"We believe a man should be with a woman and a woman should be with a man," the Rev. Patricia McKinney told The Associated Press. "We have nothing against homosexuals. I just don't agree with their lifestyle."
Wow, that's new, huh? I don't care what she says I'm going to continue working, paying my bills and watching TV!
McKinney denied the ritual was an exorcism, describing it instead as a casting out of spirits.

Hmm... oh I see the distinction:
Exorcism

Ex"or*cism\ (-s[i^]z'm), n. [L. exorcismus, Gr. 'exorkizmo`s; cf. F. exorcisme.]

1. The act of exorcising; the driving out of evil spirits from persons or places by conjuration; also, the form of conjuration used.

2. Conjuration for raising spirits. [R.] --Shak.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.
they were CASTING out spirits, an exorcism is about DRIVING out spirits. Completely different.
Exodus International, a Christian group that believes gays can become straight through prayer and counseling, does not advocate the church's approach, said Jeff Buchanan, director of church equipping.
rolleyesWhatever Mr. Buchanan. It's like a hairsplitting convention.
"It's been a hard time for me, but I'm looking good and I'm standing strong because when you have a mandate like mine you're not going to say what you want without the adversary coming after you," she said. "If you are a true prophet you're not going to be popular with the people."
It's nice to see someone turn their self-perceived persecution into a positive. Narcissism means never having to say you're sorry.

We are constantly invited to be who we are. Henry David Thoreau