We shall overcome, one celebrity at a time. smile

In an interview with Los Angeles radio station KOST 103.5, Marie Osmond confirmed rumors that her daughter Jessica is a lesbian and spoke about her views on marriage equality. Though the interviewer suggested the question might be "a sensitive topic" because of Osmond’s Mormon faith, the entertainer didn't hold back.

“That’s not a sensitive topic, I love my daughter,” said Osmond with a laugh.

Last week, the U.K. publication The Sun suggested all may not be well between Osmond and her daughter. But Osmond went on to say that though the Mormon Church may not agree with homosexuality, she isn’t imposing those beliefs on her children.

“You know, on those types of things I'm very supportive. When it comes to marriage, I think that civil rights need to be for all," Osmond said. "When you start mixing religion into that and beliefs, you know, I do believe in the Bible. My daughter understands my beliefs. And, you know, God said to be married and be productive with your children and, you know, replenish the earth or whatever. She understands those things. My daughter is sharp. And we have a great relationship and I think she would tell you that."

You go Marie Osmond! ThumbsUp

Contrarian, extraordinaire