An Open Letter to Florida State Attorney Glenn Hess

From Joe Keegan-April 16, 2009

Dear State Attorney Hess,

I sent you a letter, dated March 6, 2009, along with evidence charging the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Holmes County Sheriff’s Department, and the West Florida Electric Co-operative Association with illegal electronic surveillance, and conspiracy. I also charged former State Attorney Steve Meadows and his Chief Assistant State Attorney with covering up. The USPS confirmed delivery of my EXPRESS MAIL envelope, Receipt Number: EH55 8363 395US, at 10:25 AM Monday, March 9, 2009. On March 18, 2009, I phoned your office, and asked to speak to you; instead, I was transferred to "Pam's" answering machine. I left a recorded message for “Pam” to ask if you had the chance to review my March 6, 2009 letter and VHS tape that your office received. I left my name, address, phone number, date of call, and requested that your office get back to me to schedule an appointment in order to resolve this matter. On March 20, 2009, I phoned your office and left another message on “Pam’s” answering machine.

On April 3, 2009, I faxed you a public records request seeking all files related to my March 6, 2009 letter referenced above. I called your office and an employee acknowledged receiving the fax. On April 7, 2009, I phoned the State Attorney Office employee that handles the Public Records Requests and left a message inquiring as to the status of my request. I still haven't received a return call from your office regarding either my complaint or Public Records Request.

Aren’t you required to at least respond to my complaint or else charge me with filing a false report? Have you viewed the VHS tape that I sent to you? Also, aren’t you required by law to respond to my Public Records Request? It is the law. Or, are there two sets of laws in Florida: One for the authorities and one for the citizens? Please reply by April 24, 2009. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Joe Keegan
Bonifay (Holmes County), Florida