Wow, here's a Catholic with his head on straight:
As a Catholic, I am troubled by injustice in any form. Not allowing gay marriage smacks of discrimination. Is denying the rights of others because of their sexual orientation really the best way to spread the gospel? To say that gay marriage is immoral is one thing, but to make it illegal is another. Many marriages are “immoral” from a Biblical perspective, yet we don’t seek legislation against them. Nor do we attempt to outlaw divorce, for that matter. Actually, I think divorce is a pretty good model for how the Church should respond to the gay marriage issue. We insist that divorce is immoral, yet we do not try to prevent the courts from allowing it. Our response to gay marriage ought to be the same.

I’m not saying that gay marriage is morally right; the Bible is pretty clear about God’s design for marriage and human sexuality. What I’m suggesting is that perhaps the gay marriage debate is one from which we Catholics ought to excuse ourselves, at least on the issue of legality. If we actively support gay marriage, we encourage immoral behavior. If we actively fight it, we throw up more obstacles between Christ and the lost.

After all, I remember Jesus criticizing divorce specifically; I do not, however, remember Him demanding that Pontius Pilate outlaw it. We need to live our morality, not legislate it.
Todd Rooney, in the Pittsburgh Examiner
Also today, Clergy Rally in Support Of Same-Sex Marriage, On Faith Section, WaPo:
A diverse coalition of more than 100 clergy gathered in a Southeast Washington church yesterday to show their support for same-sex marriages in the District.
"We declare that our faith calls us to affirm marriage equality for loving, same-sex couples," said the Rev. Dennis Wiley, pastor of the Covenant Baptist Church, as he stood in the pulpit of his church before religious leaders from all eight wards of the city.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich