WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 60 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 59 60
J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Steve,

It's an open secret or more like an open joke. I wanted to talk with him and provide him with evidence if he would accept it before I got on the stand because you never know what might happen here in Florida's 14th Judicial District. Recently defrocked State Attorney Meadows wouldn't even acknowledge the evidence that I sent him and his chief assistant refused to answer my direct question if he, Meadows, or Tunnel viewed my VHS tape that I sent to Meadows. The FBI won't get involved for a variety of reasons (but I'll bet they'll screen the calls to their "logistics center"- i.e. mailroom- more stringently now), so I asked the Senate Judiciary Committee for help.

Joe

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Originally Posted by numan
Originally Posted by Joe Keegan
I began this letter with the following quote from Director Mueller: “When just one of us loses just one of our rights, then the freedoms of all of us are diminished.” I would like to know if he means what he said or are they just words.

I am sure that there is no question about the matter.

They are just words.

-

numan,

You got it! It was more in the nature of a rhetorical question anyway.

Joe

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
What's the difference between what Pellicano received 15 yrs for and what the FDLE, Holmes County Sheriff's Dept, et al are doing? Or, for that matter, the government with their warrantless wiretapping? There isn't any difference except that the private citizen is accountable, but the state isn't. Official misconduct becomes accepted behavior and even considered the "norm," resulting in the breakdown of the rule of law and eventual dissolution of all our rights. As it is, the government doesn't believe that you have any rights, but only privileges. And they're taking them away, too.

Unaccountability makes this type of blatant abuse and arrogance inevitable. Checks and balances are just so many meaningless words like the oxymoron of government ethics or integrity. You don't have to look any further than our economic meltdown to see where there is leading. And, remember that these rights killing laws will be used to collect the bill for the economic transgressions or possibly even against a political opponent or critic or maybe even someone a cop just doesn't like.

Joe

Last edited by Joe Keegan; 12/16/08 10:06 AM.

old hand
old hand
Well said, but the economic meltdown has at least as much to do with private sector behavior as with government behavior.

"The white men were as thick and numerous and aimless as grasshoppers, moving always in a hurry but never seeming to get to whatever place it was they were going to." Dee Brown
J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
There's a difference? The corps own the government and with the media's blessings do what they want for the most part. For example, Enron was touted and extolled as a model for American corporations until it went belly up. However, was that massive fraud perpetuated by one or two men alone? What about the private and government accountants, auditors, and lawyers not only within Enron but hired by them to audit the books? And where were the regulators? Coffee break? You see this lack of integrity, honesty, morals, and the rule of law up and down the line and across the board in both sectors. The economic meltdown is the inevitable result.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Got off the phone a short while ago with Steve (they don't give last names)at the Senate Judiciary Committee. Steve said that they received and forwarded my letter and evidence to Counsel by "issue area (subject)." I asked what "issue area" or what Subcommittee. He said that he didn't know. I asked for Counsel's phone number. He said that he can't release it. I asked for the name of the Chief Counsel. He said that he can't give it. So I asked to speak to Chairman Leahy. He said that the Senator's busy. So I asked him to schedule an appointment. He said that he can't do that and that I'd have to call his office. I asked Steve what he thought of cover-ups. Steve said that he's against them.

I sent the following email to Senator Leahy requesting a brief telephonic appointment:
Dear Sen. Leahy,

I just got off the phone with Steve at the Senate Judiciary Committee. He confirmed that they received my packet regarding the FBI and illegal electronic surveillance that I sent to you last month and they forwarded it to counsel by issue area. Unfortunately, he couldn't give me a phone number for counsel, the issue area, or the name of the chief counsel. I requested that he connect me to you so that I may find out the status of my charges and evidence. He said that you're busy and he can't do that. So I asked him if he could schedule an appointment with you and he said no and that I'd have to call your office to do so. Since I'm not in your area code, I'm requesting 5 minute phone conversation with you to discuss this matter. I've listed
my address and phone number below. Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
Joe Keegan

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
I just emailed the above post to Senator Leahy. Gosh, I hope I don't get into any trouble.

Joe Keegan
Bonifay, Florida

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
I just emailed a copy of my Dec. 11, 2007 letter to Sen. Leahy, just in case the Judiciary Committee doesn't share it with him. I'm not one of the Senator's constituents, so he doesn't have to reply (remember that the Judiciary Committee told me to contact him at his US Senate Office). Gosh, he might not even get to see it never mind reply,or, for that matter, read my letter that I addressed to him as Chairman of the Judiciary Committee.

Last edited by Joe Keegan; 01/21/09 07:57 PM. Reason: clarification

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
I just got off the phone with Dan (they also don't give last names)at Senator Leahy's DC office. I asked Dan if I could speak to Senator Leahy. Dan said that Sen. Leahy was unavailable and asked if I wanted to leave a message. I said yes and told Dan that I sent the Senator a package regarding FBI Patriot Act abuse and illegal electronic surveillance, a VHS tape, and some emails, and asked if the Senator viewed the VHS tape.

Page 19 of 60 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 59 60

Link Copied to Clipboard