Fear and money are two good motivators used to control people by the government. The question is: who is or rather what is the government? In theory, in the USA it's the people. In reality, it's the corporations. The USA is rapidly becoming a fascist nation as the state and government merge. Whose interests are being protected and promoted? The government appears to serve the corporations rather than the people it purports to serve. The corporations that make those campaign contributions (bribes)to our politicians also own the media. The media is going to "report" what their bosses want them to report just as your congressman is going to pass legislation that his real bosses, the corporations and not the American people, want him to pass. Government has become an instrument of the corporations.

The purpose of this thread is to document the difficulties that the average American encounters when dealing with government abuse. I'm not dealing with any macro issues, but rather a very specific one: illegal surveillance. I'm also dealing with very specific individuals, who have abused the authority that government gives them. I don't hold the humanistic view of mankind that man is inherently good. I also don't believe that he's inherently evil. I believe that he (especially those in government)should be watched and held accountable. Unfortunately, checks and balances, accountability, and the rule of law no longer exists in our country. There's a lot of lip service, such as the House republicans reading the US Constitution into the record, but it's just lip service.