State Attorney Steve Meadows didn't win re-election. If I remember correctly, the only county that he won was Holmes County. Meadows was a former cop, but even the police didn't support him this time around. The general feeling was (and there was even a website to that sentiment): "Anyone but Steve Meadows." The new State Attorney is Glenn Hess, who was a judge. So being the eternal optimist and believing that the rule of law still exists and that Florida hasn't gone completely Banana Republic, I sent my charges and evidence to Florida's new 14th Judicial District State Attorney Glenn Hess and asked to meet with him to resolve this matter. The USPS confirmed delivery of my EXPRESS MAIL envelope, Receipt Number: EH55 8363 395US, at 10:25 AM yesterday. The first two paragraphs of my complaint follow:
March 6, 2009

The Honorable Glenn Hess
Office of the State Attorney
Fourteenth Judicial Circuit of Florida
421 Magnolia Avenue
Panama City, FL 32401-0085

Our nation is a government of laws and not men. -Charlie Crist

Dear State Attorney Hess,

I appeared as summoned at the Holmes County courthouse (FL 14th Judicial Circuit) Friday morning, Dec. 12, 2008, for jury duty. I was prospective juror #37. After Clerk of the Court Cody Taylor explained the procedures, he asked if anyone wanted to talk to the judge about being excused from duty. I raised my hand. I intended to present evidence of my charges of official police misconduct by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and Holmes County Sheriff’s Department, illegal electronic surveillance by these two Florida law enforcement agencies and the West Florida Electric Cooperative (WFEC) Association, and conspiracy to violate my civil and constitutional rights by the aforementioned to the judge. I pointed to the cameras and asked, “What are those?” Clerk of the Court Cody Taylor told me that they are cameras, called me to the side, and told me that the judge doesn't want to talk to me and said that I'm excused. I didn’t get to present my charges and evidence to the judge as I had intended. This is the same Holmes County Courthouse in which another judge declared a mistrial in my neighbors’ drug case. The judge dismissed that case because the State Attorney and FDLE withheld evidence and testimony. I have suspicions that the evidence the FDLE and State Attorney’s Office withheld would prove my charges of illegal electronic surveillance.

I am also charging former State Attorney Steve Meadows and his Chief Assistant State Attorney, William A. Lewis, with obstruction of justice by covering up Florida law enforcement officers’ criminal misconduct and abuse of authority related to my above charges. Since I wasn’t allowed to present evidence of my charges to the Judge that day, I’m respectfully presenting my evidence to you and requesting an investigation of my charges. The enclosed VHS videotape, which I discuss below, and documents are more than enough evidence to warrant an investigation of my charges. There are either surveillance devices as I have charged- and three experts verified their presence- or there are not. A simple official investigation of my charges will resolve this complaint one way or another.
Joe