WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 05/19/24 10:33 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 4 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,473 my own book page
5,016,477 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,610 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,285
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,786
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 3 of 82 1 2 3 4 5 81 82
kap17 #86460 11/10/08 06:13 PM
K
old hand
old hand
K
But if you're really serious about putting a stop to gay sex, let them get married.
Where in the hell is that rolling over laughing icon?

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Jeffro #86482 11/10/08 08:57 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Jeffro
Originally Posted by Ken Hill
Jeffro;.....it's right over-----there.

Thanks Ken, You wait here, I'll go check it out for you... be right back.
Hey Jeffro is that YOU I see outside my window disappearing back into the cul de sac looking for the short cut to the park? grin
It is a cool as hell place. Very pretty, very small. A lot of dogs. The poor river is only about half there anymore since the drought but it's still very pretty.

I've never seen anything...ahem naughty or dangerous or even weird. In fact the atmosphere is exceptionally sweet and laid back.

My next door neighbor was a very sick man (bi polar in fact). I'm convinced he was a closet gay man. He got banned from the park because he would go down there and pick fights.
How sad is that?
He was such a mess we finally had to ask his landlady to make him leave.

For the record, I am not anti religion either. I know many fine Christians who I admire greatly, their beliefs and the way they live but I think many Christians in recent years have gone over to a dark side. These folks can be very scary.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Originally Posted by Phil Hoskins
The bitterest pill of all though comes from African Americans who voted overwhelmingly for these bans. One op-ed written by a self-described black lesbian contended it was, after all, just a white gay male issue and not a civil rights issue at all. She argued that gay white males didn’t reach out to her community to show why they should vote no on 8 (our proposition here in California).

Heard an interview on TOTN today with someone matching this description. Another point she raised was that AA's did not at all appreciate the WeHo Halloween effigy that so strongly invoked lynching imagery.

The final war will be between Pavlov's dog and Schroedinger's cat. --Robert Anton Wilson
Hekate #86531 11/11/08 06:40 AM
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
OP Offline
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Forty-three Democratic legislators, including leaders of the California Senate and Assembly, filed a brief Monday urging that the California Supreme Court void Proposition 8.

Assembly Speaker Karen Bass, Senate President Pro Tem Don Perata and incoming President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg signed the friend of the court brief, filed with the state Supreme Court.
Los Angeles Times

Life is a banquet -- and most poor suckers are starving to death -- Auntie Mame
You are born naked and everything else is drag - RuPaul
Hekate #86556 11/11/08 01:45 PM
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Phil Hoskins
The bitterest pill of all though comes from African Americans who voted overwhelmingly for these bans. One op-ed written by a self-described black lesbian contended it was, after all, just a white gay male issue and not a civil rights issue at all. She argued that gay white males didn’t reach out to her community to show why they should vote no on 8 (our proposition here in California).

I wrote about this very same thing last week on the other thread about a Bay Area Black minister saying this was a "gay white male issue" because gay white men have never reached out to the Black community. (Check it out - it's there, I wrote it a week ago.) Seems to me that the Black community has their "talking points memo" well rehearsed.

Blacks are so offended when gays say this is a "civil rights" issue. Blacks vehemately disagree because being gay is a "choice"; therefore, it can't be a "civil rights" issue as being born with black skin.

When the talk show host pointed out that research is leaning towards gayness as genetic, the self-described Black listener stated that homosexuality is still a "choice."

Contrarian, extraordinaire

I listened to a show on NPR last night that debated how much responsibility blacks have for killing Prop. 8. One woman said that it was not the blacks who were putting up the millions to fight it. It was white conservative churches and that blacks were being scapegoated to drive a wedge between gays and blacks.

EmmaG

"I believe very deeply that compassion is the route not only for the evolution of the full human being, but for the very survival of the human race." —The Dalai Lama
EmmaG #86560 11/11/08 01:53 PM
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by EmmaG
I listened to a show on NPR last night that debated how much responsibility blacks have for killing Prop. 8. One woman said that it was not the blacks who were putting up the millions to fight it. It was white conservative churches and that blacks were being scapegoated to drive a wedge between gays and blacks.
Here on Bay Area talk radio this subject has been discussed ad naseum since the elections. Black listeners state that they voted for Prop 8 because "homosexuality is wrong in the eyes of God" and that they are offended by the suggestion by gays that this is a "civil rights" issue - absolutely, unequivocally, offended by those labeling "gay marriage" as a "civil rights issue."

How dare gays equate gay marriage with civil rights?

EmmaG #86561 11/11/08 01:59 PM
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by EmmaG
One woman said that it was not the blacks who were putting up the millions to fight it.
True, but Blacks freely admit to voting for the Proposition.

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
You Ranters know where there term "down low" came from, don't you?

The term originated in the Black community because homosexuality is not embraced in Black culture to the extent that a Black gay or lesbian can't be their true self and must live the lie on the "down low" by cruising and having outside sexual relations to (temporarily) cure that constant yearning.

(Now "down low" has become so mainstream that it applies to a myriad of situations.)

Down low - Urban Dictionary:

DEFINITION 5:
when black males try to remain straight by having sex with other men then go home and sleep with their wives.

DEFINITION 9:
Usually it means to keep something quiet and to only tell people who are cool enough to know or trustworthy. This definition comes from the real meaning which is a black man/men who have sexual relations with other men but have relationships with women and hide the homosexuality and homo sex.

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
I'm not mad at the Black community, I'm just disappointed in the Black community. As I stated in the other thread, I'd expect Black Americans of all people to appreciate this struggle.

I've neglected to factor in their religious convictions.

...and I forgot to factor in the "AIDS factor" as well. In Black culture, AIDS = gay. Never mind that on other continents AIDS is a "heterosexual" issue.

Page 3 of 82 1 2 3 4 5 81 82

Link Copied to Clipboard