-

A jury consists of twelve persons responsible for deciding who has
the better lawyer.

---Robert Frost

And an appellate court is responsible for twisting the law in favor of
the more influential party.

---yours truly

What I wrote on another thread seems apposite here:

During most of the history of the United States, the Supreme Court has been the most dangerous, reactionary and irresponsible element in the American system of governance. That was apparent in the Dred Scott decision, during the 1930's, and in 2000, when it outrageously "selected" George W. Bush as president. It is too powerful, and too unchecked; there are many dangers to the American people from their ill-devised Constitution, but the Supreme Court is one of the most dangerous.

As in a dictatorship, it functions well when good people are judges, and it functions very badly and dangerously when bad people rule. So, as long as the present Constitution is in effect, it is very important to have good people there.

As is the case at the national level, so is it at the state level. Because of the antiquated and dangerous constitutions modeled after the source of all evil, the US Constitution, basic civil rights are not protected. Even basic equality between men and women is not protected, for heaven's sake! (Remember ERA?)

As a part of my earnest and apparently futile effort to save Americans from the fate of Narcissus, I provide a link that indicates how they manage these things in civilized countries:

Same-sex Marriage

-