My thought on how it has all happened has to do with our 'leaders' have been working, very hard, in conjunction with most corporately funded news outlets, to scare the living s*** out of us. Its worked REALLY well and it also obvious that most of us are willing to allow the state to do just about anything to 'keep us safe'. What tends to make me wonder is that if one takes a look at the stats on crime, terrorism, etc. that those figures are actually going down, especially crime, that that one has been going down for years. Our chances, for instance, of being involved in a terrorist attack are actually VERY unlikely - possible but not probable. So, many have made a life choice to be scared to death, in the face of the simple fact that we really not be.

So, gov, and the newsies, know exactly how to keep us all happy, scared, safe, and, pretty much under control. This is, incidentally, what nations tend to do. It needn't be this way, in a perfect world, we do NOT live in a perfect world (obviously). If anybody is confused about this then they simply need to wake up and smell the roses. This nation is a CAPITALIST nation. Most of us knows what a capitalist and it has little to do with taking care of everybody so much as gaining capital. Those with the most capital RULE! This is simply the way it is. My confusion is the number of people, without a lot of capital, who support them that do. One can only wonder?

I remember when we went to Washington DC a week after 9/11. My kids were upset with us and asked if we were crazy. I pointed out that the deed was done and it was unlikely to re-occur real soon. Didn't make any difference, family, friends, etc. all pleaded with us not to go. We went. We were not allowed in the white house or the congress of cowards. We were, however, allowed into the house of the supremes. We went to the zoo and the Smithsonion and were not bothered by crowds. Got a suite for the right price, etc. We made exactly the right choice. Oh - my wife loved it - EVERYTHING was on sale! (Oh, I also had a serious talk with my kids. One remains scared to deal (he lives on the Right), the others understood the other two seem to understand that being scared is no real way to live)