Originally Posted by jgw
I have just tried to read this thread. Half of it consists of empty replies. Strange.........
There's nothing sinister about the empty posts. Because of the duration of this topic and bandwidth,the moderators probably archived them. If you want an overview, please check out my Petition to Gov. Crist that I posted on my blog. It will give you some idea of what's going on. I began this thread not only to tell my story, but also to serve as an educational tool. Our government and legal system isn't quite as honorable as portrayed in the comic books and on TV or in the movies. The problem is that there are no checks and balances or accountability- at least as it pertains to us peasants. In effect, there is no Rule of Law. Our justice system means just that- JUST-US (and the average American isn't included). The House republicans reading the US Constitution into the record is just shtick. They're no more committed to it and its principles than the democrats. You really don't have to look any further than Wall Streets coup d'etat to see that there's no rule of law, checks and balances, or accountability. The bankers pulled off the biggest bank robbery in history and took over DC without firing a shot.

Originally Posted by jgw
Two cents worth - Big Brother is:
Watching us (planes, cameras, et al)
Reading our Email (actually ALL internet communication)
Listening to our phone calls
Invading homes with no knock
Stealing assets on spec

Oh, and killing our children in wars that cannot be won (keeps the number unemployed down)

All of the above with the help of congress, and the blessings of the, obviously, no ax to grind supremes <G>
We've been a covert Police State for the past few decades. The Patriot Act(s)just "legalized" what the government had been doing for years.