I read "The Road" and I don't want to travel that path again. Ya'll I have a new person in my life. Her name is Tabitha. She is 26 years old and morbidly obese. She has seizures, high blood pressure, diabetes, and takes that blood thinner stuff. I met her taking her to the doctor. Now I do have a point here. I found out that she has no human contact except for her mother. She loves to read junior books. I took her to get her first library card two weeks ago. Ya'll her first visit to a library. Twenty-six. I just got back from Fort Library in Huntsville. I found the book "Holes" and recommended it for her. "No thanks." She is more into dragons. I guess she is so removed from the real world that to read about people who inhabit the lives that you and I do would be too jarring for her.

I see that the author of "Holes" has a new book out "Small Steps." It was, of course, checked out so I just stopped off here on my way to Amazon.

BTW, I took Tabby grocery shopping today. Whole sugar, macaroni, cheese. I almost felt my veins clogging up just carrying in her groceries. The family lives on disability and maybe junk food is cheaper than real food.

What do you do when you see people killing themselves before your very eyes? The daughter and mother are the most marginalized people I have ever met.

Sorry for stealing this thread - I'm giving it back now. I just get home and I'm on sensory overload. I want to take a shower and eat some lettuce and celery and read a GOOD book and be with you friends.

Kathy

Where ever you go, there you are!