EmmaG,

Technically, they can't shut them down, yet. However, if martial law should ever be declared would be another story. Although the kops may not be able to shut down the local boards, they certainly can slow them down by unleashing a legion of trolls to personally attack anyone who disagrees with the local government/politicians/authorities. Most people don't like confrontation or even argument. So the personal and abusive attacks first discourage people from posting and eventually can shut down a board. I've seen it happen.

My suspicion regarding "Joe K/Joe Kin" proved correct. "Joe Kin's" only reply to my post #36:
I did not post this message, post #35. If you check this "Joe Keegan" post above, you'll see that there is no identifying city beneath the name. This is called "identity theft." I reported this post as abuse and have taken other measures.
was in his post #37:
Big Whoop...
"And "Joe Kin" is right! When they're that stupid and arrogant, they're protected and unaccountable. I suspect that "Joe Kin" is Bay County and 14th Judicial District connected. It's even worse with the FDLE, which is a political organization by it's legislative charter and, in effect, the governor's "goon squad." Do you remember, former FDLE Comm. Guy Tunnel? Do you believe that he was qualified to investigate white-collar crime?

Any residual effects from the recent thunderstorms in your area? It was like the days of Noah here! A lot of flooding.

Joe