Finally getting through books I have owned for decades but never got around to reading. Have finished Fawn Brodie's biography of Thomas Jefferson, which confirms much of the condemnation of his behavior that came through in reading Chernof's excellent biography of Alexander Hamilton. Jefferson was not the saint so many accept him as having been, but a duplicitous and remarkably lazy person who subjected his daughters to psychological abuse and behaved very badly toward his servants.

Now have moved on to Dee Brown's Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, which, even in my advanced state of cynicism and with full knowledge of how badly our immediate past Vice President behaved, is very difficult to read because of how thoroughly it documents the total absence of christianity and fair dealings plagued virtually ever step of our interaction with the indigenous peoples of this continent.

Both help dispel any notion that the Founding Fathers have any claim on righteous or moral definition of how a government should behave toward the people who elect it. Indeed, the models established by the Founding Fathers deserve to be destroyed!

"The white men were as thick and numerous and aimless as grasshoppers, moving always in a hurry but never seeming to get to whatever place it was they were going to." Dee Brown