WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/16/24 06:20 PM
2024 Election Forum
by pdx rick - 05/16/24 06:13 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 5 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,031,912 my own book page
5,014,787 We shall overcome
4,192,774 Campaign 2016
3,792,127 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,403 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,283
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,773
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Honcho
old hand
OP Offline
Honcho
old hand
More of Trump’s cadre of followers are having second thoughts

Some began having second thoughts before he was inaugurated in 2016, but his legal problems keep it increasing at a faster pace

[Linked Image from capitolhillblue.com]
By DOUG THOMPSON
May 1, 2024

Each week of the hush-money criminal trial of disgraced former president Donald Trump begins with headline-grabbing new information about this first of several trials the pathological narcissistic Donald J. Trump but interviews with those infatuated with him admit they are learning too much about him to even consider voting him back in for the presidency he lorst in 2000.

“I thought he was something special when I voted for him in 2016,” says a now former trump supporter who withheld her name because of fears of reprisal. “But every time he opens his mouth, he contradicts what he has said before and the evidence if mounting on his crimes. I was stupid. I admit it.”

Ross Kuehne, an independent from Candia, N.H., voted for Trump in 2016, thought about voting for Nikki Haley before she dropped out, but now says he is going for Biden this year.”

Kuehne, interview by the New York Times earlier “:rattled off a greatest hits of what he considered low points: Mr. Trump noting he had ‘great friendship’ with the North Korean dictator. A government shutdown. Mexico not paying for the border wall. Mr. Trump describing “very fine people on both sides” at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va. His supporters storming the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Times writers Jennifer Medina and Reid J. Epstein add even more to a list of problems cited by former but now ex-supporters of Trump:

The recording of Mr. Trump saying he could grab women by the genitals. Praising Russian intelligence. Crudely disparaging African countries. Separating children from their parents at the Mexican border. Telling children Santa Claus isn’t real. Considering buying Greenland. Suggesting using nuclear weapons to stop a hurricane. Threatening to withhold aid from Ukraine if its president wouldn’t investigate the Biden family. Suggesting Covid patients inject bleach.

Others? List of comments by sone if those who supported and worked for Trump in the White House but now regret doing so, courtesy of CNN:

Vice president, Mike Pence: “The American people deserve to know that President Trump asked me to put him over my oath to the Constitution. … Anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be president of the United States.”

Second attorney general, Bill Barr: “Someone who engaged in that kind of bullying about a process that is fundamental to our system and to our self-government shouldn’t be anywhere near the Oval Office.”

Former aide Cassidy Hutchinson: “I think that Donald Trump is the most grave threat we will face to our democracy in our lifetime, and potentially in American history.”

Former White House lawyer: Ty Cobb: “Trump relentlessly puts forth claims that are not true.”

Trump’s first director of Homeland Security Tom Bossert: “The President undermined American democracy baselessly for months. As a result, he’s culpable for this siege, and an utter disgrace.”

One of his many former communications directors, Anthony Scaramucci: “He is the domestic terrorist of the 21st century.”

Another former communications director, Stephanie Grisham: “I am terrified of him running in 2024.”

His second chief of staff, John Kelly: “A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law. There is nothing more that can be said. God help us.”

This is a partial list. It keeps growing daily.

Copyright © 2024 Capitol Hill Blue

It is the role of a newspaperman to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
-- Finley Peter Dunne
1 member likes this: pdx rick
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
I noticed this morning that his court trial is starting with the juicy ladies stuff. First one today (I think) but sure to have more. I also suspect that folks will, now, start to actually watch it all. I also suspect that its gonna be hard on Trump (makes me feel SO bad for him (almost)). There is also the simple fact that Trump lies will be, yet again, displayed for all to see.

Apparently they will be done with this one in two weeks. This also means that they can also start another one in, about, two weeks. One can only wonder which one will be next.

Interesting times?

K
enthusiast
enthusiast
K
And yet some of those folks mentioned in Doug's post will still vote for him. It's amazing how many say they don't support him but will still vote for whoever the GOP candidate is! As we all know, in this case it is Trump!.

Good doesn't always win!
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
There won't be another charge in the courts as he (Trump), and his pals, and them that he installed, apparently have had all other charges extended to after he gets to be president. What, however, happens if he is NOT the next president?

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Sadly, some Rs who I thought have seen the light (McConnell, Barr) who previously denounced Trump, state they will gladly vote for Trump again.

The fellas know what an awful human being Trump is, but they would rather vote for a dishonest, corrupt, clown, over a decent human being that holds America's democracy as a value, simply because this decent human being is a democrat.

Truth be told, every R-POTUS in the last 40 years has left office with the American economy in ruins. Why would anyone want more of THAT? While POTUS, Trump also rolled-back environmental advances, and wrecked havoc on America's social safety nets all to benefit the wealthy. Trump failed to fill top government positions, and instead placed incompetent "acting" place-holders. Trump's handling of C19 was disastrous. Who can forget Trump's disastrous response to the deadly neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville? In the wake of George Floyd's death, Trump failed to rise to the occasion, by dividing and not uniting.

Trump's frequent racist rhetoric as POTUS was beyond the pale.

Trump often took credit for the robust US economy before the pandemic, ignoring that much of the growth began during the Obama administration. Trump caused consumer prices to go up with his asinine tariffs he imposed on China. The American farmer was hurt in these Chinese tariffs as well to the extent that the Trump Administration had to pay the American farmer for the damage the policy caused.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Link Copied to Clipboard