Three times the charm? Someone vandalized the jumbo sized rural mail box for the third time (I think that it's the same person because he came prepared this time). The first time someone tried to pull it up and twist it off, but couldn't. It was funny thinking about our hero struggling and being frustrated by a mailbox. The second time he tried to twist and rip it off. Again he couldn't. He just succeeded in twisting the box. I straightened it out the best that I could, but the door wouldn’t close right. However, the mailbox was still functional and looked okay, so I didn’t replace it with a new one. This time someone- I believe the same perp because he came prepared- used either a large crowbar or pipe and gave it one good whack, which knocked it off the post. Funny thing is that I really didn't have it all that securely attached to the post in the first place- just a few nails attached to one cross member. Apparently being humiliated by a mailbox challenged his "manhood," and thus the rematch. At any rate, he knocked it off the post. He mangled it and the door too much to straighten out this time.

Returning from Dothan yesterday with a new mailbox, I noticed that someone had opened the lock on my gate and left it still dangling and open on the chain. Apparently they didn’t need a lock. Before I had left, I shut and locked the gate. I was gone only three hours. Maybe they're giving me a message? Once early in the a.m. when the West Florida Electric Co-Op wanted access to the property they just cut the chain with a bolt cutter and drove the ¼ mile back to reattach a line that a lightning bolt had knocked off the transformer. They thought that I was asleep. When I caught up with them reattaching the line to the service pole up front where they cut power, they asked me: Why didn’t you call to report an outage?” I told them that I intended to call in the morning when it was daylight.

There’s no point even mentioning that hearsay has it that the would be thief who tried to steal the Subaru parked in front of the house about 2 a.m. last April is law enforcement connected.