Thanks for the suggestions. The Tuff Body Mailbox may work in a residential area, but not here. Some "cowboy" just has to throw a chain around the pipe and pull it out with his 4 wheel drive pick-up. Recently some parties boosted a pickup from a local hardware store and crashed it into a gas station/convenience store/restaurant and stole an ATM early one morning. If someone can steal an ATM, a mailbox isn't much of a problem.

I replaced the mailbox this morning. The problem was that I had used 3.5 inch nails on the cross members, which would make it difficult to tear the mailbox from the post. This time I used nails sufficient to hold the mailbox in place, but which would allow any vandal to rip the box off the post- no threat to his "manhood"- and throw it to the ground, thereby proving whatever it is that he wants to prove. It's not necessary to do a "funky chicken" dance on it.

As you know, any professional car thief can steal any vehicle no matter how sophisticated the anti-theft system. When I spoke to a licensed expert regarding removing a blinking indicator, which the would be car robber triggered, the expert said that he had another example of this previously and would get back to me. Peoples' minds are like sponges. Whatever some law enforcement type subsequently may have pissed in his ear following my phone call, apparently had an effect. He was no longer willing to help.