I received a reply to my email to Assistant Attorney General Joslyn Wilson from the Attorney General's Office, and not the AAG herself. This is the email equivalent of a bureaucrat switching from the first person "I" to the plural royal "we." From the OAG's reply:
In addition, as this office noted in its previous email, the Governor, under part II of chapter 27, Florida Statutes, has the authority to issue executive orders assigning 'special prosecutors,' which are state attorneys assigned to handle criminal matters outside of their particular circuits. As to information regarding the exercise of that authority, you should contact the Governor’s Office. I would note, however, that in authorizing the Governor to appoint a special prosecutor, section 27.14, Florida Statutes, provides that if a state attorney is "disqualified to represent the state in any investigation, case, or matter pending in the courts of
his or her circuit or if, for any other good and sufficient reason, the Governor determines that the ends of justice would be best served, the Governor may, by executive order filed with the Department of State, either order an exchange of circuits or of courts between such state attorney and any other state attorney or order an assignment of any state attorney to discharge the duties of the state attorney with respect to one or more specified investigations, cases, or matters, specified in general in the executive order of the Governor." (e.s.)
Been there,done that,and got the t-shirt. I strongly suspect the OAG knows it, too, regarding requesting a "special prosecutor." But maybe the third time is the charm? The problem is that unless the State Attorney asks to be excused, you can forget about any Governor appointing one. State Attorney Hess and Florida's 14th Judicial Circuit wouldn't be ignoring my charges, and public records request, without an understanding. Citing sections and statutes are meaningless scribbles, unless they want them to mean something. Here's one, Title 18 U.S.C. Sec. 4, that may have meant something to that judge who didn't want to talk to me. I intended to present my charges and evidence to him along with my request to excused from jury duty. If he received my charges and evidence, he was required to do something or at least forward them to some official who would. How do you avoid that? Don't talk to the person. How does the FBI do it? They repeatedly deny in writing that they received them, even though they signed for the mail.