Originally Posted by Schlack

This most profound aspect of marriage–protecting and controlling the sexuality of the child-bearing sex–is its only true reason for being, and it has no equivalent in same-sex marriage.

Misogyny at it's most eloquent.

Can gay men and women be as generous as we straight men are? Will you consider us as men who love, just as you do, and not merely as homophobes or Baptists? Every day thousands of ordinary heterosexual men surrender the dream of gratifying our immediate erotic desires. Instead, heroically, resignedly, we march up the aisle with our new brides, starting out upon what that cad poet Shelley called the longest journey, attired in the chains of the kinship system–a system from which you have been spared.

Wow! Just wow... uh... "thank you sir, may I have another"?

Few men would ever bother to enter into a romantic heterosexual marriage–much less three, as I have done–were it not for the iron grip of necessity that falls upon us when we are unwise enough to fall in love with a woman other than our mom.

Why do I sense that the third time is not a charm for this guy? I see at least one more painful, dutiful walk down the aisle into the shackles and misery of heterosexual male responsibility of protecting and controlling yet another unfortunate woman's 'sexuality'.

The 'mom' thing just creeps me out.

Sheesh! Not a biblical quote or trace of hostile homophobia to be seen and the arguments are STILL moronic. He actually sounds jealous.

We are constantly invited to be who we are. Henry David Thoreau