Police prying into stars' data From the article:
Police from communities across the state have repeatedly tapped into the state's criminal records system to improperly access information on celebrities and "high-profile citizens," according to a scathing audit released yesterday that also branded the system as obsolete and flawed.

Law enforcement personnel looked up personal information on Patriots star Tom Brady 968 times - seeking anything from his driver's license photo and home address, to whether he had purchased a gun - and auditors discovered "repeated searches and queries" on dozens of other celebrities such as Matt Damon, James Taylor, Celtics star Paul Pierce, and Red Sox owner John Henry, said two state officials familiar with the audit.
I doubt that this abuse is limited to Massachusetts law enforcement. And, I can assure you that you don't have to be a celebrity or "high profile citizen" to have some cop or bureaucrat do a search on you out of curiosity. And, they've got a lot more data bases and sources than just the Criminal Offender Record Information system. So who cares? You'd care if this personal information was being accessed to obtain "intelligence" on you because of political activism, personal grudge, unrequited love, or some political hack's orders.

But the yearlong review by state Auditor A. Joseph DeNucci depicts a system repeatedly accessed by users "without any apparent work-related justification."
DeNucci should be commended. I'm surprised that they released the results of his audit. He went on to say:
Such unauthorized use could be considered fraud under federal law, and "disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal and/or criminal prosecution" could follow misuse of the system, DeNucci's audit said.
Don't bet on it, however.