Numan, knock it off with the complaints against spelling. Martha is our special book reviewer and her comments are intelligent and welcomed.

I'm trying very hard to understand Sarah Palin. I read her first "Rogue" book and found it rather interesting but lacking in how to do anything interesting in politics. I'm a tad jaded as I have read the best books by some of the best minds in politics and there is something lacking with Palin.

I recognize the appeal of her appearance and her attitude that it is now time for a new personality to be heard. Okay so those other books were written by established leaders desiring to put a new approach to party politics when explaining a new plan or to explain a failed or successful try.

The book is written by a very close associate who has been with Sarah since her work as mayor of Wasilla. He knows her idiosyncrasies and learned how not to stir the pot to avoid emotional reactions. Sarah Palin can stop conversations when she enters the room. She has the style of a professional Broadway actress. She has developed her style to appeal to all kinds of men. Women immediately snap to her attention with not so much jealousy but with respect. Women wonder how Sarah does what she does so well and with such ease.

We all have known and worked for men and women who seem to have all their ducks in the right place. The corker on this woman is to try and make sense of what she is talking about. The author Frank Bailey tries to follow her questions and answers and is convinced she is not stupid. When I read her words and listen to her speeches it is impossible to understand the key words of the question and where can we find the key words in her answers? Following the dialog at the tea party of the Mad Hatter and Alice does not clear up anything.

I am at the point in the book where the 2008 election is being formed around Senator McCain and Governor Sarah Palin. I have been disappointed in Senator McCain for years as he also tends to lose the key words when he speaks. I was worried that should he win this election, what would he do in the Middle East and how would he handle the growing deficits? I can see why he chose Sarah Palin as she is like an electric light suddenly making the room visible.

What Sarah Palin needs is a Movie Director who has a script in front of him including the end game of the film. She is a Christian and that often stuns the people around her. As a group they often are faced with their own statements being corrected by the media and she goes off like a rocket to hunt down this enemy of mankind and make him/her pay for pulling the green curtain away. Suddenly she remembers her Christian faith but often too late. She like many Christians use her faith as a tool to clean up a mess left by a temper tantrum.

I look forward to see how the McCain group tries to work with this gal. There is a lot to work with. Sarah is putting all her brains, looks, appeal and background into a kitchen blender she will turn it on when she declares her candidacy and I wonder what will come out.

So far the book is a good read. I love the concept of a woman being able to grab the opportunity to run for office and take it from there. I can’t help but wish she had been my daughter where her background would be complete by learning to research all that is written about her chosen line of work. My girls do not look like Sarah Palin but they can research lots of stuff on any subject worth the effort.

AKA Sandy Price