Didn't mean to kill the thread. I have just about had it with religious intolerance on this subject. I am enjoying watching Carrie Preach-on getting flak, not for her comments, but for the utter hypocrisy of her position in light of her "au naturel" photographs. I actually supported her response, not because I agree at all, but she was set up by Perez Hilton, which I thought was a dirty trick, and she simply spoke her mind - and agreed with a majority of the California voters who voted in favor of Prop 8. Now, of course, I am enjoying her come-uppance.

Now we have preachers trying to undo the Maine legislative process, and objecting to our legal processes. Screw 'em. While I completely support their ability to have views, when they start getting involved in the political process, they have crossed the line. Remove their tax exemptions. They are no longer a spiritual community, they are now a political PAC. I am tired of them trying to impose their religious views on the public. Remember separation of church and state? How about separation of church and sanity? F'em. Really, it disgusts me. Intolerant bigots, period.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich