One step closer to 6.... Gay marriage approved in N.H.

OOOps... my bad, it is 6!
New Hampshire became the sixth state in the nation today to approve gay marriage, after legislation was enacted by both the state House and Senate and then signed by Governor John Lynch.

"Today we're standing up for the liberties of same-sex couples by making clear they will receive the same rights, responsibilities and respect under New Hampshire law," Lynch said this afternoon before signing the bill at about 5:20 p.m. "It is my hope and my belief that New Hampshire will once again come together to embrace tolerance and respect and to stand against discrimination."

The new law makes New Hampshire the sixth state in the nation to allow gays to marry.

Shortly after 4 p.m., the House had voted 198-176 for the bill. The bill had been passed earlier in the day by the Senate.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich