality. Trump makes Richard NIxon look like a schoolyard bully. He has conned and fleeced his way to power through a helpful cadre of Republican traitors to their party, the Constitution and America.

I’ve dealt with politics and governments for more than 60 years and while I had reached the point that I didn’t think the shanghais in Washington could surprise me or anyone else, I was wrong. Trump is evil, a monster without morality or value. HIs thousands of lies now number more than 50,000 since 2016, his crimes are voluminous and he shows not an ounce of decency.

Yet Republicans I worked with in Congress during the 1990x continue tu support him and his continued criminal activity. Even while facing more than 80 felony indictments, he is now under investigation for stock fraud over his second-rate social media operation, appears to have tried to use a illicit bond to cover his appeal for more than $400 million in payments for a lawsuit he lost and is using donor money try and cover his mounting legal costs that could easily bankrupt his business and prove that he was never anywhere near as rich as he claimed.

The only consistent excuse I find from Republicans is a claim that Trump and only him, could have appointed the line of hard right-wing Supreme Court Justices who killed the landmark Roe v. Wade ruling that made abortion legal in America. Sadly, that horrific ruling is just the start of efforts by corrupt justices like Clarence Thomas, who lives large on lavish gifts, travel on private planes and other perks. Or a new justice with a record of sexually assaulting girls at his private school in Washington and who lied when he wrote that rulings like Roe v. Wade should not be overturned. Figures. A liar like Trump, the corrupt president who appointed him

Trump becomes the first former president in American history to face criminal charges and a trial. This one comes from his attempts to coverup payments to women he slept with and he used company and campaign funds to do so, a serious felony.

Trump, as always, claims he didn’t bed. Yet, he is found guilty of sexual harassment and rape, has bragged repeatedly about affairs, including the ones that ended his first two marriage and could derail his current one.

On tape just before tje 2016 election, Trump bragged that he had sex with married women because they “love to [censored] celebrities” and said all he has to do is “grab their pussies.” When he owned beauty pageants, he used to walk in on contestants changing costumers and gaped at their undress or total nudity. He told one contestant that her naked breasts “were great!”

When jock Howard Stern called Trump’s daughter Ivanka a great “piece of ass,” Trump said “yes, she is” When she was modeling, Trump asked another model is she agreed that his daughter “has great tits.”

Is this a man you want to be president of the United States of America? If he someone who want to be around your daughter or your wife? If so, may you rot in hell with the lowlife son of a birtch Donald Trump.

It is the role of a newspaperman to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
-- Finley Peter Dunne
2 members like this: Jeffery J. Haas, pdx rick
enthusiast
enthusiast
Here you go. It seems a bit more Americans are now starting to take the alleged crimes of Trump more seriously.

Yahoo News/YouGov poll: 57% of Americans — a new high — say Trump’s alleged crimes are ‘serious’ as hush money trial begins

https://www.yahoo.com/news/yahoo-ne...s-hush-money-trial-begins-191300785.html

The question is now that the trial has started, will it move the polling numbers? The 91 indictments didn’t. The E. J. Carrol trial and the New York fraud case didn’t. Time will tell.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
The E Jean Carroll trial was civil. The business fraud trial was civil. This hush-money trial is criminal - Trump's first. Polls are responding to Trump's first criminal trial.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

enthusiast
enthusiast
It’s too early to know how the polls will respond. I agree on those being civil trails. But they were trials, nonetheless receiving media attention. Give it a couple of weeks, we’re just in the jury selection phrase. In two weeks, compare Trump’s 0.2-point lead today in the two candidate race and Trump’s 1.7 point lead in the 5 way race then to today. The polls will let us know what effect the trial is having. There’s been only one poll since the trial started Monday. The Economist/YouGov poll conducted 14-16 April which shows a 44-44 tie. Question 26.

https://d3nkl3psvxxpe9.cloudfront.net/documents/econTabReport_HqmM53D.pdf

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
K
enthusiast
enthusiast
K
At the rate they're going - 7 steps forward, 2 steps back - it will take them a month to get a jury seated. I'm thinking maybe they should move the trials to Germany or some other country. They can keep the same judge and attorneys and laws, just change countries to try to get unbiased jurors, because I really do not think they will find truly unbiased jurors here in the US. It only takes one Trump cult follower to sneak in and hang the jury.

Good doesn't always win!
K
enthusiast
enthusiast
K
Well, I spoke too soon. Now I saw that they did seat 12 jurors plus one alternate. So they are making progress. I still expect it to be a hung jury.

Good doesn't always win!
veteran
veteran
My thinking is it won't matter .... here is why

MAGA doesn't buy the legal arguments at all i.e they are phony and therefore meaningless. (In addition of course the son of God etc etc). The disingenuous supporters , like elected Republicans who rely on MAGA to win elections, but know Trump is bad for the Party and the country, will continue to support Trump despite the results of any legal proceedings.Thus the impact will be minimal from Republicans.

The current polling suggests to me independents have been baked in at this point. They believe the propaganda ... Biden is bad for the economy, war, Democracy. I suspect the impact will be minimal here as well

All the polling which has people "saying" they will not support Trump if he is convicted is simply heat of the moment talk. Let them cool off a bit and reconsider.

I won't be betting on my thoughts as the political situation has metastasized into something new and different. I think all bets should be off until we have a better understanding of what is happening in America. Democracy may already be dead and I just don't know it yet or it could still be on the balance waiting for all good men, all good patriots to step forward and ensure it will survive.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Many legal analysts expect a conviction from Trump's first criminal trial. Media accounts of the trial are the Trump is falling asleep in court and passing gas - an odor his own legal team finds offensive. laugh

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Link Copied to Clipboard